Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
Marquito38
Earning My Ears

Wilderness to DD

OK so I have a quick question. The afternoon I get to WDW I am planning on some DD time with the family but I have heard horror stories on taking the bus to DD from the Wilderness Lodge. We will prob want to head out to DD around 1-2, am I in for my own nightmare
'87 offsite,'86 offsite,'00 offsite, '01 Contemporary, 2003 Grand Tour of Iraqi Wilderness, Dec '03 Boardwalk Villas, July '04 Disneyland offsite, Aug '05 Boardwalk, Aug '06 Disneyland offsite, Dec '07 Saratoga Springs, Aug '11 Saratoga Springs, May '12 Honeymoon in Aulani, Dec '12 Grand Californian, Oct '14 Wilderness Lodge

Marquito38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquito38 View Post
OK so I have a quick question. The afternoon I get to WDW I am planning on some DD time with the family but I have heard horror stories on taking the bus to DD from the Wilderness Lodge. We will prob want to head out to DD around 1-2, am I in for my own nightmare
What kind of horror stories have you been hearing? I have never stayed at WL but I have been there to eat at Artist Point several times and take the bus to DD afterwards. The buses to/from WL usually share with 1-2 other resorts in the MK area. DD buses during the day also generally service Typhoon Lagoon. So expect several stops before you make it to DD. Bus service to the water parks and DD from most resorts is a bit slower than bus service to the theme parks. Theme park buses come around fairly often, while DD buses are closer to every 20-30 minutes simply because demand for them is not as high. In the end taking a bus to DD is not that bad, just go into it knowing you need to have a little bit of patience. If you happen to have a car, I highly recommend you DO NOT DRIVE to DD. With all of the construction going on there parking is a nightmare.
jnscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Marquito38
Earning My Ears

I was hearing times of 1.5 to 2 hours. Was hoping that was just an exaggeration.
'87 offsite,'86 offsite,'00 offsite, '01 Contemporary, 2003 Grand Tour of Iraqi Wilderness, Dec '03 Boardwalk Villas, July '04 Disneyland offsite, Aug '05 Boardwalk, Aug '06 Disneyland offsite, Dec '07 Saratoga Springs, Aug '11 Saratoga Springs, May '12 Honeymoon in Aulani, Dec '12 Grand Californian, Oct '14 Wilderness Lodge

Marquito38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquito38 View Post
I was hearing times of 1.5 to 2 hours. Was hoping that was just an exaggeration.
1.5-2 hours seems like a major exaggeration to me. It has never taken me that long to wait for and ride a bus to anywhere on WDW property. Even if you had to wait awhile for a bus and it made several stops before it got to DD it should take no more than about 45-50 minutes at the most.
jnscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
TXMemaw
Mouseketeer

We were at WL last month for a few days and used the buses. We waited the first day about 25 minutes for an EPCOT bus at 3 in the afternoon but did see all the other buses, except for the one to the Magic Kingdom, arrive while we waited. That was our longest wait while we were there. I was worried about the buses as I had also heard some of the stories about long waits but at least for us, that really was never an issue. I'd also agree that taking the bus to DD is the only way to go. Parking is crazy there with all the construction going on.
TXMemaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Yes, you will make a bunch of stops to other MK resorts and TL. But 2 hours is an exaggeration, I've seen it take close to 50mins though.
Disney always tells you plan on 1hr anywhere you go.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: