Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #451
katefl
Earning My Ears

Solo Orlando-ian

Hi all,
I'm new to the boards but have been a Disney fan forever. I recently acquired a seasonal pass and live in the Orlando area and am always looking for people to go with! LMK if you're interested!
katefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #452
snitchesandmice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katefl View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to the boards but have been a Disney fan forever. I recently acquired a seasonal pass and live in the Orlando area and am always looking for people to go with! LMK if you're interested!
I'm a couple of hours south and do a lot of solo trips!

snitchesandmice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #453
richmo
DIS Veteran

Less than a month to go...solo trip March 17th-21.!
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #454
katefl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitchesandmice View Post
I'm a couple of hours south and do a lot of solo trips!
LMK if you ever want company! Also I'm originally from Bradenton
katefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #455
kagdg815
Earning My Ears

First Solo Trip!

March 18th-22nd...So excited! I'm a huge Disney fan, my husband not so much - so, I'm taking the opportunity to experience the wonder of WDW on my own terms. I'm new here - does anyone know of any meets that are going on?
Old 02-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #456
Bevy gee
Bevygee

Going solo for my b-day

Heading down March 19-21... Going to celebrate my 50th. Looking for advice about downtown Disney nightlife. I'm staying at Pop Century and if anyone is going to be there ...look for the blond birthday girlie!
Bevy gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #457
emmaat32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxf15cc View Post
Hey All, I'm a single guy, 27, looking to see if there will be any other singles, preferably my age or younger who is planning a trip to WDW around late March/April. I'm planning to visit and would love to make new friends and spend time with new people during my visit.
you'll have a great time im off to disney land solo then too!

Last edited by emmaat32; 02-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.
emmaat32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #458
aly0430
Earning My Ears

First Solo Trip

I just got back from my 1st 6 day solo trip to the World. It was one of the best things I've ever done. I did have a friend join me over the weekend I was there but the rest of the time I was flying solo.

I wish I had seen this thread before I left because it would have been nice to have met up w/ another solo traveler for a cocktail or a meal.

I highly recommend solo trips for those who want to do them. WDW gives you a very safe, friendly environment to travel in, and the Photopass makes it so easy to have you pic taken in various places around the World.
aly0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #459
aly0430
Earning My Ears

Take advantage of Petals Pool Bar at POP!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #460
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aly0430 View Post
I just got back from my 1st 6 day solo trip to the World. It was one of the best things I've ever done. I did have a friend join me over the weekend I was there but the rest of the time I was flying solo.

I wish I had seen this thread before I left because it would have been nice to have met up w/ another solo traveler for a cocktail or a meal.

I highly recommend solo trips for those who want to do them. WDW gives you a very safe, friendly environment to travel in, and the Photopass makes it so easy to have you pic taken in various places around the World.
Glad you had a good time! (...16 days to go, not that I'm counting)
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #461
aly0430
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
Glad you had a good time! (...16 days to go, not that I'm counting)
Thanks! I'm sure my coworkers are happy the trip is over because I started the daily countdown @ 90 days! Have a great time on your trip!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #462
Skip H
Earning My Ears

Orlando Solo March 17 -April 1

Hi All,

I will be in Orlando solo prompted by a work trip the last week of March.

I used to go to DL quite a bit when I was younger and I have been to WDW a handful of times. I have not been to either for about 8 years so I am looking forward to it !

I am a non-smoker, light drinker ( one or two are plenty for me)
laid back non drama type of guy. I am upbeat and positive and like to explore and have fun. Open to other down to earth types of any race, age, gender.

I am thinking of doing the Universal VIP tour on the 18th and then checking out WDW the 19th - 24th pretty much non stop. From the 25th on it would be evenings only until the 31st and I am free again.

I am open to meet up and do a few rides, have a drink, or share a meal.

I tend to like to eat at the bar when I am solo if you know of a list of
Disney bars to eat at let me know.

Best,

Skip
Skip H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #463
look1angel
Forever a Disney Fan

First Solo Trip

I'm headed to WDW 6-10 through 6-14. I have friends staying at the campground that I'll meet up with at some point for 1 or 2 days but will pretty much be on my own.

When I was in WDW back in Oct with family & friends (we stayed in the AKL GV) I managed to do DHS a few hours by myself & only draw back for me was not sharing the laughter & excitment after coming off a ride. Other than that going solo doesn't seem so bad.

Hope to meet some of you there
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #464
DisneyWorldTraveller
Dreaming of a Disneyland Down Under

I'll be flying Solo in Disney World from 20th September till 4th October. If anyone fancys a meet that would be awesome.

I've signed up for TOT 10 Mile run on 28/29th Sep. Is anyone else doing this? I'm hoping to do it in 1.5 hours but so far my trainings not going as frequently as planned. I ran 5ks in 24 mins on Monday but was supposed to be doing 7ks and i ran out of steam walked 1 kilometer before running the last. 10 Miles is 16ks so i'd better get my runners on!!!

If anyone fancys meeting for a meal or some rides that would be great.

I like a glass or 2 of wine but i'm not a big drinker. I'm 32 year old English girl whos lived in OZ for 10 years. I'm VERY extrovert, loves having FUN and talking. I'm using this trip as an Escapism after being seperated for 18 months I filed for Divorce this week. My soon to be ex husband and his partner are having the kids while I come out. My babies arent missing out on too much though as I took them to Hong Kong and Paris Disneylands for 4 nights onsite at each in December. (I would bring them for sure If i had someone else to watch them while I did the TOT run and money grew on trees)
DisneyWorldTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #465
DawnOfANewEra1982
Earning My Ears

New to Forum!

Hello All, I don't know why I never checked out these forums for other Solo or Disney "Go-ers." I tried responding to KateFl post, but I have to have 10 posts.... So I'll post here instead (perhaps you all can message me.) I have an annual pass and do head over to Disney a couple of times a month. I'm 45 mins east and it's an easy drive over. Looking to meet people that would like to meet up and ride the rides, watch the shows, walk the walk. The flower and garden exhibit just opened at Epcot, and am planning to head over tomorrow.
DawnOfANewEra1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: