Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #181
magnyseb
Earning My Ears

Nobody wants to meet me???? I don't bite!
Allez, soyez sympas!
magnyseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #182
KyDerbyMan
Anyone know where I can get some good scrod?

I think the stickied threads don't get the attention they need sometimes. But, hope you're havnfn down there! I'll be there next weekend! woo hoo!
KyDerbyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #183
MsKdubsy
Earning My Ears

Smile 1st time in Dec 2008 Yeah DISNEY...my bday

Hey Im Lisa and Im 30 yrs old. I will be going to disney world for the very 1st time and I cant wait. I am so overwhelmed and my mind is full of ideas and nervousness because Im going alone. I will be there Dec 2nd-6th. Well fyi if yer wearing a lime green mickey or ribbon I will say hi .
MsKdubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #184
Davey Jones II
DIS Veteran

Solo traveller from Canada

Hi folks,
I'll be at WDW solo in November, probably around Nov. 12-20 (sorry for the imprecision, my plans are not finalized yet). I'd love to meet some of you there
Davey Jones II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #185
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa! I am going to be going solo to WDW December 3-7. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for you. You picked agood time to go solo, all the xmas decorations are out, lines are low, and the weather isn't hot and sticky. You are going to have such a blast!!

I did my first trip to the "World" solo too, back in 1985. I was really shy but still had a great time. I brought a book to read in lines (this was pre-FastPass and single rider lines) because I went in mid-summer, but most of the time I talked with families in line with me.

Now I am also an avid pin trader so I am talking with the CMs all the time.

I'll be sure to wear a lime green ribbon or Mickey head!
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #186
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

I am often solo (being local) at WDW.

I will be solo on the cruise shown in my signature, although a friend has booked a cabin for this one also.

Last edited by taswira; 06-15-2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: update
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #187
ANTSS2001
Talented Poet
I have been addicted since I tasted them at the parks 3 years ago!
One less thing for me to think about
Hello peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousegirl View Post
Hi Lisa! I am going to be going solo to WDW December 3-7. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for you. You picked agood time to go solo, all the xmas decorations are out, lines are low, and the weather isn't hot and sticky. You are going to have such a blast!!

I did my first trip to the "World" solo too, back in 1985. I was really shy but still had a great time. I brought a book to read in lines (this was pre-FastPass and single rider lines) because I went in mid-summer, but most of the time I talked with families in line with me.

Now I am also an avid pin trader so I am talking with the CMs all the time.

I'll be sure to wear a lime green ribbon or Mickey head!

we are having a meet at Japan,WS on Dec. 6

ANTSS2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:30 AM   #188
hourfromdisney
Earning My Ears

solo this week

I plan on going thurs 11-5-08 solo to any of the parks, not sure which one yet, would be willing to hang out if anyone is there. Let me know?
hourfromdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #189
taswira

I will be there solo tomorrow, Nov. 4, at MK and Epcot. If anyone wants to hang out, PM me. Or if you run into me in the parks, look for a Chip 'n' Dale lanyard and a Chip 'n' Dale name tag.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #190
darkcrystal
This land was green and good, until the crystal cracked...

Should I Solo? :D

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker who's dying to go back to the World... here's my situation.

I just landed a second job, working weekends, with the intent of socking this money aside for a future family trip to WDW. So were I to go on a solo trip, those I care about will be left high and dry or anything.

My birthday is March 28th, and my husband's vacation year at work runs from April to March I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take a birthday trip with just the two of us... but his employer is very inflexible and he's out of vacation time. Plus, I'd rather save his vacation time for a two-week vacation later with his girls. Even though he gets three weeks of vacation (not not NOT complaining about that!!) he has chronic debilitating migraine issues that are thankfully covered under FMLA. Therefore, this is where most all of his sick time and any extra vacation days go. So using up that third week of vacation really isn't the best idea for his situation.

The week of my birthday, my stepdaughters are with their mother. I could leave on Monday and return the following Monday morning, and they would be none the wiser. So there would be no hurt feelings on their end. Not buying things for them would be HARD, but if we're going down either this coming August or next August, it's not like they won't be able to pick up things on their own (our plan generally is to give them $10 a day in spending money)

I do worry about my husband feeling left out however. We are very close and pretty much spend most non-working hours together. I know this sounds lame, but it makes both of us happy, so what's the problem? Hmmm? I feel no need to "get away" from him, nor do I understand the desire to take a separate vacation from him. It's FINE AND DANDY for others, but for me it just feels wrong.

I, like everyone else, recently found out about the Buy Four Get Three Free deal thing. Per the Disney website, I can book a room at Pop Century, with the dining plan AND PLANE TICKETS from my local airport for about $1500. Between the $200 gift card with the package and the $75 one I'd get for my birthday, I'd be set for souvenirs. I would love to stay somewhere nicer, but I know myself and I'll be spending most of my awake hours away from the room. All I need is a shower and a bed, right?

I just can't get over the idea of leaving my husband at home. If he didn't like WDW it would be one thing, but he does... but the siren song of Solo-ing is calling!

I'd really have to scrape some money together to be able to afford this on top of a summer trip... I really want to save all my second job money for a family trip. But I think it could be done (and no, I'm not charging anything, nor am I going to apply for a Disney Visa, but thanks for the ideas)

So, oh brave solo travelers, what would you do if you were me?
darkcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #191
taswira

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcrystal View Post
So, oh brave solo travelers, what would you do if you were me?
None of us are you. Only YOU can make the decision that is right for you. If you and your husband are THAT close, the only logical thing to do would be to talk it over seriously with him and try to determine how he REALLY feels about it. If he can truly understand that there can be such a thing as too much togetherness and sometimes it does a soul good to get away for awhile (and they often return happier and "better" for it), and if he has no objections, then I would say go for it. If you instead detect resentment or real feelings of abandonment, it may be wise to forget about a solo trip.

Still, "The things we most regret in life are the things we did not do."

Think about it. Best of luck.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #192
darkcrystal
This land was green and good, until the crystal cracked...

Well yeah, of course none of you are me I just have weird attachment issues.

And I would talk to him about it, of course. He would say it's okay, but he's all noble and stuff. He would say Go even if he wanted to say Stay!
darkcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #193
nvcruiser
They say that there's one person meant to be with you... I think mine either got hit by a truck or fell down a well and forgot who they were looking for!

Goin solo...

for my birthday I'm cruising on the Magic. Sept. 19-26th. Anyone else out there gonna be playing at that time? I'm so excited at the solo prospect! 2nd cruise, 1st solo! It can't come fast enough!!!
Western Caribbean (with my mommy)- March 12
nvcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #194
Donald's Fan in PHX!
I love the classics...and Disneyland is at the top of my list

Hello everyone...I'm actually taking my first Single Dis trip in Jan from the 11th - 18th. I hope itís as fun as everyone tells me it can be. I don't know how it couldnít be though...worst case I at least would get right through the lines as a single rider.

Steve K
Joined DVC AKV 02 08
Donald's Fan in PHX! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #195
Donald's Fan in PHX!
I love the classics...and Disneyland is at the top of my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvcruiser View Post
for my birthday I'm cruising on the Magic. Sept. 19-26th. Anyone else out there gonna be playing at that time? I'm so excited at the solo prospect! 2nd cruise, 1st solo! It can't come fast enough!!!
Awesome have fun! I've always wanted to try the Disney Ships. I've been on Carnival 4 times and loved it. I'm planning to book one of the DCL ships maybe in the spring or early next fall.

Steve K
Joined DVC AKV 02 08
Donald's Fan in PHX! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: