DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How often do you pool hop?
Almost every trip 62 9.98%
Sometimes 87 14.01%
Seldom 93 14.98%
Never 379 61.03%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2003, 05:54 AM   #46
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

We almost always pool hop. Pools at OKW good for getting wet, but not much else.
Should add that those "quiet pools" (w/o lifeguards) are often not quiet at all. In fact, some of the worst pool behavior I've seen at WDW has been at those pools. Running, diving, food-throwing, softballs and footballs being tossed around, loud Rap music from personal music systems--all the things that probably would not be allowed if there were some control.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:55 AM   #47
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

The fact that so many of us said "never" makes me think I was right when I think the loss of pool hopping is not so important.
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2003, 06:09 AM   #48
CaptainMidnight
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by dianeschlicht
The fact that so many of us said "never" makes me think I was right when I think the loss of pool hopping is not so important.
I hope we don't loose pool hopping. Whiel we don't pool hop now, our children are little, when they get older, a break from teh parks to take a dip in a local resort pool sound like a great idea.
CaptainMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 07:59 AM   #49
sumessefui
DIS Veteran

I do not use the pools so poolhopping don't matter to me, but I would like it to stay for those who use it.
As far as the OKW pool goes, I think there should be a lifeguard at least at the main pool for safety reasons. It can't cost that much. And as for the slide, I don't believe that the members really have an input on that. If DVD wanted a slide there, they would put one in. From what I have seen from their "surveys", these are nothing more than gimmicks to supossedly show support for what they want to do anyway.
sumessefui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 10:15 AM   #50
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

we pool hop

my kids love water slides and OKW doesn't have as they call it a "fun" pool. So we hop. We get to kow other resorts, and usually have lunch at the various resports while we enpoy the pool. It our afternoon break and fun to swim near the park thatwe are st at the time.

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 10:33 AM   #51
Snowgod
Blu-ray Movies - Wow!

We have only done it once. We are however thinking of trying the pool at CSR on our next trip. Would hate to lose the option.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:51 AM   #52
OneMoreTry

DIS Veteran

Quote:

One of my big surprises on this board is this self-centered attitude among DVC members. Throw a fit if I don't get my way but the heck with the members that use a perk I don't.

It's disheartening.
OneMoreTry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:00 PM   #53
ducklite
Take the Poly, it's fabulous!
Another Mama Melroses fan here!
I am SO in! And I don't care if my friends all think I'm a dork because of it

Even though it's not that important to me, I don't think they should take away pool hopping benefits for DVC members. It was a big selling point they used for a lot of people, and frankly how many members are at any given pool outside DVC resorts at any given time anyhow? Probably not enough to make that much difference.

Because privledges are suspended during busy times, and you are supposed to call ahead to make sure the pools aren't crowded first, it's not a big deal. If it were a situation that we could hop any time to any pool, and be taking up chairs so guests of that resort couldn't enjoy themselves, I'd think differently. but the way it works currently, I think it's a perk they ought to keep.

Anne
ducklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 02:47 PM   #54
FredS
DIS Veteran

I voted "never"

Personally I would be fine if pool hopping was discontinued. I don't think that we would ever use it, since we get plenty of pool time at home and for us our time at WDW is better spent doing things we can't do elsewhere. Also, it might help with the problem of pools being overcrowded -- we don't even swim that often at the resort at which we are staying, but have on several occasions had a difficult time in finding a chair or an empty spot in the pool. I feel certain that there were significant numbers of people in the pool who were not staying at the resort. Not just DVC members, but folks from other resorts who just have learned that they can crash other pools. Sorry, but if you want to swim at one of the deluxe resorts then I think you should have to pay for it, and not be able to pay for a moderate and overcrowd the deluxe pool. Just frustrating when you have paid for where you are staying but can't use an amenity because of other people who haven't paid.
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 03:46 PM   #55
DVCPAT
DIS Veteran

My kids have been going to Disney every year since birth. I like to try things that Disney allows just to keep the vacations fresh. They love to swim (ages 8 & 11) and its fun visiting other resorts.

If my kids didn't enjoy it, I probably wouldn't pool hop. Once my kids lose interest, I hope pool hopping continues so other DVC familys can enjoy the great themed pools. I would never want to see DVC perks/activities eliminated just because my family doesn't directly benefit from them.
DVCPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #56
CaptainMidnight
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by OneMoreTry
One of my big surprises on this board is this self-centered attitude among DVC members. Throw a fit if I don't get my way but the heck with the members that use a perk I don't.

It's disheartening.
Ouch... and from someone with only 16 posts, that one's a zinger "OneMoreTry" (if that's your real name) ....
Old 06-13-2003, 05:56 PM   #57
WDWDad
Mickeys best friend

Yea, but it was at timely zinger since it was a very self centered statement. I have 116 posts. What does that have to do with anything?
WDWDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 06:15 PM   #58
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

We would still be happy with DVC if it was discontinued but not AS happy. Anyway with the percentages, almost 1/2 hop some. Is that like 30,000 members plus kids?
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 08:33 PM   #59
CaptainMidnight
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by WDWDad
Yea, but it was at timely zinger since it was a very self centered statement. I have 116 posts. What does that have to do with anything?
You don't know?
Old 06-14-2003, 02:33 AM   #60
PKS44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not just disheartening as pointed out, but not terribly logical...if so many never do it, why even bother to change it, any way?
PKS44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: