DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How often do you pool hop?
Almost every trip 62 9.98%
Sometimes 87 14.01%
Seldom 93 14.98%
Never 379 61.03%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2003, 12:47 PM   #31
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

I have not done this yet, but I think after staying at CSR My kids might enjoy the pool there for a few hours on an AK day. I like having the option, I just don't think it is practical to use on days we swim only for an hour. If I were able to work in pool only days this option would be one I would enjoy.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:02 PM   #32
KNWVIKING
Registered

"I have not done this yet, but I think after staying at CSR My kids might enjoy the pool there for a few hours on an AK day. "

That's a very good statagy, glad you posted it. We generally hit AK early and leave noon'ish. I've walked around CSR pool,think it's a very cool area, now you've given me a very convienant reason to try PH there. Thanks.
KNWVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #33
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Every trip-mostly because we go a lot in August. Epcot in the AM, walk to BWV pool around 2PM, swim a while then go to MGM. We just wear swim suits and sandals anyway every day. Also we usually leave MK in the afternoon and monorail to Poly's volcano pool or GF pools. Its a great break from the heat. Would really miss this if discontinued. Kind of glad to see a lot of members dont do this so it is less likely to get out of hand and need to be changed.
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 01:52 PM   #34
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

If I were inclined to pool hop, I would still not do it and instead go to one of the water parks. It is too much of a hassle going to another resort to use their pool.
sgtpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 03:01 PM   #35
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mia--The reason that OKW doesn't have a slide is that the state of Florida requires life guards be present at any pool that has a slide. If they had to staff with life guards, the dues would ahve to go up, and the members voted this idea down several times in teh earlier years of the resort being open.
Thanks for the explanation ducklite. That's a shame. I'd be willing to pay a little more in dues for a life guard and slide---how much more could it be ? I'm aware what the BWV dues are and that would be ok with me. I honestly don't recall ever being given an opportunity to vote on this ? Then again, we've only been members for 3 years now. Do you have to physically attend the vote in FL, or can you vote by proxy ? I guess I'm in the minority on this slide/life guard issue, as far as OKW members go though ?

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 03:18 PM   #36
DVCPAT
DIS Veteran

Originally posted by sgtpet
"If I were inclined to pool hop, I would still not do it and instead go to one of the water parks. It is too much of a hassle going to another resort to use their pool."

We love the water parks but pool hopping is a great way to spend a few hours around lunch. As far as it being a hassle, I simply pick up the phone and call valet services. My car is waiting at the resort entrance. It's easier than waiting for a bus.
DVCPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #37
Jimbo
6 AM and already the boy ain't right.
Given my cousins up north, "My Name Is Earl" could be considered a reality show
I want a Tim Gunn of my very own!

Mia - There wasn't ever a vote on the pool slide and lifeguard question at OKW. Instead it was a survey given to a random sample of members. My recollection was that the dues would have gone up a few pennies as a result. And I seem to remember that 60% of those surveyed were against the change.

But at the risk of inciting the usual suspects again, I don't think you can say it was voted down because of the tiny increase in dues. I suspect that more people just like things at OKW the way they are, and don't want to see any changes.

But we'll never know for sure.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 04:11 PM   #38
Steve BWV'99
Mouseketeer

Never have....

Me and the wife never had a reason to pool hop since we like to hang out at the quiet pool most often. That will change since we got a little one now, but we still would never go to another resort to swim, too much hassle in my opinion.

-Steve
May 2002 - Honeymoon! Boardwalk Villas/7-day Disney Cruise
May 2004 - Kapalua Bay Hotel-Maui
Xmas 2004 and 2005 - Disneyland
Nov 2010 and July 2011 - Disneyland
Feb 2012 - DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise
Nov 2012 and July 2013 - Disneyland
June 2014 WDW/Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy
Steve BWV'99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #39
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

DVC is different - if they think something is not use (like express check in - oh I still miss it.....) they discard it

so if not enough members (in their opinion) use something they will do away with it.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #40
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

Cool voted never as of now

just can't see waisting time going to another pool when all of DVC's pools our well designed. If by chance the pool where we are staying gets crowded then we'll pool-hop
or pool-bounce

BY the way if your voting %'s are right then most of the pool hopping must be being done by non-members
Old 06-12-2003, 06:18 PM   #41
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mia - There wasn't ever a vote on the pool slide and lifeguard question at OKW. Instead it was a survey given to a random sample of members. My recollection was that the dues would have gone up a few pennies as a result. And I seem to remember that 60% of those surveyed were against the change.
Thanks for clearing this up for me Jimbo. I hadn't realized this. It's a shame (imho) that it was given a "thumbs down" by the majority. I think it would really add to the resort, and it would be well-worth the extra few $'s.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:21 PM   #42
CaptainMidnight
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo

But at the risk of inciting the usual suspects again, I don't think you can say it was voted down because of the tiny increase in dues. I suspect that more people just like things at OKW the way they are, and don't want to see any changes.

But we'll never know for sure.
Some have described OKW as having more of a retirement home, assisted living kind fo feel to it, a slide might not fit in. The larger rooms provide additional space for walkers, wheelchairs, home care nurses, portable johns, and storage for Depends ......
CaptainMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:25 PM   #43
CaptainMidnight
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by jade1
Every trip-mostly because we go a lot in August. Epcot in the AM, walk to BWV pool around 2PM, swim a while then go to MGM. We just wear swim suits and sandals anyway every day. Also we usually leave MK in the afternoon and monorail to Poly's volcano pool or GF pools. Its a great break from the heat. Would really miss this if discontinued. Kind of glad to see a lot of members dont do this so it is less likely to get out of hand and need to be changed.
We haven't done this yet, but it sounds like a great plan and the best way we might be using pool hopping in the future when the kids get a little older. The scenarios you've listed are the major reason I don't want to see pool hopping disscontinued.
CaptainMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:28 PM   #44
tn4mickey
Mouseketeer

We've only pool hopped once. A couple of years ago when the BWV pool was closed for rehab we hopped to SAB (when it was legal!).
Old 06-12-2003, 11:57 PM   #45
CK1
DIS VET / DVC member

Hoppin' Around

We're hoppers. We usually plan a day and place to hop -- something "new" -- each trip. Last time, we stayed at VWL but took a day and "hopped" to BWV. We arrived around 10 am, swam until noon, had lunch on the boardwalk, walked over to BCV to check out the villas there, then walked back, swam again, dried off, had ice cream and headed back to VWL. Very nice trip. We have already planned next time to "hop" to GF (kids are doing pirate cruise, so we're already there!) Plan to do lunch, swim, etc before heading back to BWV. THe kids are already asking if they can "hop" back to VWL! Ah, the endless choices. We would also like to hop to Poly sometime too...

I suppose if you have AP's it might make more sense to just hit the water park. But as "park hoppers", we're also pool hoppers. It's like an extra venue without need for a ticket! And it lets us see the other resorts, restaurants we might like to try, etc.

Cindy
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 7, 2004 1:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=teal>Anxiously counting the minutes until we`re back at BCV and BWV! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Ask me about my trip! :\)';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: