Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2003, 09:07 PM   #46
Luv2Dream

cries@Kodak commercials
Wants to be in living color

I never had the opportunity to DIS with this truly remarkable lady but the flood of tears streaming down my face right now feels like I've just lost my best friend. Thank you for sharing her with me.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:05 PM   #47
Tulirose
"MIS-ter Garibaldi!"
Imagine ornery picture of Daffy Duck here
I have no clue but I'm okay with that
Peonies are Tulirose's most favorite flower!

Not much I can say, except I remember Sylvia too....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #48
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

I find myself just crying. I don't really know what to say.... just tears streaming down my face.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
Old 06-08-2003, 11:03 PM   #49
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Dan, you are such a good friend and so kind to keep this wonderful lady's memory so alive. As if we could ever really forget but now others know her too and that's a nice thing. Thanks so much.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:40 PM   #50
#1 Disney Fan
DIS Veteran

Thank you Dan for sharing this with us.

Sylvia is definitely remembered and thought of, as is her family, especially Nick.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:13 AM   #51
sammi
I'm a born traveller!
I love watching the palm trees and all the little ponds get closer

That is so nice Dan and thanks for going to all that work to post this. What a lovely rememberance of Sylvia.:D Nick looks like such a strong and handsome boy now. They grow up so fast don't they?

A very close friend of mine is going through her second bout with breast cancer (it's gone into her bones now)and it's so hard to see her suffer but she is one determined lady and I hope she'll keep up her inner strength the way Sylvia did.

Thanks again Dan.

Last edited by sammi; 06-09-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:26 PM   #52
December99
WDW Antenna Topper Queen
I'm feeling like being bad today
Made someone happy

Thanks Dan!!!! As I was beginning my day on Sat morning - around 4am - for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer I said a small prayer and told Sylvia we needed a nice day (I told my mom that too) and they both produced an AWESOME day!!! The sun came out of the clouds just as they were getting ready to start Opening Ceremony at 6:30! It truly was great!!!!
so I never have to live
without you.</font>
<font color=red>-- Winnie the Pooh</font>

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 3, 2004 12:00:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkgreen>5th Anniversary Eastern Magic Cruise </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'CRUISIN\\\' IN THE SUN!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

4/28/03 - Hopefully the last time!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #53
cotye
Resident Mariah Expert
TF Duct Tape Patrol Apprentice
WOOHOOO!!! You make me feel like dancin'

Thanks so much for that poignant tribute. Still remember Sylvia to this day.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:20 PM   #54
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I tried to call Sylvia's mom, Margarete, on Saturday. I did get their answering machine. I recalled her earlier today (late afternoon) and was able to talk with both Margarete and her husband, Sylvia's stepdad, Larry. It was great to hear them both again. Margarete had been making a visit to the cemetary with grandson, Nick, when I called on Saturday.

She said Nick is doing well, doing great in school, living with his dad, Brad.

Some sad news to report however. Larry, Sylvia's stepdad, will be operated on this Friday for colorectal cancer. His doctors think it is in the early stages, hopefully not requiring chemo nor radiation followup, but a colostomy looks like it will be the result of this Friday's coming surgery. Larry seems to be accepting, knowing it could certainly be worse.

I told both him and Margarete, that he, along with her, would be in our collective DIS prayers and best wishes. Please keep them in your good thoughts and prayers.

And Cotye, so nice to see you here on this memorial thread for Sylvia. As far as I know, you were the only DIS'er who met Sylvia in person, in the hospital, not long before she passed. Thanks for stopping by to visit this great lady, both then, and now.

Dan

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-12-2003, 07:18 PM   #55
philaround

Likes to stand in front of the RR station and remember...

Thank you Dan for keeping Sylvia's memory alive. I, like many other diser's, never had the opportunity to meet this wonderful person who touched so many of your lives. You have given us new guys the chance we never had in life to know Sylvia.

My prayers are with Larry for a successful sugury and a rapid recovery.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: