Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #376
Altymark
Earning My Ears

Please count us in!
Karen and Mark, bought in to DVC at Bay Lake Towers, August 2010!
Looking forward to our first full DVC vacation in 2012!!
Altymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #377
Daftondisney
Earning My Ears

We bought BLT 240 points in July 2010

We reckoned we should get the points up front to give us plenty of options and flexibility with accommodations and times. We can't wait till July 2011 when we do a week at akv savannah view and a week at BLT. It's been worth it already just for the daily daydream factor!

Please add us to the list .... Colin Judith Andrew and Claire.
Daftondisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #378
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

I'm a little late to the party, as it's a few months since I bought - I own at BLT. I still can't quite believe I've done it as altough I've been planning to buy in since I was at university, I wasn't actually planning on doing it this last trip! I feel so lucky though as from the moment it was announced it was my dream resort and I'm so excited to be going "home" for the first time this March
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #379
Altymark
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
I'm a little late to the party, as it's a few months since I bought - I own at BLT. I still can't quite believe I've done it as altough I've been planning to buy in since I was at university, I wasn't actually planning on doing it this last trip! I feel so lucky though as from the moment it was announced it was my dream resort and I'm so excited to be going "home" for the first time this March
Sounds like us! We weren't planning on buying last time round - but how can you resist owning a bit of 'The Mouse"?
It's certainly helped the 'end of holiday blues' knowing that we would be coming back for the next xx years!
Altymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #380
j_darl
Dreaming of my happy place...

Hi AltyMark,

Bet you can't guess who this is neighbour!

[/url]
Jan '03 - DLRP Santa Fe,Nov '04 - Caribbean Beach, Nov 2005 - All Star Movies, April '08 - Honeymoon at Pop Century Jan '09 - DLRP - SF May '09 Disneyland CA, Sept '09 - POFQ, May '10 - DLRP, Sept -'10 - SSR
DVC member Sept 10- BLT
j_darl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #381
Hilary
There's always something new to learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altymark View Post
Please count us in!
Karen and Mark, bought in to DVC at Bay Lake Towers, August 2010!
Looking forward to our first full DVC vacation in 2012!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftondisney View Post
We reckoned we should get the points up front to give us plenty of options and flexibility with accommodations and times. We can't wait till July 2011 when we do a week at akv savannah view and a week at BLT. It's been worth it already just for the daily daydream factor!

Please add us to the list .... Colin Judith Andrew and Claire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2312 View Post
So sorry to have taken forever to update the list but I think I've got you all on there now
Old 01-15-2011, 01:50 AM   #382
Daftondisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks Hilary...

...I can't quite what we have signed up for either, Tink! I had never even heard of DVC until my curiosity got the better me while waiting on the female side of the family visiting the loo (again...) and had a browse through the DVC booth in tomorrow land mk.

I'm the worlds biggest cynic, hate sales people and had previously dismissed timeshare for all the right reasons. My first question to the poor guy at the booth was...so how much does this all cost then? My reaction to the 'about a minimum of twelve thousand pounds' answer was 'yeah...right'! But the guy was so measured, polite, comprehensive and enthusiastic in qualifying why, I wanted to know more. I liked the way he provided us with incentives and opportunities to visit the DVC centre at ssr. The kids loved the idea of the super fast passes!

Interestingly, later that day was the first time we were aware that BLT even existed, as we passed by on the monorail. It wasn't there on our last visit five years ago!

I must say I was extremely pleased by the way we were treated at the DVC visitor centre...like VIPs ....they know what they are doing, don't they??

We got the clearest, most detailed, unpressured and balanced explanation of how it all worked from a very nice chap called David Millar at DVC. He was happy to allow us to go and consider it, even as I was reluctant at first, and he probably had me down as a no. But after three days thinking, I took the bull by the horns, went back in and signed up for BLT, and for a good bit more than the minimum. Why? Because for that little bit more you can get two weeks from the UK at virtually any resort without having to juggle points (unless you're going for an absolute blow out one year!).

We haven't been yet...it's July 2011 for our first visit to BLT and AKV Kidani. The anticipation value we have experienced since September is worth the money alone!!
Daftondisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:06 AM   #383
sullyandsid
Mouseketeer

UK DVC'rs

Please add us to the list

Sullyandsid (Caz and Jules) Joined AKV 2008

sullyandsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #384
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyandsid View Post
Please add us to the list

Sullyandsid (Caz and Jules) Joined AKV 2008
Hi, just went to add you on, and you're already there!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #385
loadsapixiedust
DIS Veteran

Hi neighbours!

please add us to the list - owners at BLT since July 2010, can't wait for our first trip home in June

2 weeks October 1998 Quail Ridge Villa 3 weeks March/April 2002 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
3 weeks July 2005 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, Port Orleans French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge
10 days August 2006 Royal Plaza in the WDW Resort 2 weeks October 2006 All Star Movies
2 weeks June 2007 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa 2 weeks Easter 2008 Cypress Pointe
2 weeks Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks July 2009 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas
2 weeks Oct 2009 Coronado Springs 3 weeks July 2010 Port Orleans Riverside and Pop century
2 weeks June 2011 Bay Lake Tower & Kidani Village

June 2012 ~ Beach Club Villas * Vero Beach * Bay Lake Tower
unlucky 13th trip cancelled to make way for chemo - I'm pretty sure that will not be as much fun
loadsapixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #386
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
Hi neighbours!

please add us to the list - owners at BLT since July 2010, can't wait for our first trip home in June
updated
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #387
Balmacara
Earning My Ears

Add us on too please, (Doug, Natalie, Catherine & Mairi) AKL Kidani since Dec 2007.
Balmacara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #388
Grumpy1234
Earning My Ears

Can you add us to. Norman and Margaret SSR may 2004.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #389
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

I'll leave Hilary to update the list, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forums, Balmacara and Grumpy1234. Do come and join us over on UK Trip Planning and UK Community.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #390
Hilary

List updated

I've been away for a few days, so apologies for taking a while to do it (this seems to be a bit of a recurring theme/excuse of mine! )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: