Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #1
Kirk
Is REALLY hoping that THIS, too, shall pass......and soon!!!!!!!
Foolish Mortal
Ya Ya Sister groupie.....er,lover!!!

Disney Paris Help Please!

We leave for France tomorrow. Today my DD says Disney is a MUST Friday and shopping all day Saturday! Can anyone give me some quick advise on what to see and where to eat at Disney Land Paris? I notice there are two parks - looks like MK and MGM to me - do you do both in a day or is that a bit much? Any help would be appreciated!

'76, '77, '78, '79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '86, '88, '90 and '00 Disney Land Off-site
'96 Offsite, '97 All Stars Sports, '98 Contemporary, '98 Port Orleans, '99 Port Orleans, '00 Caribean Beach, '01 OKW, '02 Villas @ WL & BC, '03 Villas @ BC, OKW & WL, '04 Dolphin & BWV, '05 WL & BWV, '06 SS, '07 BWV, 2008 SS, 2009 WL & OKW, 2010 BWV, 2011 OKW for Christmas! 2013 4th of July at WLV then 1st time at AKV!

OK, how'd you like to be named after a cheesy me-too soft drink? (Dr.Wells)
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
Michelle
"It's like Lord of the Flies in there!"
TS2
1 Brain, Extra Large

Hi Kirk! We actually have a Disneyland Paris board now and I'm going to move this there and hopefully you'll get some help.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2003, 11:22 PM   #3
DonnaS
Ratsrule & CathyCanada-- 2 who are greatly missed

I haven't been to DLP in 5 years so I don't know if I'll be any help. They didn't even have MGM then. LOL

I saw the link on the CB and followed it here. I hope the UK folks look over here frequently, they might be able to give you up to date information.

From what I remember:

Walt's on Main Street was very much recommended but was never open when we were there.

We ate at the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland and enjoyed it.

However, we were just two adults and no children.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 11:59 PM   #4
Kirk
Is REALLY hoping that THIS, too, shall pass......and soon!!!!!!!
Foolish Mortal
Ya Ya Sister groupie.....er,lover!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
Hi Kirk! We actually have a Disneyland Paris board now and I'm going to move this there and hopefully you'll get some help.
Thanks for the thought but I'm sure it's too late to get any help from our European brothers and sisters That's why I put it on the CB.

'76, '77, '78, '79, '80, '81, '82, '83, '84, '85, '86, '88, '90 and '00 Disney Land Off-site
'96 Offsite, '97 All Stars Sports, '98 Contemporary, '98 Port Orleans, '99 Port Orleans, '00 Caribean Beach, '01 OKW, '02 Villas @ WL & BC, '03 Villas @ BC, OKW & WL, '04 Dolphin & BWV, '05 WL & BWV, '06 SS, '07 BWV, 2008 SS, 2009 WL & OKW, 2010 BWV, 2011 OKW for Christmas! 2013 4th of July at WLV then 1st time at AKV!

OK, how'd you like to be named after a cheesy me-too soft drink? (Dr.Wells)
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:27 AM   #5
rob@rar.org.uk
Skiing is best, Mickey comes next

If you only have one day I recommend you spend it in the Disneyland park. The new Walt Disney Studios has only been open a year, and is still very small with few attractions and not much themeing. You certainly can't compare it to MGM.

Although the Walt Disney Studios is not yet a great park, the Disneyland park at Paris is without doubt the best Magic Kingdom that Disney has yet built! The themeing is rich and wonderfully conceived, many of the classic attractions (Pirates, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion) have been reworked and improved on, and Space Mountain has to be ridden just so you can see how tame it's American cousins are!

Tips? Make sure you get to the park just before opening time as the queues for the main attractions built up quickly. Several of the attractions have FastPass (Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan) so make good use of those. Of the major attractions Pirates and Indy tend to have shorter queues, so you could leave those until the middle of the day when other queues are 60 minutes+. If you have time try to see the Tarzan show - it's a lot of fun. Finally, check out a few of the trip reports on the DLP board. You should get lots of inspiration and tips reading a few of those.

Regards

Rob
rob@rar.org.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #6
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

You may have already left. If so, sorry. If not, there are brochures on DLP at all the major tourist sites. Also, if you are in Paris you just take the train out to DLP.

As for what to see, the theming on the MK at DLP is AMAZING. Don't miss the passages behind the shops on main street, great for moving around if it is raining. Also, if you like coasters both Indiana Jones and Space Mt. are a must. Both are better than the states version at least in my opinion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: