Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
alexandra uk
DIS Veteran

Question Do the better rooms go on a first come first served basis

I've heard of people getting a free upgrade in low season, and as we'll be visiting at a quiet time I'm hoping we'll be lucky.

So my question is - would we be better to get to check in a little before 3pm to get in first, or would we be better off leaving it until much later ?
Old 05-28-2003, 03:38 PM   #2
WDWfan,uk
.... but you can call me Shirley :)
move over Alex and hand me the controls

Well, our experience may be different to others, but on our first visit which was very late August - September, we went straight to the park off the Eurostar and strolled over to the Sequoia arriving at about 5.00pm to avoid the 3.00pm check-in line.

Not only did we avoid the line and were seen almost straightaway, we got a room in the main building, overlooking the lake and could see the top of the Castle plus we saw some of the fireworks!!!! (We had not paid for a water view and although we did not realise it at the time, was a larger room than average!)

However I've gone in a lighter season and not got an upgrade in spite of fluttering my eyelashes

As with WDW, I think it is a question of pot luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2003, 04:59 PM   #3
alexandra uk
DIS Veteran

Thanks Shirley :D

If its pot luck then I'll leave it to the hands of fate. Theres no point in rushing back for check in, then queing for ages when theres just as much of a chance of getting one later.
We should arrive at about 2pm, so we'll head straight for the parks and head back to check in at around 7pm.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:47 AM   #4
richard3330
Cirque Fan

Hi,

It is always worth asking politely when you check-in if there is the possibilty of an upgrade. They may be able to upgrade you to a better room for free, however in my experience they have usually offered a supplement upon arrival to upgrade. I don't think it really matters what time you check-in and we usually do the same as Shirley and head in to the park first and return early-eveining to check-in and avoid some of the queues.

Richard.
DLCalifornia - Grand Californian - 2001
USF/WDW - Portofino Bay, AK Lodge, Virgin Holiday Villa in Newport Richey - 2001
USF/WDW - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Portofino Bay - Xmas/New Year 2002/2003
Grand Floridian/Beach Club/ Portofino Bay & 3 night Disney Cruise - April 2004

Disneyland Paris -
Hotel New York (92) Sequioa Lodge (93) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (96) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (97)
Disneyland Hotel (2000) (March 2002) (Walt's Apartment, Disney Studios Grand Opening!) (July 2002) (2003)
richard3330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: