Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 02:15 PM   #91
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

views . . .

hi all,

i was just on the wdw website and looked at the views for the wl. they had a standard view, a lodge view (woods), and a courtyard view. that's how they wrote it in the descriptions "lodge view (woods). maybe they are just clarifying it a little since there is confusion sometimes. i wonder if this lodge view means looking at over to the villas?? lodge?? just a thought.

anyway, we had a fifth floor courtyard view overlooking trout pass snack bar and you could hear everyone down at the pool when you had the slider opened, but when we shut it we didn't hear a peep. hear more from the hall ways. we thought we had a great view. loved the location. though very far from the elevators. good exercise.

saw the wl on the travel channel, makes me want to go back, soon. i love that place.:D

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 05-31-2003, 04:45 PM   #92
swampkatz
Would rather be a "Welcomed Guest" than an "Unwelcomed" one!
As a youngster, aspired to be Hayley Mills or Tommy Kirk's SO, but since I can't do that, I will just be a Pollyanna
WL Vet

I Did It!

Since this is the Wilderness Lodge thread I knew that you would understand. I just made my ressies for 2 WL concierge rooms, Jan 1-8 2004. I am so excited! Our family has never stayed on site and we have all ooohed and ahhhed over the WL, so, I did it! It will be a celebratory trip for oldest DD's graduation from nursing school, youngest DD's graduation from graduate school and DGD's "first ever" trip to WDW. This is supposed to be a surprise but I'm not sure I can keep my big mouth shut for over 200 days. The DH knows about the trip but he doesn't know it's gonna be the WL. The DD's and DSIL know it's WDW but not on site and DGD doesn't know any of this. I know I'm babbling here but I gotta tell someone and I knew you would all be able to relate.

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 3, 2005 7:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia> 7 Days on the Disney Magic </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Cruisin with Mickey!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2003, 06:25 PM   #93
AspiringCindy
Craved Spam.....the unidentified meat, but ONLY during pregnancy. And PLEASE don't mention the "E" word!!!!
WL VET

Congrats Swampkatz! Now all you have to do is sit back and let that countdown go. I know your family will love WL! It's been our favorite since 1997.
July1999-WL
May2000-DisneyMagic
May2000-ASMu
July/Aug2002-WL
Aug2004-Poly GVC
Aug2004-HRH
Nov2005-DisneyWonder
Nov2005-POR
July2006-GC-1st DLvisit
Aug.2008-ASMu Fam. Suite
July2012-Disneyland
July2013-Disneyland Paris

Old 06-01-2003, 02:03 PM   #94
PoePoeHouse
Earning My Ears

Re: WL View

Quote:
Originally posted by gogoofygo
We stayed in room 7046--great view of the castle and Fireworks!!
Total cost per night was $199--upgrade at check in. What is the usual rack rate for this type of concierge service?? I felt that I got a great deal--what do you think??

Did you have a queen and a set of bunks in room 7046? We are staying on level 7 concierge and would like the view of the castle and fireworks if possible!! Or do you know which rooms have them on the concierge floor? When we booked, they would not give any info out, just that it was non-smoking!
Old 06-01-2003, 04:59 PM   #95
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Wishing all you first timers the wonder and excitement we still feel every time we walk through those big doors. (we were to have been there this week but had to cancel as I am having surgery on Tuesday. ) I cannot wait to rebook that trip to the Lodge. It is to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. God, I love that place....
Old 06-01-2003, 06:55 PM   #96
travelgoddess
DIS Veteran

I also just made our 1st time res. for 10/3-10/10

Although we have visited the WL before, we have never stayed
there. I just booked a courtyard room. Any advise for 2 adults, no kids.
Boardwalk Inn 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
Wilderness Lodge 2006
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2011

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW!!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:04 PM   #97
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

While some do not like the closed balconies with children as they cannot see over them, we find the 6th floor to be great. The enclosed balcony gives you added privacy and the view cannot be beat.:D
Old 06-02-2003, 09:51 AM   #98
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Unhappy Lou-Ann....

...what a shame that you had to cancel WL! Hope that all goes well with your surgery.....and maybe you can "recover" sometime in the very near future at WL!!:D
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 06-02-2003, 10:02 AM   #99
shopgirl72
Pixie Dust to those either at WDW, or on their way!
Beware tall M&M containers full of quarters!!
WL Vet

WL

Travelgoddess!
Hi! You both will love staying at the WL! We stayed there 12/02, and are going to stay there again 12/03. Take time to sit in the lobby and enjoy the fireplace, the smells, and either people watch or just enjoy each other! There are lots of little nooks, and crannies sit up to sit and be alone also! We had an inner-courtyard room so we enjoyed looking at the pool, and lake from our balcony! We also could see the ELWP at nite! Take the path over to FW, and have breakfast at Trails End! (yummy!) Then catch the boat to Magic Kingdom! Enjoy it is lovely!

Old 06-02-2003, 10:03 AM   #100
2bemarried
Hello...I'm a person...not a bunny...
Child at heart
YAYA Sister
WL VET

Hey Kimmar!!!!
We did it!! We're hitched and heading to Disney....but first I have a question for you. What are the beds like in the WL? We have a king size that is nice and firm...and we love that. Are the ones there really soft, a little soft, little firm or really firm? Also....are the pillows good??

THANKS!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:08 AM   #101
stanley
Veteran WDW Philosopher

We had an upgrade lasr time to a "Woods View" but with a lobby entrance door. It was occasionally noisy from Whispering Canyon but after a while all the "noise" of the lobby became background and we didn't really notice it.

On another note, why does it seem everybody except my local Comcast get The Travel Channel? I feel deprived. I keep rquesting it but there is never any change. Boo- hoo!
'95 DxL; '96 WL(the best), PO; '97 'Tute (vacation hell), DxL; '98 PO; '99 WL, WL; '00 PO, PO (frozen Christmas); '01 PO Riverside; Lost all my posts; '02 WL; '03 WL, '04 WL; Where did my posts go this time?;
'05 WL (Steph's send-off to college - has it been that long?; '06 Off Property/Kissimmee/Vacation Hell 2 {never again} Required by/for Daria's National Softball Tournament; '07 POFQ;12/08 WL End of an Era; last trip all together; '10 WL Househunting-Yahoo! 10/11-WL & more househunting (getting closer to moving);4/12-WL(more househunting-almost there)
Old 06-02-2003, 10:23 AM   #102
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

2be married - CONGRATULATIONS !!!

we spent our honeymoon at wilderness lodge villas in 2002 and just LOVED it. and just came back from a week at the wilderness lodge vacation 2003.

you asked about the beds, my husband is 6'1" and he is very picky about beds. we have a firm pillow top queen size. anyway, whenever we book at any of the moderates i book a king size. we had a courtyard room at wilderness lodge and my husband actually commented how great he tought our bed was. we had a room with two queen size beds. we were very comfortable, thought there was enough room in the bed and his feet were not hanging over the end. i though personally that the bed was nice and firm and very comfortable.

so, good luck, and have a very magical time on your honeymoon. my thoughts are with you. enjoy every minute and especially enjoy each other and make tons of memories. :D :D

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 06-02-2003, 10:23 AM   #103
floridafam
DIS Veteran

Stanley,

I'm right there with you. DH works for Comcast and I keep asking him if he thinks we are going to get the Travel Channel soon.

They have it in Grand Rapids and other systems but not here.

He says each system is different.

I would also like the Food Channel.

On the bright side, we get about 1,000 government access channels so I can always watch the local school board meeting-I'd like to see the $30,000 solid cherry meeting table they purchased with our tax money.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:30 AM   #104
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Talking Hey, Kristy ~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woohoo, you finally did it! (check out my post on "Ya-ya..."). I found that the beds at WL (with the exception of the new beds at CBR) to be the MOST COMFORTABLE OF ALL WDW RESORTS [including my stay at S/D]. The beds here tend to be a little more firm (I don't know why ) Are you wearing those pins you made??? Hope your stay is MAGICAL and MEMORABLE..."talk" to ya soon!:D

travelgoddess~
I personally liked the upper floors better, as well as the "inside" court view...better access to the elevators, and we were "even" with the waterfalls, yet we could still see the pool area as well as the lake.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 06-02-2003, 11:51 AM   #105
BCVNovember
Mouseketeer

WL in October

Well, I did it. Changed our travel dates to the last week in October and moved from the Poly to the WL. I was all set to book courtyard view, but when I checked the website today it only had standard and lodge view, so I'm now looking forward to lodge view. I've changed these reservations about 5 times now, but I feel 99% confident that they won't be changing any more. The FTP was just too good of a deal to pass up and I'm really looking forward to seeing the WL first hand. I still may ask about concierge when we get there though....
June 2007 - AKL
November 2003 - Polynesian
October 2000 - ASMo
March 1990 - Swan
Summer 1972 - Contemporary

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: