Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

Slightly Off Topic: Sesame Place

How many days should we plan for Sesame Place? My in-laws live about 45 minutes away from Sesame Place and we are planning on taking our daughter for a visit this June. She successfully spent 9 days in Disney World last week, so we think she'll do just fine. I was wondering if we should plan on getting a hotel room for a night, or just spend one day. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated
LaurenLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Hi Lauren,

One day is enough for sure. There's lots of fun water stuff like slides, splash areas, lazy river. There's a cute roller coaster and small rides too. There are also playground type areas too. I grew up going to Sesame Place... and now my kids love it...it's so fun! I'm guessing you'll be in the Philly area. If you would like input on other fun places for little ones feel free to PM me!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

We have done it twice in June, I think it depends on the weather. First time it was 100 degrees- it was the day they filmed Jon and Kate Plus 8 in the park if you have ever seen the episode. One day we did shows and rides and a little bit of water, the next day no shows, but rides and water. The last June trip we took it was rainy and freezing- we only did 1 day and ended up going to the Please Touch Museum instead the 2nd day.

If you get a hotel, I recommend the Marriott residence inn. Free breakfast and shuttle to the gate to save on parking. There are set times for the shuttle to pick you up, but they give you the driver's number incase you need to come back sooner.

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

One day as Sesame Place is sufficient and about all I can take! Everytime we go, I'm usually always depressed we're not at Disney!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
AlixaLock
Mouseketeer

We were just there Saturday and I whole-heartedly agree that 1 Day is ENOUGH! LOL! It's so much fun, but I couldn't spend more then one day at a time there. The kiddies love it, but there is very little space to relax and sit ... it's pretty much go, go, go until you drop. Oh, and the food ranges from nothing special to pretty bad ... lol! No biggie for one day, but more then that would be hard. We had dinner at Pizzeria Uno right outside the park after we left and it was super-yummy!

Surprise! You are going to the Denstist trip to the Beach Club, February, 2014! Halloween Birthday Party, 2013 at the Contemporary! January, 2013 our last off season getaway at the Grand Floridian! June 9-18, 2012 Summer at the Bay Lake Tower! October 5-11, 2011 Food and Wine/MNSSHP at The Grand Flo; Jan/Feb 2011 Polynesian Dream Trip; June 2010 Grand Californian Dreaming (DL); March 2009 Boardwalk with Baby; May 2008 Baby meets Mickey at the Grand Californian (DL); January 2007 Grand Floridian, Dec 2005 Christmas at the Beach Club; 2003 Caribbean Beach ... 1974-1995 ..... Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland ...
AlixaLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
kimkoz
Mouseketeer

1 day is plenty. For us we do make it 2 days but thats because we have to drive 4 plus hours but if its only 45 mins away I'd just go for the day.
kimkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for all the replies. I thought we would need two days, but it looks like I was wrong..... My husband will be thrilled to hear this!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
sparks19
DIS Veteran

Agreed one day is enough but I think they only sell "two day passes" at least online they do. there aren't any single day ones (the idea is you get the second day for free lol)

so you only NEED one day but if you can you might as well use both days if you can't get a single day pass

We are going in June and we went last year and we like it there. It's the perfect size for kids that age. lots to do but it's not huge

My Etsy Name: Hannahshands (I make jewelry)
sparks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
dana1003
DIS Veteran

sesame is very small and if your spending the whole day there its becuz your doing the rides 2 or 3 times each..food is horrible and expensive..dont like it all but we go cuz the kids like it. btw the water is freezing..your probaby better off goin at like the end of august and ditto about there being no place to sit and relax...has anyone been to dutch wonderland? im trying to talk the kids out of sesame and was thinking of giving this a try..any opinions?
Old 05-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #10
sparks19
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana1003 View Post
sesame is very small and if your spending the whole day there its becuz your doing the rides 2 or 3 times each..food is horrible and expensive..dont like it all but we go cuz the kids like it. btw the water is freezing..your probaby better off goin at like the end of august and ditto about there being no place to sit and relax...has anyone been to dutch wonderland? im trying to talk the kids out of sesame and was thinking of giving this a try..any opinions?
Dutch Wonderland is fun. it's small but lots of things to do. Great for younger kids. I don't know that I'd travel in for it if I lived out of town but if I was visiting the area anyway I'd probably stop by (I live in Lancaster so we go every year)

My Etsy Name: Hannahshands (I make jewelry)
sparks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Lstar311
Mouseketeer

I'll go against the grain and say 2 days. We get season passes and go a lot. I'd think one day for water rides and one day for dry rides and shows. I agree with the pp the food is awful and expensive. Pack a lunch and bring your cooler in, they let you.
Lstar311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstar311 View Post
I'll go against the grain and say 2 days. We get season passes and go a lot. I'd think one day for water rides and one day for dry rides and shows. I agree with the pp the food is awful and expensive. Pack a lunch and bring your cooler in, they let you.
Thanks for the food tip... I appreciate it.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
amitrat
Mouseketeer

We have Season passes this year - I have always had one "Middle Level - Bigbird" season pass for the free parking and 30% off the food and merchandise. Also, with the Dine With Me, kid eat free with a paying adult for dinner and when I called (I would call), they took the extra $10 - it was just under $60 for 4 of us to eat dinner - if you stop at the Chili's on the way out, it would be about the same with tip. Plus, an hour with the character and singing and dancing make the best pictures.

You can get discounts off of a one day pass, but it is about $5 depending on the day. We have gone every year for 5 years -

PM me if you want to talk in detail and I can tell you the best things to do and all.

I would say 2 days, but that is up to you - we live 1hour 15 minutes away - if you are within an hour to 1.5 hours, you don't need a hotel room. They are also offering some promos now until May 31st good through June.

DH(40) Me(37) DD(8) DD(4)
amitrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

We haven't gone to Sesame Place in a LONG time and I just checked 2011 prices. I think they have gotten way overpriced....wow.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

So here's another question for my new Sesame Street friends Right now they are doing a two day ticket for the price of one and you have until October 30 to use it. This is great, but we might not be back in the area before October 30. Would we be able to give our unused tickets to other family members, or is it similar to Disney where you can't do that. I'm not trying to break any rules I just hate to waste a ticket.

Thanks again for all your help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: