Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > United We Stand
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2003, 09:35 PM   #91
shanspen95
Earning My Ears

My husband is SFC Garret Spencer, serving in Iraq with HHS 5/3 FA (Army). They are part of the 17th Bridage based in Balad, Iraq. He has been in Iraq since April. We are planning a trip to Disneyworld when he returns, probably May. Does anyone know if they will be doing another special promotion for military next year? Any information would be appreciated. God Bless!
shanspen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #92
Alice28
DIS Veteran
I'm Doombah Frickin Butt, nice to meet you!

Just found out last night that DH will most likely be deployed to Afghanistan for a year, but not until *next* February. He will be gone a total of 18 months (5-6 months training in Texas, then to Afghanistan). I am grateful it isn't Iraq, but we have two little boys who are quite enamored with Daddy....it will be tough to have him gone for so long...our boys are 2 1/2 and 6 right now.
Alice28 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2004, 07:16 PM   #93
stacieps
DIS Veteran

My husband, Doug, has been gone with his Army National Guard unit for a month now (at Ft. Dix, NJ). They are leaving for Iraq next week (2/18). We have 2 children, DS 4 and DD 6. DD is definitely a daddy's girl and seems more affected than her brother. Doug will also be gone for up to 18 months (and 1 already seems like forever).

Our yearly family vacation is usually Florida for a couple days (Universal) to a week and then a cruise. This year I asked the kids what they wanted to do - of course they wanted to go on a cruise. I suggested Disney World instead and they decided to try that. We are now counting down to our April trip to DW. I've got another vacation scheduled for July then in Sept. school starts (DS will be in kindergarten) - so, I'm trying to schedule things that we can count our days to look foward to, instead of just counting how long we've been missing daddy. So far the bribery seems to be helping - but 18 months is a very long time to a 4yo and 6yo.

My thoughts are with all the other families faced with similar difficult situations. Hopefully we'll be lucky and have our loved one return safely.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:18 AM   #94
mommysharon
Proud Military Wife

Dear stacieps,

My husband Brian is on of the guys that your husband at Fort Dix, NJ has to see or get trained by, before he goes,. Brian has been doing it for a year now all over the United States.

My boys 9 and 5 have gone threw some rough times. Brian will be done June 30. The boys and I can't wait.

Hang in there

Proud Military "Majors" Wife
Sharon
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'March 4, 2004 12:50:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=navy>Shades of Green here we come!!! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Go Army!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
mommysharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:54 AM   #95
memymomonica
Addicted to Disney and Proud of it!!

My hubby is a Marine and was gone for 10months with the 24th MEU. He is getting ready to leave again in the next few months. Our daughter is 6. The kids will do great. She does better than I do in the beginning. She has her moments, but most of the time she understands that Daddy is keeping us safe and that it is his job. Military children are so flexible and understanding. My daughter and her friends always amaze me. I just make sure to answer all her questions as honestly as I can. She understands the danger too. As much as a 6 year old can. I think honesty is the best policy all the way around.

Planning the trips is a great idea. We do that too. As you can see, we are going in December while he is gone. He isn't a huge Disney fan so he doesn't mind.

Just remember that you can do or take care of anything!! Military spouses are a rare breed!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:23 PM   #96
FunkyRooster
Lifes beachy
Parents like to use quotes from TV shows
Thinks Bosco is a hottie
I'm all about the Yankees, baby!

Unhappy

I have someone to add...

My best friends father has headed out to Kuwait. He is a reserve at Ft. Lewis, Washington. He is expected be back March of 2005 but we are all hoping that it is sooner but safely.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:01 PM   #97
Beachmom
Earning My Ears

Location: 95 minutes west of WDW on a Friday before rush hour

My husband, David, Navy Captain with Central Command, deployed since Thanksgiving in the "sand box". Camped at FW for turkey day the day before he left with our 4 kids. Miss him a ton.

*****Go Navy - Beat Army******
Old 02-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #98
WDWPsychoALice
Not nearly as Psycho as you think!

Well my boyfriend left on Wednesday for 6-8 months. Hes a Navy Doc with a Marine Helo Unit doing CASEVAC's...hes not in the box yet but VERY close...I miss him terribly!!

Heres his blog Doc in the Box and his fotopage
WDWPsychoALice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #99
CeaJae
Earning My Ears

My husband Dan, who is a Staff Sgt in the IL Army National Guard has been deployed since early Feb '03---in Kuwait since 4/03 and due back 4/04 if not delayed again (twice already). God Bless all of our servicemen and women whatever branch they serve. My prayers especially to the 1244th TC ILARNG---come home soon--you are sorely missed!!!

CeaJae
CeaJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:31 AM   #100
Carlen T
Is the bbq QUEEN
Loves to wish upon a star

My brother was overseas during the heat of Operation Iraqi Freedom on one of the ships.

William D. Lloyd
US Marine Corps

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 12, 2004 12:00:00 AM PDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue> Countdown to Caleb`s 5th Birthday! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Happy Birthday Caleb!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 24, 2004 12:00:00 AM PDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple> Countdown to Hannah`s 9th Birthday! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Happy Birthday Hannah!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Carlen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #101
FonFon
Mouseketeer

Hey guys -

My husband is on the USS Pinckney, which, if you have seen the news today, suffered a few losses as a result of a bus crash in South Carolina, while on the way to a wreath-laying ceremony at Mr. Pinckney's grave. Please keep these families in your prayers.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #102
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

I hope it is ok to post this here..My brother's best friend went to Texas to begin his training....keeping all military in my prayers

Last edited by Blueeyes101817; 07-07-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:35 AM   #103
SharBear4
Mouseketeer

Just a note to pray for my son Cpl Joshua Heidecker, USMC. He has not been in Afghanistan or Iraq, but is deployed aboard Navy ships for protection, etc. He had just returned, but says he will be deployed again soon. They are also talking about extending their deployment time.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:36 PM   #104
goin2disneyagain
AKL- A WILD place to visit!
A new tag
Secretly has the hots for Tom Cru...Brokaw
TF will ensure you won't have the hots for Tom Cruise because the TF has the hots for him

A good friend just returned from the Middle East. He has been deployed 3 times in the last 2 1/2 years. I am so happy he is back in the U.S. and safe. He is in the Air Force.

I continue to support all of our troops and wish them the best. Thank you, troops, for all you have done.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #105
Jeepers Lady
Mouseketeer

prayers please for our young friend Kyle (aka Fred) -- he's in Iraq -- just lost his dad 3 months ago. He's a good kid to have this heavy a burden starting out. (prayers please for his mom Deb, too) Thanks. Coleen

Jeepers Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: