Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
musicfan
Mouseketeer

Smile HoJo Plaza vs Hilton Anaheim vs PP

We'll be going to Disneyland this summer for a couple of days (!) and I've been doing a lot of internet checking and have also searched this site.

I need some up-to-date opinions on HoJos Plaza Anaheim vs the Hilton Anaheim vs Paradise Pier. The best rate I have been able to get on PP is 190 in late June. That is awfully steep, but I'd pay it if PP was clearly and vastly superior to Hojos (which comes in at 109). Having never been to either, it's hard to make the judgement. The Hilton comes in between the two in terms of cost. Can you walk from the Hilton?

I really value a clean and spacious room. I do not like to stay in motels and prefer the interior corridors of a hotel. My family is in good shape, so walks of 10 minutes do not bother us, but extreme convenience to Disney venues could tilt the balance if it is a matter of a one minute walk vs 15 or so.

Anyone have an opinion?
musicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:47 AM   #2
Goofydiane
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at 2 of the three.

HoJo's - never stayed here

PP/Hilton - Room size is smaller than Hilton, shower head is made for short people (I'm 5'9" and had to dip my head when I washed my hair). Self Parking is attached to hotel and included in the resort fee (Hilton is $12/night), view of parks is available at both hotels. Paradise Pier has their own entrance to DCA (across street, follow a path) however it is the furthest of the 3 disney resorts from Disneyland. Paradise Pier tends to be louder due to kids running the halls, it also has a character breakfast. Depending on the room fireworks can be seen from either hotel. I've paid $109 at both hotels and my opinion is that I wouldn't pay $190 for Paradise Pier.

I'm in the Hilton Anaheim right now - in addition to the 2 beds, my double room has a desk/chair and side chair and round end table, and ottoman, 5 drawer dresser, 4 drawer/tv center. The room would easily fit a roll-away if necessary.

Feel free to ask me questions. I stay at the Hilton every other week.

Diane
Goofydiane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2003, 05:16 AM   #3
my3kids
Helpful Cruise Board regular!
My hands were full of chips, salsa and M & M's

Are you a AAA member? Your PP rate seems high. We are travelling in late June also and when I checked on PP, the AAA was much lower than that. Just a thought....

We ended up booking the DLH, but the rate there was even lower than what you were quoted for PP.
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:17 AM   #4
daannzzz
OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled egg salad
Enjoys the magic of Disneyland in December
: I am becoming a bit more adventurous in my dining habits

I have stayed at PP and HoJo but noth Hilton and probably never will. The Hilton is just a hair to far away for my, a bit to large and to Large feeling.
The Hojo has 6 buildings with landscaped walkways between them. There lots of trees and large pine trees around the property.Once in the buldings it is all interior corridors with most of the rooms having a balconey. The rooms are fairly large and comfortable. Some of the rooms are near highway 5 and can be somewhat loud. The walk to the parks is 7-10 minutes. I have stayed here numerous times. One pool is surroi
Paradise Pier doesn't have much in the way of grounds or landscaping or trees. The front of the hotel was remodeled/decorated nicely. The lobby is small and unimpressive and the public areas are colorful but a bit bland. As you expect this is all interior corridors. The rooms are nice sized with modern Disney decore, not frilly or flowery and are comfortable. There are no balconeys and the windows barely open. Views of DCA from the one side are spectacular though you can hear some traffic on the roadway below. The other side of the building would be spectacular views the parking lot and of Anaheim and the surrounding area. The walk to the parks is 5-15 minutes.
Personally I wouldn't pay $190 for the PP hotel. It is nice but my least favorite Disney Hotel. Of course $109 for the HoJo is allot too. I would book The hotel you feel most comfortable with , making sure their concellation policy is leneiant and then keep looking for deals.
daannzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #5
ilovemky
DIS Veteran

we just spent last friday nite at hilton suites on state college--it was $86/nite and it had seperate living room with sofa, chair, desk, tv, etc, king size bed and nice bath with very tall shower and seperate tub. it was 5 minutes drive to the park--very conveninet, very clean and nice. you might want to check their rates, too. they also have a free shuttle that runs every 15 minutes to the park.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:19 PM   #6
musicfan
Mouseketeer

Smile

Thanks everyone, this is very helpful -- first-hand experience is always so great. I really appreciate it.
musicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 10:17 PM   #7
luckynmmom
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

I've never stayed at HoJo but am going to at the end of March. Go to mouseinfo.com for an offer for better prices there. We're getting $54 a night for a large double queen room. You'll also find a lot of testimonials on the good experiences of HoJo's. The only down side I am seeing is that only one of two pools are open and the hot tub is also closed (though we are supposed to be able to use Fairfield's next door). Worth checking out.:D
luckynmmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: