Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Disney adds a premium package to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Disney is really on a roll with these premium add ons for special events:

From WDWmagic:

Quote:
Disney adds a premium package to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Following this year's trend of adding premium experiences to nearly every Walt Disney World event, this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will debut "Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle."

For an additional $99 per person, in addition to the ticket for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, you will get to experience a character hosted dessert party inside Cinderella's Royal Table, along with preferred viewing for Boo-to-You parade and HalloWishes fireworks.

Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle

Join Lady Tremaine and her villainous friends at the witching hour for the season’s most decadent dessert party. Taking place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, it’s the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle!

Set within the majestic halls of Cinderella’s Royal Table, don’t miss your chance to meet a menagerie of malevolent special guests—all while you indulge in devilish desserts and wicked entertainment.

As the evening continues, follow fellow Guests to the dining room, where the surroundings have transformed into an upscale, villainous atmosphere. Inside, enjoy the eerie entertainment as a piano player provides live music, accompanied by a few haunting solos from Lady Tremaine herself.

By purchasing a ticket to both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle, you’ll receive preferred viewing for the 8:15 performance of Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, as well preferred viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular.

Plus, you’ll be treated to the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Table—a delightful affair where you can feast your senses on Lady Tremaine’s eerie musical talents, over-the-top desserts and specialty non-alcoholic beverages. You’ll even receive an autograph card and a souvenir Maleficent dragon cup!

Admission

Admission to the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle is available for $99 per person, plus tax (gratuity included).
Please be aware that admission to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is required and is not included in the price.
In addition, be aware that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special ticketed event and is not included with admission to Magic Kingdom park.

Reservations

Online booking is not available for the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle. To make a reservation, please call (407) 939-5262. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Reservations are highly recommended for the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Royal Table, taking place at both 10:15 PM and 11:45 PM on September 1, 9 and 12, 2014; and at 10:15 PM only on September 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 and October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2014.

Last edited by crazy4wdw; 08-25-2014 at 03:20 PM.
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

$99????

Seriously?

No.
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Yikes. So with tax and party ticket (did I read that right??) you are looking at $180 for a dessert party that takes you away from the characters and trick or treating for an hour or two. And in return you get cheesecake squares and fireworks viewing.

Now I am one of the people willing to pay for events and dinners. And I admittedly don't go to the parties for characters really, I go for atmosphere, the parade and fireworks. But this still seems a little ridiculous to me.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
wallrock
Mouseketeer

So we now have a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event. Gotta love Disney's commitment to the customer experience.
wallrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallrock View Post
So we now have a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event. Gotta love Disney's commitment to the customer experience.
INCEPTION

Sorry couldn't help myself
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
wallrock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThrillingChase View Post
INCEPTION

Sorry couldn't help myself

Yikes...

Does that mean - dare I say it - that we could possibly have a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event? And in that last hard ticket event they will be planting an idea in your mind that you need to show up for the next hard ticket event?

Your magic band is the key...
wallrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
MommaPeel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
$99????

Seriously?

No.
I felt the same way. Sounded good until I saw it is more than the party itself, on top of the party fee.

Walt Disney World - May 1994/Sept 1999/Sept 2000/Sept 2001/Jan 2002/Nov 2002/Jan 2003/Sept 2003/Sept 2008/AP holder 2008-2011/Jun 2012/Jul 2012

DISNEYLAND PARIS - March 2002/November 2004 Disneyland/California Adventure - Sept 2012

MommaPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #8
jon18uk
Mouseketeer

For $99 I was expecting a full dinner, not just a dessert party. Given CRT dinner is usually around $70 you are paying more for less food but getting reserved viewing. $49 for desserts would be more realistic, but then I guess it's the rare villains characters that are the draw for this event.
jon18uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #9
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Let's see...

I think you can see Lady Tremaine (and the sisters) at 1900 Park Fair during dinner... Which includes a full meal, not just dessert..

There's 2 parades per night, and several excellent viewing spots that you don't have to pay for....

Fireworks? Ummm... look up. From what I've seen, there's not much to see happening on the Castle, except color changes.. I don't need a special spot for that....

Desserts? If they're the same desserts from the Fireworks Dessert Party (which they probably are), they're DEFINITELY not worth $99....

There's no way I can justify the extra money for this event.. Granted, I don't have little ones, but I don't think it's justifiable for little ones either.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #10
Ero_FL
AP

Quote:
Let's see...

I think you can see Lady Tremaine (and the sisters) at 1900 Park Fair during dinner... Which includes a full meal, not just dessert..

There's 2 parades per night, and several excellent viewing spots that you don't have to pay for....

Fireworks? Ummm... look up. From what I've seen, there's not much to see happening on the Castle, except color changes.. I don't need a special spot for that....

Desserts? If they're the same desserts from the Fireworks Dessert Party (which they probably are), they're DEFINITELY not worth $99....

There's no way I can justify the extra money for this event.. Granted, I don't have little ones, but I don't think it's justifiable for little ones either.
Agreed. I think this is for people with a lot of throw-away money who don't want to wander around the parks much. Seems weird to go if you don't want to go though, kwim?

If it included dinner, I would consider it.

(Me) (DH) (DD9) (DS4) (DD1) We are APs now!
ASM: Oct '14 (MNSSHP) / Boardwalk: Sept '14 (F&W) / AOA (LK suite): June '14 - 7 days / POR: Feb '12 / CSR: May '10 / Pop: Oct '09
Ero_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
$99????
Seriously?

No.
I've seen posts on other threads where people waited on the phone for over an hour to purchase the premium add on!

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #12
Frozen Man
Today’s special moments are tomorrow’s memories. - Genie

If they Have Something Similar for MVMCP I'll Do It.

Unlike most responses so far, I would love to do this and if they have it when I'm there for MVMCP I will definitely get tickets. I realize it is kind of pricey but I'm sure transforming Cinderella's table for the party each night is no easy task. There is no way that they could have this experience at no additional charge (just from a volume standpoint) so they can either not offer it at all or they can charge for it. They can't very well charge $10 for it because everyone would want to do it for that price. I think $99 is a bit steep but I'm sure that they have plenty of interest even at that price point.

Frozen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
theotherlostprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I've seen posts on other threads where people waited on the phone for over an hour to purchase the premium add on!
yea.... was on the phone for 75 minutes just to give them 210 dollars for the event for 2 people
Old 08-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #14
profdsny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I like WDW as much as the next guy, but I have my limits. So does my charge card.
profdsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #15
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

I would be willing to bet that this will be a disaster. I'll be proved wrong of course.......

The decision makers at this company have lost their **** minds

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: