Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #16
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

I go to this park once every 5 years compared to going to the other parks every year. And each time I do I am sooooo disappointed in myself for paying for the ticket
jamarmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:52 PM   #17
belac
I like fluffy!

Ok I'm on the flip side of this, I actually like DHS (I still call it MGM, and don't know why, cause I know better). There is something about that park that yeah it is maybe a one day park but it is something in the feel of that one. I can't explain it, it is simply a feeling. Maybe cause it is more of a relaxing day or the ambiance, but I do a full day there.

OFF TO NEVERLAND..............
belac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #18
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

Personally I do like what they have there, theres just not enough and there is just too many shows.

I think they should keep most of what they have and where they have it, but need to add to the park

THe America Idol experience and Drew Carey need to go, the backlot tour needs to go, but Id personally like to see everything else stay the way it is ( well possibly the stunt car show, never was interested in that at all ) other than the sorcerers hat.

It needs a cars land, and a star wars land as well as something more for the little girls. Then it would be a great park, right now its a poor mans universal IMVHO
jamarmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #19
Figment Mom
Mouseketeer

DS9 and I spent 3 full days there on our recent trip.

Over 3 days we did:
Jedi Training Academy 3x
Star Tours 8x
TSMM 3x
Great Movie Ride
One Man's Dream
HISTK playground 2x
Backlot Tour
Indiana Jones
LMA Stunt Show
Muppets 3x
Frozen sing-along 2x
Frozen Funland (skating and snow play)
Frozen parade/processional
Fantasmic
Frozen Fireworks 2x

We ate at: 50s PT, Sci-Fi, and Mama Melrose (Fantasmic dinner package)

Each day we arrived at rope drop and left for about 3 hours in the late afternoon for a swim break. Each evening we returned and one night we stayed for EMH (10 pm - midnight).

DS cannot choose a favorite park between DHS, Epcot, and MK. Actually for him it's probably a tie between DHS and Epcot.
Figment Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #20
disney world dreamer
DIS Veteran

DHS is my second favorite after MK.
this is what i do there..
-ToT
-RnRC
-TGMR
-TSM
-beauty and the beast
-voyage of the little mermaid
-muppet vision 3D
-sometimes star tours
-sometimes the backlot tour
-always eat at sci-fi dine in theater

i usually spend 3/4 of a day there but could spend the whole day.
i wouldn't go more than that unless i had the time and just went for ToT a few times in a row lol.

for me personally the park with he least to do is AK.
i can barely make it to noon before i leave and even then i've taken my time.
i find it so boring.
disney world dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #21
disney world dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarmiller View Post
Personally I do like what they have there, theres just not enough and there is just too many shows.

I think they should keep most of what they have and where they have it, but need to add to the park

THe America Idol experience and Drew Carey need to go, the backlot tour needs to go, but Id personally like to see everything else stay the way it is ( well possibly the stunt car show, never was interested in that at all ) other than the sorcerers hat.

It needs a cars land, and a star wars land as well as something more for the little girls. Then it would be a great park, right now its a poor mans universal IMVHO
-sounds dangerous with drew carey has been closed for 2 years.
-american idol experience will be closing soon
-in my opinion universal has gone down the tubes. i used to go to it in the 90's-00's. those were the glory days. i just went last month and i spent a few hours and left and don't plan on returning any time soon.
disney world dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #22
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I prefer Universal Studios as a movie park more then DHS. It's more convincing that actual films are shot there. Rides are better as well.

DHS is a lot of shows and not too many actual rides. I also feel like it doesn't really know what it wants to be- a park themed around the glory days of Hollywood? A movie set? Family fun? Broadway?

We only spent 1/2 a day there in Feb. Probably will spend a whole day next time though, if only for the hilarious side shows.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #23
bricgray
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Las Disney View Post
I agree with Stinky Pete, if you've been there a few times and can skip a lot of the shows I could see where many probably consider it a 1 day park but for newer visitors like myself I think it's a multi day park. I spent a day and a half on my first trip last year and although I got on all the rides a few times I still missed a few shows I wanted to see due to the overlapping start times. I had only scheduled one day at HS but ended up going back for a half day because I missed so many shows and although it didn't have a huge selection of rides the ones it did have (ToT, RnRC, TSMM, and Star Tours) ended up being 4 of my favorite rides in all the parks, I also thought HS had a couple really cool themed restaurants and Fantasmic was the icing on the cake. I think on my next trip I'll still plan at least a full day and a partial day if not 2 full days just to try to see it all again.
Couldn't agree more.
bricgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #24
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

This has always been my least favorite park. I come from the land of Disneyland, so I don't have to do TSMM, Muppets, or Star Tours on every trip and I am not into roller coasters or shows. On my last trip, I pretty much went there to get a red velvet cupcake...I kid you not. lol
Old 08-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #25
Disneyfreak001
"I dont't wanna be the bad guy anymore"

On our family trips if we think we've done everything first we look at a attractions pamphlet to see if we really did do it all and if we did you know what we do? We do stuff again! for some rides it's a different experience every time, or we just sit on a park bench and enjoy being in disney. For MGM (I will never call it DHS) there is so much cool stuff to see on Hollywood boulevard or Sunset boulevard, you just gotta know what to do. Keep an eye out for street performers too
Old 08-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #26
ScottieMouse
Earning My Ears

Honestly I usually end up spending more time at DHS than anywhere else, but that is because I will ride ToT and RnR coaster multiple times. I haven't been since the updated Star Tours has started so I am also looking forward to that.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #27
mcjaco
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsweeper View Post
We have young kids and the park just doesn't have much appeal for little ones. I've never liked the park layout either.
My 15 month olds last year loved DHS. The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, the Little Mermaid, the Great Movie Ride, and the Animation Studio were big hits. I'd guess the Muppets would have been too if it wasn't in referb mode.

That being said, DHS is third out of the four parks. AK just bores me to tears. The theming is excellent, but that's about it for me. Everest has done nothing for me since Yeti went down.

I love DHS' theming. Epecially the main drag and Sunset Blvd. I end up taking tons of pictures there throughout the day. I find the whole park to be a bit more relaxed because there isn't so much to do.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #28
Manders77
Mouseketeer

To each their own. DHS is second in line right behind MK. We start eating at H & V and continue on to TSM and Disney jr and little mermaid. Our last visit we skipped height rides since kids were not tall enough. Our next visit Dd will be 7 and DS will be 5 so DD can ride and hopefully DS will make it. Now for us Epcot is boring. It's a half day with the princess dinner. Our next visit we are skipping Epcot unless the frozen rumors come true. If they do we will work into our plan.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #29
chipsgirl
Earning My Ears

The lack of things to do over and over at DHS means that we can take our time and go around the park slowly without feeling rushed. I do however, wish they would update current attractions or add some new ones. It's a bit stale.
chipsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #30
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Funny thing is that HS has some of my favorite in-park TS restaurants and I always wish I could justify spending more time there so I can get them all in during a given trip. But generally we don't do 2 TS meals in 1 day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: