Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #1
mexican-mouseketeers
DIS Veteran

ADRs for 16 people

We will be going to WDW with my parents, siblings and their families, making a total of 16 people.

We have all our ADRs together and I am freaking out that someone might not arrive on time and that we will all lose the table.

How flexible are the waiting times? (I have never been late to an ADR before)

With 16 people, do we have a mínimum number of people to be seated so as not to lose the table?

If someone doesn´t show up, do we have to pay the no show fee of $ 10 for that person, but the rest of the party can still dine?

I don´t think my siblings are taking me seriously when I tell them how long it can take to get from one place to another, and they have a few FP+ very close to dining times. I have told them that even with a FP+ they might have up to a 30 minute wait, but I am not sure they believe me...

TIA

DH Me Dd 11 Dd 5 Dd 3

mexican-mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

When checking in for your ADR the entire party needs to be present to do so as you may be seated right that minute or face a bit of a wait. It depends on how table turnover has been that night. They recommend being at the restaurant prior to your ADR time, but we've shown up 15-20 minutes due to transportation issues and have never been turned way from checking in. If people opt out of the meal, you won't be charged a cancelation fee so long as someone is there to eat.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican-mouseketeers View Post
We will be going to WDW with my parents, siblings and their families, making a total of 16 people.

We have all our ADRs together and I am freaking out that someone might not arrive on time and that we will all lose the table.

With 16 people, do we have a mínimum number of people to be seated so as not to lose the table?

If someone doesn´t show up, do we have to pay the no show fee of $ 10 for that person, but the rest of the party can still dine?

I don´t think my siblings are taking me seriously when I tell them how long it can take to get from one place to another, and they have a few FP+ very close to dining times. I have told them that even with a FP+ they might have up to a 30 minute wait, but I am not sure they believe me...

TIA

With all well intentions I would strongly encourage you to give up some of the ADR's. Is eating together for all 16 people really that important? If you're already worried about it, there's a reason. I doubt you will be seated until all people are present or at least the majority. If many in your group haven't been to WDW, they won't grasp the distance and planning involved getting one place to another until it's too late and the little are whining and crying because they're hunger- you get the picture. It' just my opinion but I'd probably go with 3 ADR's ( A Character meal for sure) and reduce my stress.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

. . . if busy, no flexibility
. . . otherwise, they *might* give you 10-15 minutes leeway
. . . after that, you go to end-of-the-line and wait for tables
. . . such waits could be anywhere from 15-45 minutes, or longer
. . . and the tables may be distant from each other
. . . in very busy times, your ADR is simply cancelled and you need to eat elsewhere

With 16 people, do we have a minimum number of people to be seated so as not to lose the table?
. . . the entire party must be present to be seated
. . . if you say, "only ten today", because they are late, you get a table for ten
. . . the late-comers get seated by themselves, AFTER waiting for a vacant table

. . . no penalties for no-shows as long as SOMEONE shows for the ressie

. . . tell them they might totally miss the meal
. . . tell them they might be seated away from the other members of the party
. . . tel them if all are to be seated together, the meal could be delayed 15-45 minutes

NOTE: As mentioned above, better to cut down on the number of mass-meals.

TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
mexican-mouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Thank you all!

Unfortunately, I can´t change the ADRs, since my father is paying for the trip for all of us and that is the only time of day when we will all be together.

But I think that the first time someone is late and I ask for a table for less people after 10 min., they will get if the have to wait for a separate table or lose their meal and then try to find another ADR another day to replace this one.

DH Me Dd 11 Dd 5 Dd 3

mexican-mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

On our last trip we had 11people. They all had a list of the time for the one meal a day that we were going to eat together. All we asked was that if they were not going to make it to call us and let us know. We were lucky in that everyone made each dinner on time.

Good luck it is a lot of fun. My favorite meal was Trails End. We were around a big table and just talked for almost 2 hours.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: