Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2014, 02:17 AM   #1
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Question Looking for advice on how to do a long boat ride around the resorts on our off day

Hello All,

Well we leave for Disney in 6 days and I was wondering we have a few off Days and i was looking for something to do that fairly cheap and i have read about doing boat rides around the resorts. Any one have any good boast ride routes. Also looking for somewhere inexpensive for dinner (preferably not a table service),, Thanks everyone

Tink

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #2
karly05
DIS Veteran

Assuming you're talking about using WDW transportation to visit resorts...

There are boats that go between DHS and Epcot that stop at the Swan/Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Clubs and Boardwalk. It's a nice ride and some lovely resorts to see. If you're using WDW transportation, take the bus from your resort to DHS and start there. Boardwalk has the Boardwalk Bakery for QS food, and I'm assuming they still have some casual food stands (pizza window, hot dog cart, etc.).
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
2015 - POFQ - As P&F say: Carpe Diem! 4 Parks in a Day

karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Knowing where you're staying would help.

I think the DHS jumping off point is good. You could do the Epcot loop and then back at any resort (the stops are BW, Epcot, YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin and DHS) or even from DHS take a bus to MK.

From MK take the monorail around to TTC and transfer to Epcot line. Ride the Epcot Line back to TTC. Then complete your monorail loop on the RESORT monorail) via Poly, GF, MK, and back to the Contemporary (30 min for this loop).

At Contemporary there is the Outer Rim lounge and Contempo Cafe in the main concourse area. You can watch the monorail and study the murals. The food is good at CC. I wouldn't bother trying to eat at Poly right now. The story is that the main building is a mess and there's not much to look at (construction). Grand Floridian is nice to walk around, especially the lobby in the afternoon and the waterfront area. I don't know much about their food options.

Then from Contemporary, exit downstairs out the back on the pool side. Head to the waterfront for the Blue Flag boats. One will take you to FW and then to WL. The other will go to WL first and then FW. The lobby of WL is a great place to relax and sit awhile. Roaring Fork has good food but is small. The Territory Lounge is nice too, but will take longer. At FW there is Trails To Go and Crockett's Tavern (both open evenings). From TTG you can take fried chicken back down to the beach for the Electric Water Pageant (also viewable from all other MK resorts) and MK Fireworks. At FW, the Tri Circle D farm (near the restaurants) is fun for pony rides or just seeing the big draft horses. At the Meadows (take the internal bus) they have a free campfire with Chip N Dale in the evenings.

This boat loop will run until about 11pm (or 11:30?). MK should still be open late, so you should be able also to take the MK boat (or bus) from either WL or FW (take the internal bus to the Outpost to get the MK bus at FW). Then at MK transfer back to your resort bus.
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

When you take the boat to Fort Wilderness-things you can do-
Rent bikes
Petting zoo
Pony rides
Big Barn-go inside!!! they have the BIG draft horses and sometimes the small white horses that pull Cinderellas coach(for Weddings)
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: