Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
oceanmarina
Mouseketeer

Grand Floridian Villas - easier to get into next summer/construction?

Hi all,

I am hoping to book a bounceback offer when I stay at the Wilderness Lodge Villas the week after next (I believe the deal starts August 20 2015, which is when we would stay). I was hoping the grand Floridian villas will be available next august and they will be part of the bounceback offer (I don't see why not as the room is not discounted, it is free dining). Do you think it will be hard to get into?, I heard it is so popular since it is so new.

Also, I know there is construction going on at the GF now, does anyone have an idea if there will still be construction going on there August 2015?

Thanks for any feedback,
Marina
Disney Dream July 2011
WDW Beach Club August 2011 (During Hurricane Irene)
WDW Animal Kingdom ~ Kidani Villas August 2012
WDW Bay Lake Villas ~ August 2013
WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas ~ August 2014

oceanmarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

You are probably asking in the wrong place. You are intending to get a room at VGF from Disney and not make a DVC reservation. Disney still has ownership of a portion of the resort and always retains a small percentage (since it is still being sold, Disney still has a more substantial ownership interest).The rentals for what Disney has and what DVC has avaialble are two different things (two different inventories) and thus whether the DVC inventory might be filled does not affect whether you can get a room.

In any event, I do not know if VGF will be offered as a bounce back option but my guess is that Disney will have rooms for rent available at VGF next August that you will likely still be able to get even if you call well into next year.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmarina View Post
Hi all,

I am hoping to book a bounceback offer when I stay at the Wilderness Lodge Villas the week after next (I believe the deal starts August 20 2015, which is when we would stay). I was hoping the grand Floridian villas will be available next august and they will be part of the bounceback offer (I don't see why not as the room is not discounted, it is free dining). Do you think it will be hard to get into?, I heard it is so popular since it is so new.

Also, I know there is construction going on at the GF now, does anyone have an idea if there will still be construction going on there August 2015?

Thanks for any feedback,
Marina
I doubt it, it's sold out most of the time, it's a small resort. Last I heard, 75% of the rooms have been declared to DVC points reservations. Free dining may be a rack rate room but they are giving you free dining, worth $60 per adult and $19 for ages 3 to 9, pretty much the same as a discount.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I would truly be surprised if VGF was included in any sort of discount. It's too new and in such high demand (such as the LM rooms at AoA) that including it wouldn't benefit Disney as they know they're going to fill the rooms anyway.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
oceanmarina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I doubt it, it's sold out most of the time, it's a small resort. Last I heard, 75% of the rooms have been declared to DVC points reservations. Free dining may be a rack rate room but they are giving you free dining, worth $60 per adult and $19 for ages 3 to 9, pretty much the same as a discount.
That's what I was thinking... (We are not DVC members). I'll follow up on this thread after the 19th with what we booked & if it was available or not
Disney Dream July 2011

Old 08-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
Aurora0427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks for any feedback,
Marina
We booked a Grand Floridian bounceback offer in February for December 2014 and the VGF were specifically excluded. We received 35% off the room rate at the Grand Floridian itself, not the villas.

Also, I'm confused as to what free dining has to do with anything?
Aurora0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora0427 View Post
We booked a Grand Floridian bounceback offer in February for December 2014 and the VGF were specifically excluded. We received 35% off the room rate at the Grand Floridian itself, not the villas.

Also, I'm confused as to what free dining has to do with anything?
Sometimes the bounceback offer is for free dining and not a room only discount. The switch from RO to FD typically happens in late August.

Me (30) DD (5)
Old 08-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
That's what I was thinking... (We are not DVC members). I'll follow up on this thread after the 19th with what we booked & if it was available or not
The problem you will run into is DVC resorts are not typically released to CRO a year in advance. I just checked 8/1 to 8/8, all the DVC resorts are unavailable. Usually not until around 10 months.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AFAIK, there's no construction currently going on at the GF. You might be thinking of the Poly which has DVC construction and GCH/pool/Captain Cooks renovations going on now. The GF just went through room refurbs, but those have recently been completed.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #10
Aurora0427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
Sometimes the bounceback offer is for free dining and not a room only discount. The switch from RO to FD typically happens in late August.
Really? I've never seen a FD BB. We've booked two BB RO offers in late August. It's always the same... 35% off most deluxes, some are 30%, etc etc etc
Interesting!
Aurora0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #11
oceanmarina
Mouseketeer

I just found out from another thread that the Villas Grand Floridian & the Mermaid rooms AOA are excluded from the bounceback offer. I can however book a regular room at the grand Floridian and get the offer.

Are all the buildings recently renovated?
Disney Dream July 2011

Old 08-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #12
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just found out from another thread that the Villas Grand Floridian & the Mermaid rooms AOA are excluded from the bounceback offer. I can however book a regular room at the grand Floridian and get the offer.

All of the rooms were refurbished this year.

Me (30) DD (5)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As I stated in my post above, all GF buildings/rooms have been refurbed. The renovations just finished with the completion of RPC the end of July/beginning of August.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #14
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora0427 View Post
Really? I've never seen a FD BB. We've booked two BB RO offers in late August. It's always the same... 35% off most deluxes, some are 30%, etc etc etc
Interesting!
See this thread, the current offer in the room is for free dining. Not sure if room only for other dates is also an option.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3311460

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: