Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question Soccer teams in Orlando

MLS teams - Orlando City SC opens in 2015
New stadium opens in 2016?

Could you get there from WDW?

Discounts to see the Orlando City team play in the new stadium ?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
larslovesyou
Earning My Ears

I would suggest seeing if you can get tickets through their supporter group The Ruckus. Supporter groups are generally given a better rate for tickets, and sell at a lower rate. The supporter groups for any team can get very "un-disney" though, so if you are bringing young kids, the general sections are recommended.

Also, don't forget Orlando City SC is CURRENTLY a team, so there is no need to wait until they become a MLS team to see them play! ( unless 2015 is the next time you'll be in FL). They actually have several games scheduled at the ESPN Wide World of Sports this summer.
larslovesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
Epcotfan64
Epcot Fan

Question

How is this thread related to Disney Rumors and News?
Epcotfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
Josh Hendy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcotfan64 View Post
Maybe unrelated ... or ... will they impose another surcharge (tax) on Orlando hotel rooms as was done to subsidize the Orlando Magic arena? " ... Because it will be a tourist attraction ... "

Check this from wikipedia:

Quote:
The downgrade to "junk" of the Amway Center's debt—although reversible—signals that unless local government either expands tax revenue or drastically reduces both Amway Center and non-center expenses, creditors could in just a short few years seek bankruptcy relief in the form of repossession or auctioning off the new center. Such a move would probably not threaten the Magic's status as tenant in the venue.
And this:

Quote:
Orange County Board of Commissioners voted 5-2 to approve the use of $20 million in tourist development tax funds to build an $84 million multi-purpose soccer stadium in downtown Orlando.
Oh well ... as least ONE potential WDW visitor is planning to visit the soccer stadium!

Josh Hendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Ulysses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larslovesyou View Post
I would suggest seeing if you can get tickets through their supporter group The Ruckus. Supporter groups are generally given a better rate for tickets, and sell at a lower rate. The supporter groups for any team can get very "un-disney" though, so if you are bringing young kids, the general sections are recommended.

Also, don't forget Orlando City SC is CURRENTLY a team, so there is no need to wait until they become a MLS team to see them play! ( unless 2015 is the next time you'll be in FL). They actually have several games scheduled at the ESPN Wide World of Sports this summer.
The Ruckus visited where I work for a friendly this year. Boy that was something. Pounding drums for the entire 90 minutes, and capped it all off with smoke bombs in the stadium.

It was fun! But definitely a "viewer discretion advised" when visiting their games during a Disney trip if you have kids accompanying you.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcotfan64 View Post
Well, I know for my wife and I, we'll look at the Orlando schedule, see when the play the Philadelphia Union down in Orlando, and try to book a weekend in a DVC studio for the game. Probably spend time at Epcot or Disney Springs (if the name has changed by then). It has already been discussed.
nkosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #7
Section106
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosiek View Post
Well, I know for my wife and I, we'll look at the Orlando schedule, see when the play the Philadelphia Union down in Orlando, and try to book a weekend in a DVC studio for the game. Probably spend time at Epcot or Disney Springs (if the name has changed by then). It has already been discussed.

DC United for me! My username is the section I first sat in with my season tickets. I had to give them up due to a baby. Now I can take my little girl to see United play and then hit Disney. Win-Win!
Section106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
pooh2001

Orlando City SC - cool

Where do we see them - what stadium ?

Could we use a taxi to see them?

Our family loves soccer
Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #9
briand1023
Mouseketeer

When does season end? I'll be there in October
briand1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #10
pooh2001

More info on Orlando City SC ?
Do they have a web-site for game schedules (local to Orlando) ?
Thanks so much!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #11
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

http://orlandocitysc.com/home/

They are currently playing at Disney's EPSN Sports Complex through Sept 13 when the season ends. Next season starts in February, should be at Disney. New stadium will be complete for the 2016 season which will be a couple blocks from the Amway Center downtown.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: