Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

"Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet!" new 12/17 (A MISSING PERSON!)

Someone left their inside b*** on the back of the toilet!
July 21-Aug 5, 2014

Setting and characters

July 20, we are off!

July 21, 2014
Part 1: We have take off!
Part 2: Fake monorails, Palm Trees and Cruise lines!
Part 3: You have reached your destination!
Part 4: All Star Sports
Part 5: End Zone Food Court
Part 6: A lost item and Downtown Disney
Part 7: World of Disney
Part 8: Let's run in the rain!
Part 9: Operation rescue wallet

July 22, 2014
Part 1: Early morning photography at All Star Sports
Part 2: Can I eat now?
Part 3: Hurry up! I want to go to!!
Part 4: On our way to our first park of the trip!
Part 5: Animal Kingdom!
Part 6: Expedition Everest
Part 7: Expedition Everest Part 2
Part 8: Pizzafari!
Part 9: Pizzafari photo shoot!
Part 10: Music and animals
Part 11: Long necks and big noses
Part 12: Even more animals
Part 13: Lunch and a ride!
Part 14: The Q loses her stomach and we need to go find it!
Part 15: Hanging at the pool and supper time! (We sure like to eat!)
Part 16: Closing the Animal Kingdom!

Royal Family pictures!
Day 1 Part 1
Day 1 Part 2
Day 1 Part 3

Day 2 Part 1
Day 2 Part 2
Day 2: Part 3
Day 2: Part 4 (four final pictures! LOL)

July 23, 2014
Part 1: Epcot
Part 2: Waiting for Test Track
Part 3: Who wins?
Part 4: Flying in a shuttle and on a hang glider
Part 5: World Showcase
Part 6: Via Napoli
Part 7: Italy and Germany
Part 8: Norway and Mexico
Part 9: Gran Fiesta Tour
Part 10: Imagination
Part 11: A break up
Part 12: DHS
Part 13: Tower of Terror
Part 14: King and Queen on tour
Part 15: Snacking around the world before an ADR?
Part 16: More snacks in WS
Part 17: They finally get their supper!
Part 18: A few photopass and cell phone shots.

July 24, 2014
Part 1: Solo at DHS
Part 2: Star Tours
Part 3: A snack, a ride and no longer solo
Part 4: Star Tours and another First!
Part 5: The Backlot Tour
Part 6: Part 6: Aerosmith and Photopass pictures
Part 7: Dinner and a Movie!
Part 8: Q & K All Star Resorts Tour
Part 9: Q & K tour continued
Part 10: Q & K tour final part

July 25, 2014
Part 1: MK before park opening and a few firsts
Part 2: My Castle... sorry, OUR castle!
Part 3: Breakfast fit for Royalty!
Part 4: It's a Small World
Part 5: Haunted Mansion and ride hunting
Part 6: Pirates!
Part 7: Lunch
Part 8: The Castle, Main Street and the walk to the bus
Part 9: Photopass shoot
Part 10: The start of a monorail hotel tour
Part 11: A Grand supper
Part 12: The Contemporary Resort
Part 13: Hanging out at the CR
Part 14: Moving on to the Poly
Part 15: The end of a long, but fun day!

July 26, 2014
Part 1: Outlet shopping and evening at All Star Sports
Part 2: Nighttime at Hollywood Studios
Part 3: Fantasmic!

July 27, 2014
Part 1: Epcot and the Title Explanation! (Finally!!!)
Part 2: A snack and a side trip to California
Part 3: The Royals see some Cruise Ships
Part 4: All Star Sports and Animal Kingdom Lodge
Part 5: A free meal and some animals
Part 6: Magic Kingdom in the evening
Part 7: Haunted Mansion
Part 8: Some left over ghosts and a lot of laughing
Part 9: Some left over laughs... hee hee hee
Part 10: Good night MK and Good night All Star Sports

July 28, 2014
Bush Gardens 1
Busch Gardens 2
Busch Gardens 3
Busch Gardens 4: Some shots from the royal camera

July 29, 2014
Part 1: Goodbye All Star Sports
Part 2: Hello All Star Music
Part 3: Is it time to go yet?
Part 4: Hello All Star Movies!
Part 5: For the first time in forever, Toy Story!
Part 6: I didn't help pack the car! OOPS!
Part 7: Port Orleans Riverside!
Part 8: More POR and some lunch.
Part 9: Carousel of Progress
Part 10: A missing person!!!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)

Last edited by DisneyFreak06; Today at 06:13 PM.
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I went to WDW without the other Golden Girls this time! I went with my sister, my niece and my brother in law.

My pictures are not ready yet, but I took my Canon 60d and I had my Samsung S3 that I used for pictures too. My total was 8900. My sister and her husband took a small Canon point and shoot. I don't know how many they took. When I get their pictures I'll get started. I shoot in raw and I need to process each picture, so that can be slow going sometimes.

Who are we?

Me! The biggest Disney Freak from Prince Edward Island, Canada. (Yes, I'm from where Anne of Green Gables was "from" and the Road to Avonlea tv series is located). Also known as Dorothy in my other TRs. My real name is Tina, and I am a French Immersion teacher. Currently I teach kindergarten, but I've taught most grades between k-12. I have a huge family, with 9 brothers and sisters, 16 nieces and nephews and many aunts, uncles and cousins! I love my family, I love my job. I am very involved in my church, and sometimes people think I work there or that I am a nun. Nope! LOL I love all the parks, but I feel Disney the most in Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios has a way of getting me all excited and pumped though too. That's the first time I've even come close to saying that I have a favorite park! I usually don't pick between them. I wouldn't want to hurt the other parks' feelings. I don't have favorite rides, because I love them all, from It's a Small World and Carousel of Progress to Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. From the walking trails of AK to Dinosaur to Expedition Everest. (I could do that for each park, but now I'm getting lazy!) I love photography and I especially love taking pictures at WDW, of the rides, the shows, the parades, the details and the general atmosphere. I love to read and watch movies and tv shows. Once Upon a Time is currently at the top of my tv shows, along with Supernatural.

I took my niece, who will be called "Princess" for this trip. The trip was mainly for her. It was supposed to be 1/2 the time and just the two of us, but it grew. My sister and her husband are not planning to return to Disney, but they have said that it might be worth it to go to Epcot again sometime if they are in the area! Hahahaha She is 14, heading in to grade 9 (9th grade for all you Americans) and is very sweet, most of the time! I won't say more because she'll get mad at me if she reads this! She ended up being at the "in between" stage. She told me she was so excited to be doing Disney and was gung ho to do it all with me, but then she realized that she likes the thrills more and the other stuff was boring. She loves her cell phone and texting/snap chatting/instagramming/face timing her friends! (Did I forget something there? Note I did not say talk to them on the phone!)

My beautiful, young looking, oldest sister came along too. For the sake of the TR, she will be the Queen, since she is the Princess's mother! She has an older son who didn't want to come with us. He is 18 now and too old to travel with us!

My brother in law is a very even keeled gentleman. I don't think I've once seen him get annoyed or raise his voice at anyone. He will be the King. But not this one: http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...is-Presley.jpg

from raw-6226 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The King is on the left, the Princess in the middle and the Queen on the right. Just in case you were not sure!

I guess since we have a King, Queen and Princess, and I'm not going to be the Prince, that makes me the court jester? Hahahaha

This is what I looked like a year ago, you'll see me soon enough, once I get the other pictures and get started on the actual TR section!

from raw-8766 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I have previously stayed at Pop Century, All Star Movies, All Star Music and one night at Art of Animation. My niece had (years ago!) asked me to save All Star Sports for her, so I did. We spent July 21-29 at Sports and July 29-Aug 5 at POR. I had tried to talk them into CSR or CBR or even OKW, because I had never been at any of those. My sister said that she was not enamored with those resorts but really liked POR. It was not hard to say that I could stay there. I loved it when I stayed there in 2012!

The King and Queen would be renting a car for part of the time, so we would be using it to visit Sea World, Busch Gardens (never been), Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure (HARRY POTTER!) and to go to Mass and to do some outlet shopping. They had some of their own plans as well on the days that the Princess and I were planning to be at Disney on our own.

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)

Last edited by DisneyFreak06; 08-08-2014 at 04:09 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hi Tina, finally getting in on the ground floor.

Incidentally, I have absolutely no problem calling MK my favourite park. No problem at all.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Hi Tina, finally getting in on the ground floor.

Incidentally, I have absolutely no problem calling MK my favourite park. No problem at all.
Welcome, Rob!

I love that you can call MK your favorite. To be completely honest, I was also the one who couldn't pick a favorite in New Kids on the Block either!

My Trip Reports:
Old 08-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Can't wait to read more! I've always dreamt of visiting PEI! I love Anne of Green Gables, from the books to the movies. Someday I'll get there, as well as Vancouver. Dying to visit the gardens. Epcot is my favorite park, and Canada is my favorite pavilion!
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #6
annie170
Mouseketeer

Sounds like it was a fun trip! Looking forward to reading along.
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #7
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Excited to see those 8900 images and some photos from Riverside which is my home resort at WDW. We stayed at Riverside...I mean Dixie Landings for the first time back in 1990. Great memories. We then visited many times and Riverside was always are resort choice because we had a family of five. We did stay at the Grand Floridian our last time and staying on the monorail is a dream. Let's get this party started Tina!
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #8
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Yay! Another trip report Can't wait to see all 8900 photos

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Joining in!!!

Claire and I are big fans of Once Upon a Time too and can't wait for the new season!

I am excited to see all your pictures and hear more about Universal too. I do love it there, and it's so hard to chose between there and Disney sometimes, as Disney usually wins, but Universal is a close second!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #10
ashleymrush
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I was hoping to find another good TR to follow tonight. When I saw your niece with that Dumbo pillow pal I knew I found a good one. I just bought that pillow for my 2 year old son at the Disney store today! They were 50% off and I couldn't pass it up for less than $15!

Can't wait to see all your photos.

My current June 2014 trip report: Take the 2 year old they said...It'll be fun they said...They were right!
ashleymrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #11
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm in from the beginning of this one for a change!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Joining in!

We're staying at Sports for the first time next month, so I'm curious to see how you liked it!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #13
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Following along
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #14
stindall
Congress Tart

following along of course!

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #15
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ View Post
Can't wait to read more! I've always dreamt of visiting PEI! I love Anne of Green Gables, from the books to the movies. Someday I'll get there, as well as Vancouver. Dying to visit the gardens. Epcot is my favorite park, and Canada is my favorite pavilion!
Oh fun! If you ever come here, we could have a Dismeet! It totally makes me laugh that your two places to visit in Canada are PEI and Vancouver, the West Coast and East Coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
Sounds like it was a fun trip! Looking forward to reading along.
It was fun and busy! I will get sharing soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Excited to see those 8900 images and some photos from Riverside which is my home resort at WDW. We stayed at Riverside...I mean Dixie Landings for the first time back in 1990. Great memories. We then visited many times and Riverside was always are resort choice because we had a family of five. We did stay at the Grand Floridian our last time and staying on the monorail is a dream. Let's get this party started Tina!
Don't you love taking photos at POR? I love that! I need a solo trip and now that I have a big enough suitcase again, I could take my tripod. Then it would be totally a photography trip.

GF is amazing too! I loved the convenience of the monorail. I only stayed 3 nights and we only went to Epcot for one day, but I still loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Yay! Another trip report Can't wait to see all 8900 photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Joining in!!!

Claire and I are big fans of Once Upon a Time too and can't wait for the new season!

I am excited to see all your pictures and hear more about Universal too. I do love it there, and it's so hard to chose between there and Disney sometimes, as Disney usually wins, but Universal is a close second!!!
Welcome! I know all about Once, it's just so entertaining, and fun to see the different twists on the traditional fairy tales. I bought a new wallet, but I was thinking more along the lines of Once more than the Disney version.

Universal was fun, but my favorite part is the Harry Potter. I don't think I'd bother if it weren't for that! It's just so well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleymrush View Post
Joining in! I was hoping to find another good TR to follow tonight. When I saw your niece with that Dumbo pillow pal I knew I found a good one. I just bought that pillow for my 2 year old son at the Disney store today! They were 50% off and I couldn't pass it up for less than $15!

Can't wait to see all your photos.
I love that Dumbo pillow pal! You got a WAY better price than I did for it! Welcome, I'm glad you are here reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm in from the beginning of this one for a change!
Hey! Welcome! Did you hear how well the NS Dismeet GTKTW fundraiser did yesterday? $13000!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Joining in!

We're staying at Sports for the first time next month, so I'm curious to see how you liked it!
Welcome! I'll get started soon, and there will be many pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponATime15 View Post
Following along
Welcome! Love your name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
following along of course!
Hello again! Welcome!

My Trip Reports:

Last edited by DisneyFreak06; 08-11-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: