Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
AdandO
Earning My Ears

Outer Rim in Contemporary ?

Just wondering if you are able to take drinks from the Outer Rim to Contempo Cafe. Also, would it be totally weird to bring food from Contempo Cafe into Outer Rim? The drinkers in my family are not too excited about the wine and cocktail choices at the cafe . Considering most nights will be spent at MK for our trip, this may be their only chance to booze it up! Thanks for helping a first time poster!
AdandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can do either. If you ask for the drinks "to go", the bartenders at the Outer Rim will put them in disposable cups for you. You can basically walk around with drinks anywhere; you just can't take drinks in or out of the parks.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
AdandO
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks!!
AdandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

We are doing a monorail pub crawl and were going to end at the Top of The World Lounge (DVC members)....Is the atmosphere/views from the Outer Rim comparable? Last time I was at TOTWL there were soooo many toddlers, strollers etc. Really not a lounge feel at all.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
We are doing a monorail pub crawl and were going to end at the Top of The World Lounge (DVC members)....Is the atmosphere/views from the Outer Rim comparable? Last time I was at TOTWL there were soooo many toddlers, strollers etc. Really not a lounge feel at all.
No. The views out the window are not comparable. However, the views of the toddlers and strollers are.

♥ Melissa
Old 08-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
People hang out here waiting on ADRs for Chef Mickeys, most of them using the chairs without drinking. Kind of takes away from the atmosphere. I wish Outer Rim opened in the afternoon so that people could enjoy the view and the atmosphere with a bit more peace and quiet.

Tambu at Poly is the same way but at least they open earlier in the day, well before Ohana diners start showing up.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-am View Post
People hang out here waiting on ADRs for Chef Mickeys, most of them using the chairs without drinking. Kind of takes away from the atmosphere. I wish Outer Rim opened in the afternoon so that people could enjoy the view and the atmosphere with a bit more peace and quiet.

Tambu at Poly is the same way but at least they open earlier in the day, well before Ohana diners start showing up.
Well, The Wave is open at noon -- it and Tambu are the only lounges in the MK resort area open before dinner. It's shocked me for years that a hotel as expensive as the GF offers only a pool bar to people who want midday libations.
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotoalf View Post
Well, The Wave is open at noon -- it and Tambu are the only lounges in the MK resort area open before dinner. It's shocked me for years that a hotel as expensive as the GF offers only a pool bar to people who want midday libations.
Yes, this is true. The Wave is cool but it doesn't have the views of Bay Lake or the monorail, though!

I agree it's weird that GF (or any other deluxes for that matter) don't have lounges that open earlier unless you count the pool bar.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #9
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Melissa View Post
No. The views out the window are not comparable. However, the views of the toddlers and strollers are.
Lol.Thanks. I think I know the area.... right outside Chef Mickeys and Contemporary Cafe? If so its more like a waiting area than lounge.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #10
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

Ever since The Wave opened, my group (and the Contemporary itself, for that matter) have ceded Outer Rim to Chef Mickey's as a glorified waiting area.
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #11
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol.Thanks. I think I know the area.... right outside Chef Mickeys and Contemporary Cafe? If so its more like a waiting area than lounge.
That's the one! All the ambiance of an airport terminal.

♥ Melissa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: