Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #16
Disneymomma0783
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
Let's hope so!
Agree!!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #17
herb102211
DIS Veteran

When we were there in July, they were scanning every guest's Magic Band. They're pretty strict about that, which is good!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 12/14- BWI
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #18
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymomma0783 View Post
Hi all! We are so excited...first stay at BC booked for October 2015!

This will probably sound rather paranoid, but I have been reading online where people make it their mission to swim there despite not being a guest. Can anyone tell me, is security actually pretty decent or does it get filled with illegal hoppers?

Sorry to sound so lame...I just could never imagine going to a pool at a hotel I was NOT staying at! We are also staying at AKL...do people swim there despite not being registered guests too?
We had and ADR at Beaches & Cream in October 2013 and we couldn't even get close to the pool (or pass by in order to get to B&C) without being guests at the hotel... Every entry has a "guardian".

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #19
ojeight
Earning My Ears

We are leaving for Disney tomorrow we have a group of 22. I don't plan on using the pool but one of party members has MS which limits the number hours she can stay in the park so a nice pool area is important for her as she will spend a lot of time there so we choose the Yacht Club just for the pool. It would be sad if she or someone else in a similar situation couldn't get a seat & relax after spending the premium price for the Yacht Club because guests from other resorts were using the pool. It might not seem like that big of deal to some but it's similar to getting a reservation at restaurant and showing up at another and expecting a seat. Everyone puts a lot of planning into the trips and one thing we included in out planning was the pool area.
ojeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #20
Disneymomma0783
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojeight View Post
We are leaving for Disney tomorrow we have a group of 22. I don't plan on using the pool but one of party members has MS which limits the number hours she can stay in the park so a nice pool area is important for her as she will spend a lot of time there so we choose the Yacht Club just for the pool. It would be sad if she or someone else in a similar situation couldn't get a seat & relax after spending the premium price for the Yacht Club because guests from other resorts were using the pool. It might not seem like that big of deal to some but it's similar to getting a reservation at restaurant and showing up at another and expecting a seat. Everyone puts a lot of planning into the trips and one thing we included in out planning was the pool area.
This exactly
Hope you and your group have a wonderful trip!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #21
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I think wouldn't mind for a "Pool hopper in your hotel category" (Like Universal) if the pools were all in the same category. Although I love AKL pool and appreciated the Poly Pool, there are no comparison with Stormalong Bay.

I know I wasn't caring about it during our first trip to Disney, I wouldn't have been shocked to see swimmers from other resorts (however, I've always felt it was not fair to swim in another pool so we never did) ...

... but as time goes buy, I realize that we've been spending a lot of money in order to use those amenities so we're entitled to it and those who didn't pay are not.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #22
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

Hope so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
Let's hope so!
We were at SAB during the Summer Months and it was crowded...

HAPPY that magic bands are checked and I "second the motion" that magic bands would be a good idea of checking at all resorts!

As the saying goes, "YOU WANT TO PLAY, YOU GOTTA PAY"!!!

Are we really "semi empty nesters" now?
Getting "over the hump" with youngest DS in college!
LOVING our new FLEXIBILITY with DVC!::
CAN'T WAIT for our December trip!
jerseygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #23
abner1776
DIS Veteran

With respect to the poster that was at AKL and encountered non-ALK guests using the pool, keep in mind that DVC members staying on points have certain pool hopping privileges available to them(not SAB though) that are not available to non-DVC members. From what the person was talking about on the phone it would not appear that they are DVC members, but you never know.

The pool hopping privileges are generally not a big deal, but they could be if your resorts pool is shutdown for renovation as is the case with the WL pool.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: