Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
pemberly
Earning My Ears

WL trip - Question for those staying at Poly when pool is closed . . .

Wilderness Lodge main pool is scheduled to be closed during our next trip -blah. I have seen some info where folks who are staying at Poly while the pool is closed there received tickets to a waterpark (BB, I think).

There are some rumors/questions on some WL threads I am reading as to whether waterpark tickets will be offered to the WL guests due to this same situation. There is also some questions about the folks staying in the WL Villas as to whether they would get the same ticket offer as regular WL guests. Currently, all they tell you is that you can use the quiet pool at WL or head to FT Wilderness pool or over to the Contemporary pool instead. Some people say they just give waterpark tickets to you as a perk without asking, others say you have to specifically request them before you go, etc.

Question for the Poly folks who were offered waterpark tickets - did you have to call beforehand to "request them" or are they simply given to you when you check in?

Pool at WL isn't actually closed yet and people have different opinions on what the deal will be (if any at all).

Just wondering how it worked at Poly - thanks for any info . . .
pemberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
njsmama
Mouseketeer

We were staying at WLV during the closure (but changed). In the letter I received from WDW, they said we could use the pools at CR and at Ft. Wilderness. No water park tickets. The folks at the Poly are getting a 1 day pass to BB automatically. This is information I got from WDW. I'm curious to see what will happen once WL pool closes....
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsmama View Post
We were staying at WLV during the closure (but changed). In the letter I received from WDW, they said we could use the pools at CR and at Ft. Wilderness. No water park tickets. The folks at the Poly are getting a 1 day pass to BB automatically. This is information I got from WDW. I'm curious to see what will happen once WL pool closes....
They've actually changed that 1-day BB pass to a length of stay. OP, I haven't heard any confirmation on WL guests being offered the same but anything is possible.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Poly Guests have unlimited visits to Blizzard Beach.

Their Magicbands are scanned at BB to verify they are Poly Guests.

They also get free Towel rentals and can refill their Poly Mugs at BB.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: