Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Happy Snowman
DIS Veteran

Different length of stay for the same room?

It's possible that our kids can get to Disney before I do if we end up going in October. Their school break is such that they could get there on Thursday but I won't get there until late on Friday. Can we have different length of stays on our park passes staying in the same room? I would just have park passes for Saturday and Sunday but they would want to be able to have Thurs-Sunday. Also, is there a minimum age for checking in? They are 19 and 20? We won't e there long enough to do a meal plan, I don't think, but if we could, same question there.
Happy Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

I have no knowledge of the check in age, however, I have and will be doing soon, had many different lengths of stay for the same room. For example, in February 2015, I'm checkin in on Wednesday and others are checking in on Thursday and Friday and some are checking out Sunday and others Monday.

Tom
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Checkin age is 18! My dd went right after high school graduation...she was 18, her friends were still 17. She was the primary person since it was our DVC resort they were in. No issues what so ever.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
Happy Snowman
DIS Veteran

ok--good to know!! I was hesitating because of the different arrival times and wasn't sure if they had to be 21...might need to start doing more planning :D
Happy Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Yes, we are doing this as well, but in the opposite as my son will be joining us later in our trip. You can either book a package for your kids and then just add yourself on later and purchase your passes separately, or you can just book the room only, and purchase everyone's tickets separately and assign them to the correct people in MDE.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
you can just book the room only, and purchase everyone's tickets separately and assign them to the correct people in MDE.
This is the easiest way to do it. Book a room-only for all of your dates and then buy your tickets separately as you want different ticket lengths. (if you buy a package with tickets, all tickets need to be the same). Then link the tickets on MDE and you are all set to go with room, tickets and ability to schedule FP+ reservations. The only downside of doing this is you will be on the room the whole time, which means there will be a slight extra adult fee even for the nights you aren't staying there. The only way to avoid this is to not add yourself to the reservation until you arrive, but then you won't get MDE or the ability to book FP+ until you get there.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: