Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #31
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
Entertainment? Please elaborate. I am picturing something like Clark Griswold dancing in lederhosen in European Vacation.
There is an Oompah band that plays. Here is the schedule: http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=c...&charDetails=1 There is a dance floor and people get up and dance. It is really fun.

I'm sure you can find some great videos on youtube.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #32
btk2333
BCV DVC owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
There is an Oompah band that plays. Here is the schedule: http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=c...&charDetails=1 There is a dance floor and people get up and dance. It is really fun.

I'm sure you can find some great videos on youtube.
exactly- it's fun and they're great with kids!
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #33
disnut8
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure what the unpopularity folks are saying but my husband and I are fans. We are post 50s. My son and his family are fans (kids in the 30s, grandkids in teens). Vegetarians (not vegan) brother-in-law a fan. Mother-in-law - PICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -fan.

But, I do understand the hesitation. My granddaughter (at the time, age 5), on her first visit wanted to know about a sauerkraut smell. No problems and she loved it. Brother-in-law and mother-in-law were also hesitant but enjoyed their meals.

For my husband and I, we are opposite eaters. I don't like the meat stuff all that much (not vegetarian) and he doesn't eat vegetables. But, for our Thanksgiving lunch, we are at the Biergarten. Both will be stuffed and full. The band is great and the atmosphere wonderful. It also helps that my husband was in Germany at a hall like this and enjoyed very much.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #34
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
I'm sure there is something for everyone.

How does everyone feel about sharing tables? I think it may be fun, but is there a down side?
My experience with communal dining at WDW is it's really hit or miss depending on who you're seated with.

You could end up with some fun table mates and have some light conversation and meet interesting people. Or you can be seated with people who are HORRIFIED! that a "stranger" was seated at "their table" and who won't acknowledge your presence or even reply when you say "hi".

I've experienced both.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #35
splinsky
Earning My Ears

I don't think sitting at the group tables with strangers is that big of a deal. Make a little conversation, or don't. DisneyWorld is full of people you don't know, is it really any weirder than riding on a boat in the Jungle Cruise?

My family loves German food and we love Biergarten! It is a tradition every trip.

Sarah
splinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #36
btk2333
BCV DVC owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
My experience with communal dining at WDW is it's really hit or miss depending on who you're seated with.

You could end up with some fun table mates and have some light conversation and meet interesting people. Or you can be seated with people who are HORRIFIED! that a "stranger" was seated at "their table" and who won't acknowledge your presence or even reply when you say "hi".

I've experienced both.
haha I agree with this comment.

We've had both experiences as well. Granted one time it was DW, me, and our two best friends (also married) and we all ordered a beer flight, then a family of four (mom, dad, and two kids maybe 6 and 8) so we may not have been the ideal pair for that family...

Personally I enjoy the communal seating- everyone has something in common at least some sort of Disney enjoyment.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #37
Jskbr
Earning My Ears

You have to sit with other people when you dine on the cruise ships usually...
2010 Carribean Beach
2012 Offsite condo Celibrity Resorts
countdown to Dec 2014 pop? AOA?
Jskbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #38
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

We enjoy Biergarten!!! I do not care for sauerkraut or sausages and I stuffed myself anyway. There is a lot of choices from carved meats and roasted chicken to salads and desserts. The sides include veggies, potatoes and mac n cheese. Everyone should be able to find something to eat. If you are interested I have a link in my signature that has our report from last September when we ate lunch there. It is the first review and there are lots of pictures of the buffet so you will be able to see some choices. I think it is a great choice for an ADR. Enj

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #39
jacknsally19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
We enjoy Biergarten!!! I do not care for sauerkraut or sausages and I stuffed myself anyway. There is a lot of choices from carved meats and roasted chicken to salads and desserts. The sides include veggies, potatoes and mac n cheese. Everyone should be able to find something to eat. If you are interested I have a link in my signature that has our report from last September when we ate lunch there. It is the first review and there are lots of pictures of the buffet so you will be able to see some choices. I think it is a great choice for an ADR. Enj
I just looked at your pictures of Biergarten and it made me want to cancel my upcoming Akerhaus reservation and switch to Biergarten! Personally, my family really likes Biergarten and we've eaten their many times. But we have a german heritage and grew up eating those types of food. My DD LOVED the entertainment their last time we went and frankly, I think it was the most fun she had during the entire week at WDW. Thank goodness Epcot has so many options that each of us can find at least one place that suits are needs! (I wish the other parks would follow suit)
jacknsally19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #40
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

It's not going to work for the folks who say "my child will eat only breaded, fried chicken nuggets shaped precisely like the state of Pennsylvania and quarter-inch-cut french fries with ketchup and no salt" but there's stuff here for just about everybody - sausages, beef, roast chicken, mac and cheese, potatoes, all kinds of salad - as long as you are not into totally unseasoned steak and baked potatoes (I know some people are)
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #41
Iowajes
Mouseketeer

I like that they do communal dining tables. When I was in Germany (granted that was 20 years ago) almost everywhere we ate out did that too. It makes the restaurant more authentic, in my view.
Iowajes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #42
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknsally19 View Post
I just looked at your pictures of Biergarten and it made me want to cancel my upcoming Akerhaus reservation and switch to Biergarten! Personally, my family really likes Biergarten and we've eaten their many times. But we have a german heritage and grew up eating those types of food. My DD LOVED the entertainment their last time we went and frankly, I think it was the most fun she had during the entire week at WDW. Thank goodness Epcot has so many options that each of us can find at least one place that suits are needs! (I wish the other parks would follow suit)
Our grandkids loved the enteratinment also. They liked being able to dance and of course hollering out OY! OY! OY!

I also like the various choices that Epcot provides. We could probably dine there every night if we really wanted to.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #43
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have a large selection of beer and or do they carry any wine (I know it is a Biergarten),

Jennifer
Jen7079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #44
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Yes on the beer (I would not call it a LARGE selection but they have several varieties and some of it is indeed German), yes on the wine (they even have German wine flights)
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #45
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
Yes on the beer (I would not call it a LARGE selection but they have several varieties and some of it is indeed German), yes on the wine (they even have German wine flights)
Thank you!
Jen7079 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: