Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #16
Figment Mom
Mouseketeer

I'm curious as to what type of illness you're talking about. I'm asking because we're at Pop now. Whenever we're in the room ds's nose and throat get irritated and he has gone through two boxes of tissues. He was so miserable last night he asked me to "call them so they can fix it."
When we leave the room it clears up.

I thought maybe it was the a/c so I been turned it off 2 nights ago but it didn't make a difference.
Figment Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #17
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment Mom View Post
I'm curious as to what type of illness you're talking about. I'm asking because we're at Pop now. Whenever we're in the room ds's nose and throat get irritated and he has gone through two boxes of tissues. He was so miserable last night he asked me to "call them so they can fix it."

I thought maybe it was the a/c so I been turned it off 2 nights ago but it didn't make a difference.
If it goes away and only comes back when he's in the room, then i think what your son is looking at is allergies. He's allergic to something in the room. Maybe a lot of dust? maybe mould? Who knows.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #18
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It sounds like he might be allergic to something in your room, especially since he's fine when you leave the room.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #19
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

We tried to stay at POP a couple years ago. It was a disaster, we went into the room and the door hit the bed, I had to slide in the room, crawl over the bed to get in. Then, the lights would not come on in the bathroom, then when they did it was dirty, the bed sheets were on the floor, trash in the trash can and on the dresser. Then the smell, it was musty and moldy and disgusting. I did not even bring the suitcase in, back down we went. After talking to several cast member and finally a mgr. + 3 hours. I guess the manager I was talking too went to see the room, They moved us over to CBR, at no charge I would have paid for the move, I just knew I wasn't staying in that resort. Now I will say, that the cast members where very nice, during all that.. But sorta seem blaugh about it, like they had heard it before. After that our trip was magical.

We haven't stayed at a Value until January of this year, at AOA in a lion King Room... Boy that was a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to go back.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:

I would tell the front desk and ask to switch rooms. If not, ask for a deep cleaning.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #21
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

I actually love Pop. Out of all the values, it just seems to have the calmest atmosphere.

However, I've always found the cooked to order food at the food court to be revolting. The first time we stayed there, I saw the food on someone's tray as they were paying and, just, no. Yuck. I have found their salads to be really nice, though. Aside from that, I'll stick with things like a bagel or a croissant. We usually only stay for a day at the beginning of a trip so it's not a big deal to eat elsewhere.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #22
Lolsmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
My youngest throws up at least once every trip. I don't think it's anything in the rooms, especially if it hasn't happened to you before.

I Lysol within an inch of my life and she still picks up something.
I was like that as a kid. Every single trip longer than about 2 hours from home and you could guarantee I'd throw up at some point. Honestly, I don't think it was any kind of illness but just a reaction to the change in water or something. My grandparents just planned on me being sick for a day or two when I would visit, and I promise you my grandmother did not keep a dirty home.
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #23
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride03 View Post
Also, the workers in the Food Court area and check out were the most un-magical thing about this trip. I've NEVER felt like Pop Century had "workers". They all used to be so chipper and happy to be there and helpful. I had several workers that had eyes half-open, couldn't explain policy and looked at me like I asked them to build a rocket when making meal modifications. Speaking of food...the food was awful!!! I don't remember the food being so cafeteria-like in all our other stays!!
This sounds very similar to my experience at Pop last fall, unfortunately.

Thankfully I didn't get sick there, but I did get eaten alive by bugs.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #24
Huskiesrule
Earning My Ears

I have always had a great time at POP and this is where I choose to stay at WDW for more than a couple days. Any issues I have had regarding a room were taken care off as quick as possible by housekeeping or the maint. people. If you think something is off, I would call and get the room switched/cleaned or whatever to make yourself more comfortable. After all, you are on vacation and should be having fun!
Huskiesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #25
dpswift
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I would tell the front desk and ask to switch rooms. If not, ask for a deep cleaning.
I would call no reason for him to be so miserable. He is on vacation too. He is not going to continue to have fun if he cannot sleep.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #26
bride03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I wanted to add that, without fail, whenever a poster complains about a 'horrible' experience at a resort (bad service etc), it always has to do with their kid or a family member getting sick. This isnt a jab at anyone, rather just a curiousity....im just curious, what type of service does one expect when a child or family member is sick? What did the staff NOT do that was so horribly wrong? Maybe my expectations are different than most? But if my kid gets sick, I take care of him. If I need the bed sheets changed, i'll call housekeeping and wait until someone comes. I realise that it might be a bit of a wait as im not the only one at the resort and im sure the staff get this sort of thing all the time. I wouldnt expect the staff to wait on us hand and foot, or bring a doctor to my room. I just dont understand....and its a constant complaint on these boards "my kid was sick and the CM's were horrible!" I dont understand? Help me understand...
Oh no! That's not what I was saying at all. I get what you mean though. No, I wasn't that sick at all. Just stuffy nose and sinus pressure. The staff being awful at Food Courts was separate.

I said the food complaint and staff complaint because this is my hotel! I love it and it was clear last week that things had changed.
bride03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #27
bride03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm curious as to what type of illness you're talking about. I'm asking because we're at Pop now. Whenever we're in the room ds's nose and throat get irritated and he has gone through two boxes of tissues. He was so miserable last night he asked me to "call them so they can fix it." When we leave the room it clears up. I thought maybe it was the a/c so I been turned it off 2 nights ago but it didn't make a difference.
Omg!!! That's the same as with me!!!! Ask to change rooms!!!
bride03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #28
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Reminds me of that story of the family - staying I'm pretty sure at Pop - with the people cooking meth in the room next door! They got sick too; maybe that was the problem!
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #29
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Us too. Stayed many times, and always had great experiences all around, even with the staff. I love that resort. I will admit thou, the food court use to be A LOT better. It sucks now. Such a shame.

I wanted to add that, without fail, whenever a poster complains about a 'horrible' experience at a resort (bad service etc), it always has to do with their kid or a family member getting sick. This isnt a jab at anyone, rather just a curiousity....im just curious, what type of service does one expect when a child or family member is sick? What did the staff NOT do that was so horribly wrong? Maybe my expectations are different than most? But if my kid gets sick, I take care of him. If I need the bed sheets changed, i'll call housekeeping and wait until someone comes. I realise that it might be a bit of a wait as im not the only one at the resort and im sure the staff get this sort of thing all the time. I wouldnt expect the staff to wait on us hand and foot, or bring a doctor to my room. I just dont understand....and its a constant complaint on these boards "my kid was sick and the CM's were horrible!" I dont understand? Help me understand...
I would have appreciated a little kindness when my dd was injured one trip. Dd and another child smacked heads walking at DD. We went in Rainforest Cafe for dinner and my dd vomited while walking to the table . I decided to take her back to the room, what a nightmare getting to the room without a car. Basically dd vomited over and over. We took the boat to POR. Our room was far from the boat dock and I couldn't carry her (I think she was 6 or 7 at the time), I asked a bell services for a ride to the room and was told, not very nicely, that it would be quite awhile. They did give me bags for her to vomit in. I saw a taxi and asked him if he could give us a ride to the room, he did and wouldn't take any money. At the room I decided dd must have a concussion, she had been vomiting almost continuously. Called 911, they asked if she was over tired or had too much to eat. Finally got to hospital and dd did have a concussion. We were checking out the next day to head over to Universal, I asked for late check out, could not be accommodated. The housekeeper stood outside our room waiting for us to leave for over an hour (We left the room at 11am). Disney CMs were not helpful or kind in any way. The taxi driver was most helpful and kind.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #30
MKMomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride03 View Post
Oh no! That's not what I was saying at all. I get what you mean though. No, I wasn't that sick at all. Just stuffy nose and sinus pressure. The staff being awful at Food Courts was separate.

I said the food complaint and staff complaint because this is my hotel! I love it and it was clear last week that things had changed.
Stuffy nose and sinus pressure is from the air conditioning. We had the same thing our last trip.
MKMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pop century

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: