Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
onmyway2
Earning My Ears

Pick up time from WDW Resort by DCL bus

I've searched and can't find much information about the Disney Cruise Line bus service. We're staying in WDW prior to our cruise next month. I want to do online check-in for both this weekend.
Does anyone know what time the bus will pick us up to go to the port?
onmyway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway2 View Post
I've searched and can't find much information about the Disney Cruise Line bus service. We're staying in WDW prior to our cruise next month. I want to do online check-in for both this weekend.
Does anyone know what time the bus will pick us up to go to the port?
The DCL busses from WDW resorts typically pick up anywhere from 10:45-12:30. Each bus may stop at one or more resorts to fill up before departing for the port.

You won't know your specific pickup time until the night before (you are picked up for the cruise), when you receive a letter in your room with this information.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
safeti01
Mouseketeer

Smile

On the the Fantasy 2/1 cruise. My wife and I stayed the BLT and were the 2nd pickup of the morning. The bus came at 11:30 from GF and had eight seats left. A second bus pulled up and picked up the rest of the group. In talking with their rep she stated that POP and AoA are always the last to be picked up. This normally occurred at 12:30 to 1:00. We arrived at the port at 12:35.

At the port, talking with DCL rep about busses, he stated that the AoA bus had picked a full load and a second bus was being that one about 15 minutes from POP to pick up the rest of the people. They arrived just before 2:45.
safeti01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
Drusilla99
Mouseketeer

In april for an Easter sailing, we were picked up at por at 11:30, bus had other people on it, but wasn't full until our hotel. We got to port & on ship by 1:15 ish.
Drusilla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

We take Tiffiney town Car to the port. If you're a family of 4 it's the same price as the bus and you can have them pick you up whenever you want. Plus they'll stop at the store if you want to pick up liquor, sodas,etc. we've used Tiffiney for years ( 13 Disney cruises) and have always gotten good service.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeti01 View Post
On the the Fantasy 2/1 cruise. My wife and I stayed the BLT and were the 2nd pickup of the morning. The bus came at 11:30 from GF and had eight seats left. A second bus pulled up and picked up the rest of the group. In talking with their rep she stated that POP and AoA are always the last to be picked up. This normally occurred at 12:30 to 1:00. We arrived at the port at 12:35.

At the port, talking with DCL rep about busses, he stated that the AoA bus had picked a full load and a second bus was being that one about 15 minutes from POP to pick up the rest of the people. They arrived just before 2:45.
i don't know that to be true. we always stay at pop and have been picked up at 11:30 each times we took dcl transfers. at the port before 12:30 and on the ship by 12:45ish.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: