Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
uflaw
Mouseketeer

Which Beach in Cozumel

Hello All:

We are a group of 11, 4 adults and 7 (yes 7!) children . Girls Ages 15, 14, 11, 10, and boys ages 10, 10 and 9.

We would like to do a beach day in Cozumel and are looking for advice as to which of the beach areas are the best for this family of crazies?

Adults would like to chill and I am sure the boys would like more excitement.

Girls, well are girls and I don't know much about that.

I know the ones I have read about are:

Chankanaab Park
Nachi Cocom
Mr Sanchos
Isla Pasion
Paradise Beach

Any input would be awesome.

Cheers!
uflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
jburge12000
Mouseketeer

We did Paradise beach last year. Was a $10 cab fare. You had to pay to use their facilities but I think it was about $10 per person. Had inflatables in the water to play on, no real waves when we went. Snorkeling off of a pier was OK. Had a rock climbing wall and some other activities you could do by the main building. They did have jet ski's and banana boats but you paid extra for that. You could use the pool that was very nice and the food was good. My wife got a massage in one of the cabanas on the beach and she said it was great. Showers by the pool so we could get the sand off before we headed back to the boat.

We had originally planned on doing the Fury Catamaran tour with DCL but everything got cancelled that day because of rip tides. All beach excursions were called off. We did Paradise beach on our own and had a great day with no problems. I think Paradise beach might be the same beach that the Fury Catamaran stops at, it looks just like the pictures on the Port Adventure site for it.

Jan 2012 - Dream Bahamas, Nov. 2012 - Fantasy Western Caribbean, Oct. 2013 - Dream Halloween on the High Seas, Aug. 2014 - Wonder Alaska
jburge12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

We have gone to Paradise Beach twice now and have enjoyed ourselves both times.

It is only around $10 is if you choose to get the bracelet that lets you use all the water toy. Then its only like $3 per person. The kids get one and we adults don't. The $3 includes use of the pool and you get an umbrella and lounger.

The food and drinks were very good. You will have a waiter assigned to you, so you never have to leave your chair if you don't want to. I actually like that its not all inclusive. I don't eat or drink nearly enough.
BrookeMQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed Playa Mia. There was an open bar with frozen drinks and lots to do. There was a nice water park with slides for the kids and an inflatable obstacle course (like on the show Wipeout) that you had to swim out to and kayaks. The pool was beautiful and the tile loungers were so relaxing I didn't want to leave. It wasn't the most glamorous place, but we knew that going in so it wasn't a problem.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
CruisingSarah
Mouseketeer

We went to Passion Island by Twister, here's what I wrote about it at the time:

Quote:
For Cozumel we booked an excursion through Disney called 'Passion Island by Twister' it was fun!!! It was basically a fast 24 person speedboat ride to a private beachclub. The boat crew were really nice fun guys, they played rock music on the way there, they drove the boat fast and it bumped over the waves Then when close to the beach club and in the calm waters of the lagoon they did the twister tricks where they spun the boat round 360 degrees which would cause a huge splash over the side of the boat You wear your swimming suit on board and they stow your bags in lockers in the front of the boat. It was real fun, and I was nervous to start with but it was great! 8 is the minimum age and they are really safety conscious with everyone wearing a life vest and wearing a safety harness. The beach club was really nice, beautiful white sand and palms, and extremely clean. There is an open bar(free drinks) and a buffet lunch, there are a couple of huge iguanas that we saw which my son liked, the hostess cannot do enough for you, there are organised beach games and a very nice kids play area with trampolines, toys and paint and craft activities. The water is wavey and has sea weed so is not clear sadly, and when we were there the wind was strong so there were no water activites which was a shame as normally there would have been inflatable tethered climbing and trampolining toys for the kids as well as kayaks, windsurfs and other stuff. It was a really lovely place.
Hope this helps

Fantasy 7 night Eastern 24th October 2015

Past:

Magic in the Med Aug 23rd 2014
Fantasy 7 night Western Oct 26th 2013
Wonder in Alaska Aug 23rd 2011
Magic in the Med Aug 7th 2010
Many great cruises on RCI
CruisingSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

We just went to Paradise Beach during our July 5th Fantasy cruise.

We took a cab with another family. We paid $25 pp for the roundtrip cab and entrance to the Beach Club. We did not have to pay any extra for chairs or umbrellas or to use any of the water stuff like inflatables icebergs, float mats, etc. We paid for food/booze out of pocket. They had a great inground pool that we used when we were done at the beach. Decent restrooms.

Our driver waited for us. Reading previous posters don't know if we got ripped off or not but we had a great day and it was cheaper than DCL's beach excursion.

Going to upload some pics.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Last edited by mmouse37; 07-27-2014 at 07:13 AM.
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
mybeachbabies
Mouseketeer

We also enjoyed our day at Playa Mia (Disney's Cozumel Beach Break excursion). The inflatable area out in the water is great for older kids although you may want a parent to go out there with them because it is slippery. They have a beautiful pool and water slides. The beach chairs are close to the water so you can sit back and relax and still supervise the kids. The drinks are included and very good. Very nice, fun, relaxing day.

Dream 11/6/11 ~ Wonder MR 3/18/12 ~ Wonder Pacific Coast 10/7/12 ~ Fantasy Eastern 6/15/13 ~ Wonder San Diego 5/17/14 ~ Fantasy Western 6/7/14
mybeachbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #8
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Ok, here are some pics of Paradise Beach Club.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #9
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

We loved Chankanaab, but we were a group of 6 adults! We were looking for relaxation, tropical drinks, and snorkling. It was perfect for us! But with your group, I think you can find a place with more water toys.

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #10
cscream13
Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting the pictures of Paradise Beach. We have been researching the same decision for a beach club day in Cozumel and appreciate seeing what it looks like!

**Next Up - Fantasy Western Halloween Cruise - October 2014!

DCL Fantasy 11/13 (Eastern)
Oceania Riviera 05/12 (Mediterranean)
Norwegian Jewel 06/11 (Bahamas)
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 12/10 (Bahamas)
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 07/10 (Bermuda)
NCL Pride of America 09/09 (Hawaii)
Star Princess 01/06 (Western)
cscream13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #11
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

We have done Paradise Beach twice in the past year now and really enjoyed it.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #12
uflaw
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been to Mr Sanchos? A little worried it might be a party atmosphere.
uflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #13
Dan29racing
Earning My Ears

My mother, wife, and twin 7 month olds were at Mr Sancho's two years ago during the first week of March. It was very laid back, especially on the all inclusive side. The complex was spread out with multiple venues so i would think you could find a spot that would fill whatever mood you were in!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #14
for my family
Mouseketeer

Paradise Beach is the one for you. Easy cab ride. Cheap cover charge, I think it was $3 pp. Great pool, free wi-fi and computers at the bar. Beach was nice enough and as others have mentioned, fun water toys. Something for everyone.

MJ, great photos! That's how I remember it.
for my family is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: