Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #16
tortoni
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I'm on the a Wonder next month so will have to do some pre shopping.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #17
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
Wait so if you tell them your travel agent you get the OBC from the travel agent too? We use Small World Travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
Yes they usually ask if you have a TA. Just name them when you make the reservation. If you forget you have 30 days to transfer the reservation to a TA.
While it's true that you can transfer an OBB to a TA within 30 days of booking, be aware that most TAs offer a reduced OBC for transferred reservations. (An exception to this is Costco Travel -- they give the same cash card even if you transfer to them). If you know you'll be using a TA, it's best to name them when you book onboard. If you didn't use that TA for the cruise you're on, DCL will need to know the name of the company, the name of the individual TA (if there is one), and their corporate phone number.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #18
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer

We've never received a code and never booked on board. We've been on two Disney cruises thus far. We should have booked on board, but didn't realize you can transfer bookings!

Wonder if Canadians don't receive codes?
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #19
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

There is one question that I can't find the answer for, maybe someone can help me.

If I book a cruise on opening day say March 2015, and take a cruise I have had booked in July 2015. I then book a cruise onboard July 2015 cruise for 2016 do I pay the price of the cruise at the time of July 2015 cruise or do they take the price from the opening day booking in March 2015.

I hope this makes sense, but I can't find the answer for it.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #20
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Only 10%? that's not that great of a discount
Given the high prices of many Disney cruises, 10% off can save hundreds of dollars - and perhaps several grand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
There is one question that I can't find the answer for, maybe someone can help me.

If I book a cruise on opening day say March 2015, and take a cruise I have had booked in July 2015. I then book a cruise onboard July 2015 cruise for 2016 do I pay the price of the cruise at the time of July 2015 cruise or do they take the price from the opening day booking in March 2015.

You pay the price in effect on the day you book the cruise.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #21
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Given the high prices of many Disney cruises, 10% off can save hundreds of dollars - and perhaps several grand.

You pay the price in effect on the day you book the cruise.
Thank you so much. I would think that I wouldn't get anything back with the deposit, but the other 10% would just go towards the balance. I am more interested in the OBC.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #22
plutosbuddie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm on the a Wonder next month so will have to do some pre shopping.
Is that your doggie?!?! So cute!!! Give him/her a hug for me! <3
plutosbuddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #23
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Keep in mind that there are now 'black out' dates where you can book the cruise, but won't get the discount. Some of the holiday cruises are included in the 'black out' list.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #24
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post

Sorry, you lost me............

ME DH DS
Disneyland- hundreds of times
Disneyland Hotel 6/05,12/05
Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05
WDW 2/04, 6/05, 5/12, 10/14, 10/15
Port Orleans Riverside 2/04 & 6/05
All Star Movies Resort 5/12
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 9/30/15
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Disney Fantasy 10/18/14 & 10/10/15
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:17 AM   #25
SillyInventor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry, you lost me............
If you book on board the 10% discount is applied tot the rate of your cruise on the day of your OBB. This means that if you booked your cruise before (like on opening day) and the price has gone up you will not save money by rebooking on board.

Example:
Opening day price: $1.000 --> you book this on opening day from home of through a Travel Agent

situation 1: When booking OB price has increased to $1.100. You get 10% of this rate in discount: $110,- and OBC $100 (or $200 with 7 night and longer). This means you will benefit from rebooking on board.

situation 2: When booking OB price has increased to $1.500. On this rate OBB discount will be $150 and OBC still $100. Now you will pay more when you rebook compared to your original booking
So you keep the original booking and apply your OB perks to the cruise after that next one

Hope this clarifies
Old 07-25-2014, 05:36 AM   #26
DisneyHelen
Mouseketeer

Please be aware that popular cruises can increase in price quickly after first booking day. I booked 7 day norwegian cruise first week they came out and rechecked on our cruise in may and the onboard booking would have been more expensive!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:43 AM   #27
SillyInventor
Mouseketeer

You are right as Norwegian Fjords is a popular (and not very common) destination for DCL. At the moment only 3 cruises are offered:

06/06/2015: 7 nights from Copenhagen
06/20/2015: 9 nights from Copenhagen
06/29/2015: 11 nights Copenhagen to Dover (already sold out!)
And no guarantee DCL will return to Northern Europe in 2016

Compare that to the weekly DCL offerings year round to the Bahama's and the Caribbean and you instantly understand the skyrocketing prices for the Fjord cruises.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #28
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

After reading multiple Onboard booking threads here I was under the impression that I could book a 'dummy' date using the cheapest option and later transfer that to another date, and transfer yet again indefinitely until I decided to actually cruise.

When we sat down with the Onboard agent he gave us the date they were currently using for dummy dates (Dec. 6 I think) but then told me I had to sail within 18 months of that or I would lose the 10% discount and the onboard credit.

I asked him straight out: is there any benefit to me booking today if I don't plan to sail within 18 months. He said no.

This was confusing because I was under the impression (from threads here) that we could continue to move the date as long as we wanted and still get the savings? I figured he was the expert though, so we didn't rebook. Did I misunderstand something?

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #29
dcassetta
Mouseketeer

You used to be able to do an OBB with a dummy date and then move it multiple times. Disney has changed that policy, so now you must sail within 18 months of the date you make your onboard booking.

\
I've eaten at 159 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
dcassetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #30
SillyInventor
Mouseketeer

Starting 12/12/2013 DCL has issued the rule that your On Board Booked cruise must be completed within 18 months of the day you book your (dummy) OBB. At the same moment the reduced 10% deposit was limited to cruises of 7 nights or longer. Within that timeframe of 18 monts you can change the cruise you want as many times as you wish. Keep in mind that for any of the reservation you must PIF before the PIF date even if you wish to move the date again or the booking will be canceled an the OBB discount lost.

This means that if you are definitely not planning to book a cruise within 18 months there is no point in booking while on board and the DCL person you spoke to was right. However in older threads on the boards than December 2013 you will see the old rules discussed.

The DisneycruiselineBlog wrote this article on the subject:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...ose-18-months/

For info purposes the OBB request form can be found here:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-c...-June-2014.pdf

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: