Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

Is AOA suite worth $900 upgrade from POP??

We are traveling with a very active toddler who will absolutely need to nap during the day. We are currently booked at a standard room at pop. I absolutely love the suites at AOA and think we would really really enjoy the fact that we can put DD to nap or to bed while we can enjoy the living room and television without disturbing her. Question is, is it worth $900 to do it? That seems high from going form value to value but the room is 110% better and practical for what we need it for. Thoughts?
disprincess2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Airship Ariadne
DIS Veteran

Depends...honestly, for some families $900 is a huge deal...but I gather from the way you are asking that it would not be as huge of blow to your family budget...in that case I would say if makes your stay enjoyable for everyone, then go for it without hesitation.

Since the difference is $900 I assume this is a longer trip...we aren't just talking about three days of needing to be quiet for naps. If you can afford it and don't, by day 4 you will be wishing you had.

And you can't really count it as going from value to value, it is going from one room to a suite is the better way to see it.
Airship Ariadne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

lol sorry it is actually for 5 nights 6 days. We have already upgraded to the basic dining plan too. $900 will not break the bank but i dont want to waste $900 on something that wasnt really worth $900...does that even make sense? To me, the polynesian is worth an extra $900 but not CBR....I think the "thing" that is bothering me most is that its going value to value. Sorry if im not making sense but this is whats going through my head. Im so happy to get anyones opinions that stayed at one or both! Thanks!!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
RealBlast3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess2213 View Post
We are traveling with a very active toddler who will absolutely need to nap during the day. We are currently booked at a standard room at pop. I absolutely love the suites at AOA and think we would really really enjoy the fact that we can put DD to nap or to bed while we can enjoy the living room and television without disturbing her. Question is, is it worth $900 to do it? That seems high from going form value to value but the room is 110% better and practical for what we need it for. Thoughts?
I think you've just answered your own question.

Placing a monetary value on it is probably not the best way to approach it though. We all know when it comes to Disney that everything is overpriced, so it's difficult to gauge "what something is worth". I mean, are moderate resorts worth what they charge? The Deluxe? And so on. When you look at it from a monetary point of view or compare it to what other hotels cost, I think we all know the answer. But it's Disney and we all know we're paying "special" Disney prices.

Whether anything is worth what Disney charged can get a 1,000 different responses. The only right answer though, is what is it worth to you? After you've done your research, which is seems you have, are those plusses worth that amount of money? Only you can answer that. It depends on how important those amenities that AOA has to offer you are, and if your budget allows it, ect. The value of $900 is different for everybody and the value of what AOA is offering vs. POP is also different for everybody. Only you can determine if it's worth the cost.
RealBlast3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airship Ariadne View Post

And you can't really count it as going from value to value, it is going from one room to a suite is the better way to see it.

awesome my friend, thank you. great way to look at it
Old 07-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealBlast3 View Post
I think you've just answered your own question.

Placing a monetary value on it is probably not the best way to approach it though. We all know when it comes to Disney that everything is overpriced, so it's difficult to gauge "what something is worth". I mean, are moderate resorts worth what they charge? The Deluxe? And so on. When you look at it from a monetary point of view or compare it to what other hotels cost, I think we all know the answer. But it's Disney and we all know we're paying "special" Disney prices.

Whether anything is worth what Disney charged can get a 1,000 different responses. The only right answer though, is what is it worth to you? After you've done your research, which is seems you have, are those plusses worth that amount of money? Only you can answer that. It depends on how important those amenities that AOA has to offer you are, and if your budget allows it, ect. The value of $900 is different for everybody and the value of what AOA is offering vs. POP is also different for everybody. Only you can determine if it's worth the cost.
darn you for making sense lol!! so kidding!! thank you for that. I guess I just got such a great deal at pop from the beginning, that dishing our almost double for a suite seems crazy when I think and say "hey just suck it up its just a room and you could dine in cinderellas castle for a week for that price"lol.

Youre right, only me and the fam can decide whats right for us. I wonder if anyone else has had this delema.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Have you priced 2 rooms at Pop?
Old 07-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
Have you priced 2 rooms at Pop?
that is an interesting idea ....but will they guarantee adjoining rooms?? I wouldnt want it unless the rooms were adjoining since its just the 3 of us

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: