Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #46
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Monday La Spezia, first tip of the day if you are going private tours or on taxi then you meet outside the port and access by a shuttle. If you are on a DCL a Tour or on DCL Tour the coaches pick you up next to the dock.

We went to the Cinque Terre today and it was an excellent choice. A fine Sunday day but sea breezes to cool you down. The first embarkation port was POrto Venere and from there we went to Riomsggiore then Manarola, Vernazza and Monterosso the boats were quite full bar the Vernazza that was very packed, ensure you get the right one many come up at the same time and some miss some towns. The little seaside towns are so beautiful, and traditional Italian, we had lunch in Monterosso in a small typical Italian restaurant a great pasta for us but there was a lot of seafood there.

Today there must have been twenty plus coaches off to Florence leaving by 7.30 am it's a Monday so the museums are closed and with ships in Liverno it will be packed.

Tonight we have Animators palate show and then Villains tonight in the WDW.

Tomorrow we are in Rome a long day from 7-15 to 5 pm so Internet and posts will be restricted, we have a tour with guide and will go in the Vatican, and the coliseum. I might swap to normal camera and upload photos post cruise but let's see.

Finally yes Karl Holz CEO of DCL Is in the room next to us.

MY Facebook app isn't working to well.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #47
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post
Andrew, Gorgeous pics of Barcelona. This must be costing a fortune with internet charges… just blog what you can and we will have to wait for pics…
Thank you yes the Internet is costing a small fortune we are using mobile so some photos are not good but that's to give you live updates, we have other cameras with thousands of photos to up load post cruise which will be a better quality, the Internet on ship is very very very fast, do not let anyone tell you differently but the large photos take a lot of bytes up I am three quarters through a large Internet package in two days.

Thanks everyone for posts it's appreciated, Thanks for links will try to reward you with some nice photos.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #48
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Awesome. Hey, if you see Karl hanging out on the balcony, can you ask if we're going to Istanbul in 2016?

ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #49
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
Awesome. Hey, if you see Karl hanging out on the balcony, can you ask if we're going to Istanbul in 2016?
Kevin I think he should attend our concierge meet and ask us for opinions that would be great DCL service.
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #50
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update and the tips on LaSpezia. We also plan on going to Cinque Terre.

Imagine hobnobbing with Karl Holz, Kudos!

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #51
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Thanks for the update and the tips on LaSpezia. We also plan on going to Cinque Terre.

Imagine hobnobbing with Karl Holz, Kudos!
Cinque Terre was FANTASTIC, posting this from Rome, having a great time lots of updates today . My Facebook friends told me he attended the DVC opening presentation
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #52
DISNEY FANTASY

As we are travelling all over Rome today we have lots of photos but. Any upload the quality ones until post cruise but we have samples online and information such as Trevi Fountsin and Rome traffic
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #53
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Karl Holz is such a nice man,

Long story, but tonight he knocked on my stateroom door we had a conversation for maybe up to an hour, he is such a gentleman. It was a real honour to speak to him and for him to take interest in things that are important. He said it's all about relationship building, we had a quite deep conversation covering a lot of things. Privilege to speak to him.

Lots of updates today I can't post here as through one Internet package already so to upload to flicker then the posts takes a lot, but I will update the quality photos post cruise but we have a heck of a lot online.
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #54
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Karl Holz is such a nice man,

Long story, but tonight he knocked on my stateroom door we had a conversation for maybe up to an hour, he is such a gentleman. It was a real honour to speak to him and for him to take interest in things that are important. He said it's all about relationship building, we had a quite deep conversation covering a lot of things. Privilege to speak to him.

Lots of updates today I can't post here as through one Internet package already so to upload to flicker then the posts takes a lot, but I will update the quality photos post cruise but we have a heck of a lot online.
So.... Istanbul? KIDDING! :D
That's so nice of him to come talk with you. I certainly understand the internet package. We blew through 2 packages.

ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:15 AM   #55
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
So.... Istanbul? KIDDING! :D
That's so nice of him to come talk with you. I certainly understand the internet package. We blew through 2 packages.
He is coming to our concierge meeting tomorrow evening, if I remember and my brain is on vacation mode, I will ask him about it.

He really is such a very very nice man.

It's funny how it was all set up.

I posted on my Facebook and blog that he was next door, my TA saw it and messages me and said " say hello" he is a very nice guy, well I messages my TA and said I can't do that he is the CEO and he is working, ( bar Mykonos day).

I put in a joke to my TA in correspondence to/ fro, tell him we are sorry if we are making too much noise.

Well my TA who has clout with DCL and is close friends with him, clearly contacted him and said my family was next door.

We came back from Rome at 4.40 I went to get a drink at the self service station and came back to Karl knocking on my stateroom door, he knew all about us and said jokingly you haven't made any noise.

We then spoke with concierge joining us till just before 6 pm,

He is a warm witty, nice and approachable guy, a highlight in my cruise so far, we had such a wide ranging discussion from European travellers, the ships itineraries, Alaska, Internet forums and people not posting correct information on them, and service and other cruise lines, " if" there is a change to castaway club rules on shore trips it could be down to me!

Sea day today we are relaxing and off to palo brunch within the hour, we had storms last night but didn't feel movement, it's cloudy with some sun and quite hot today.
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #56
TimeforMe
Remember who you are
It was great taking a nap everyday, wasn't it?
I for one enjoy getting dressed up on occasion

You are having quite the trip thus far! Thanks so much for posting as you're itinerary is the one we were hoping for next year but alas is not being offered. We will have to settle for the 7-day.

Can't wait to read more!
TimeforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #57
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
He is coming to our concierge meeting tomorrow evening, if I remember and my brain is on vacation mode, I will ask him about it.

He really is such a very very nice man.

It's funny how it was all set up.

I posted on my Facebook and blog that he was next door, my TA saw it and messages me and said " say hello" he is a very nice guy, well I messages my TA and said I can't do that he is the CEO and he is working, ( bar Mykonos day).

I put in a joke to my TA in correspondence to/ fro, tell him we are sorry if we are making too much noise.

Well my TA who has clout with DCL and is close friends with him, clearly contacted him and said my family was next door.

We came back from Rome at 4.40 I went to get a drink at the self service station and came back to Karl knocking on my stateroom door, he knew all about us and said jokingly you haven't made any noise.

We then spoke with concierge joining us till just before 6 pm,

He is a warm witty, nice and approachable guy, a highlight in my cruise so far, we had such a wide ranging discussion from European travellers, the ships itineraries, Alaska, Internet forums and people not posting correct information on them, and service and other cruise lines, " if" there is a change to castaway club rules on shore trips it could be down to me!

Sea day today we are relaxing and off to palo brunch within the hour, we had storms last night but didn't feel movement, it's cloudy with some sun and quite hot today.

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #58
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Loving your updates and blog pictures. Thanks for sharing. Its making me incredibly excited to start the prep-work for a Med cruise for DH and I in 2016.
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
WishingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #59
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Andrew,
I am so enjoying this!! Thanks so much for taking time from your vacation for your fans!!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:04 AM   #60
DISNEY FANTASY

Thank you for your comments I can't re quote re Internet packages
* Disney Magic -

Tags
disney magic, europe med, navigators, photos, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: