Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #31
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Hi Andrew! I always love your informative posts and I was so glad when you directed another diser to this 'blog' report. You told that poster that you might handle 'requests' if there was anything we 'later' cruisers wanted to know. If it happens that you visit the gift shops with a camera, could you take some pics of the 'Med' (or anything else, actually) merchandise? I am doing the last 7 night with DH and we are leaving DDs (20, 18) at home this time, so they were asking me what was available for them to pick out for me to buy them

Thanks! I hope you have a fantastic cruise! I will be meeting up with some fantastic cruisemates of yours during a break in their tour actually while you are docked in Athens! I never would have imagined a DISmeet in Athens! :D You are more than welcome to join, but I am assuming you would have already made plans. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!
Hello,

I will see what I can do, we plan to buy some shop stuff if it is good, Athens, we do have a trip organised with PK Travel to max our time there.

Thank you.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #32
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Day one. Travel. Started off well to the airport and check in, but flight delay due to (1) incoming flight delay and (2) reported thunderstorms at Barcelona meaning Spanish Air traffic delays at destination and restricted slots. Plans on arrival cut any rest time out so we will have a transfer to our hotel checkin and then after a quick freshen up go to the Hard Rock for dinner where we have a reservation. Plans post dinner are to walk La Rambala subject to the rain. We embark the cruise on Saturday. First tip of the day! It rains in Spain, yes it's normally hot in summer but bring a Mac or poncho and have plan B touring plans for rain say Sagrada familia ! Present flight we could see the captain going around the thunder clouds locally as we got into Spanish airspace . We landed at 15.25 local that's about 40 mins late. Border control and to baggage reclaim at 15.40 nothing up yet.first thing seen through border control was a DCL rep. In fact there was another DCL rep at our baggage claim and plenty outside we were out and in our private transfer by 15.55 on the way to the city.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #33
schmass
DIS Veteran

Wow, sounds like this is going to be an amazing trip! I will be following along! Have fun!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #34
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmass View Post
Wow, sounds like this is going to be an amazing trip! I will be following along! Have fun!
Will be
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #35
DISNEY FANTASY

Lots of updates, in the room now, and had concierge meet and lunch in Cabanas, was in room at 12.30 love the cut little port maps, and Internet fast but I. Am charged per byte so on blog only
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #36
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

I look forward to following your trip report. We just got off the ship yesterday (Venice to Barcelona) and are almost home now. We did this exact cruise last year with the stops in Athens, Kusadasi, and Mykonos. Should be an amazing cruise. Hope we left everything ship shape for you!

BTW, what hotel did you stay on your pre night and did you like it? Sorry if you mentioned it already - I'll blame the sleepiness. I'm still on Barcelona time - 4:30am.

ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015

Last edited by Cousin Orville; 07-26-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:37 AM   #37
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Orville View Post
I look forward to following your trip report. We just got off the ship yesterday (Venice to Barcelona) and are almost home now. We did this exact cruise last year with the stops in Athens, Kusadasi, and Mykonos. Should be an amazing cruise. Hope we left everything ship shape for you!

BTW, what hotel did you stay on your pre night and did you like it? Sorry if you mentioned it already - I'll blame the sleepiness. I'm still on Barcelona time - 4:30am.
We stayed at Hotel Jazz pre cruise and going back after a very good hotel.
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-27-2014, 01:45 AM   #38
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pictures of the merchandise, it is pretty much what I was looking for. :D I am devouring every word and photo on your blog but do not want to 'sully' it with my inane comments, here I feel much safer

To the PP, I believe they were staying at the Hotel Jazz, there are some photos up on the blog.

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #39
ChristinaDK
Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

Can someone please give me the link

ChristinaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #40
DISNEY FANTASY

A great day in Villefrance, Visited Monaco, Antibes, St Paul De Vance Nice, lots of updates,

Can post the photos here till post cruise as I have gone through 50% of the largest Internet package. In a day! Internet good photos large.

The best photos will be posted post the cruise,

The ones we can post are by my cell IPhone to elsewhere, As I have a European coverage on that but those photos are not great.

Looks like the link is not allowed here, sorry!
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #41
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Can someone please PM me the blog link?
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
WishingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #42
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingMom View Post
Can someone please PM me the blog link?
Me too if possible. Thanks!

ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #43
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I pm'd the link

For the rest who are interested:

http: // mickey med .blogspot .co .uk/

Take out the spaces

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #44
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Andrew,
Gorgeous pics of Barcelona. This must be costing a fortune with internet charges… just blog what you can and we will have to wait for pics…

Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #45
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
I pm'd the link

For the rest who are interested:

http: // mickey med .blogspot .co .uk/

Take out the spaces
yeah! Thanks!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote