Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
tanyam76
Mouseketeer

Questions for anyone who has done a cruise and a park stay

Ok so my question is for anyone that did a Disney cruise and then a park stay.

I am flying in a day early. Is it better to stay at a Disney resort for the night and take magical express from MCO to the resort and then the next day take Disney transportation to the cruise and then upon return take Disney transportation back to the resort or

take a company that will shuttle from the airport to port Canaveral and pick a hotel there, then upon return to the cruise take Disney transportation to the resort.
tanyam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

It depends on the time your flight arrives and what you want to do that day. My preference would be to stay at WDW - unless my flight arrived later in the day. A shuttle from the airport to Port Canaveral the day before would probably cost more than a one-way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral.

Another option is to stay at an airport hotel the night before you sail, then take DCL's bus to the port @ $35 pp.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
schmass
DIS Veteran

It's really just a matter of preference, I think.

Last time we stayed at a Disney resort the night before and drove a rental car to the port. We then drove back to Disney and stayed a few nights after the cruise.

This time we are staying at a Disney resort before and after but taking the DCL bus. We are only doing it this way because we'll have a baby with us, but no car seat, so it is the easiest option.

How many people will you be traveling with? If it's more that 2 people, I think DCL gets really expensive compared to other options.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
tanyam76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmass View Post
It's really just a matter of preference, I think.

Last time we stayed at a Disney resort the night before and drove a rental car to the port. We then drove back to Disney and stayed a few nights after the cruise.

This time we are staying at a Disney resort before and after but taking the DCL bus. We are only doing it this way because we'll have a baby with us, but no car seat, so it is the easiest option.

How many people will you be traveling with? If it's more that 2 people, I think DCL gets really expensive compared to other options.
It's just my daughter and I. I thought stay at Disney the night before only because that way Im using Disney ground transportation there and back and makes it easier.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
tanyam76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
It depends on the time your flight arrives and what you want to do that day. My preference would be to stay at WDW - unless my flight arrived later in the day. A shuttle from the airport to Port Canaveral the day before would probably cost more than a one-way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral.

Another option is to stay at an airport hotel the night before you sail, then take DCL's bus to the port @ $35 pp.
I prefer staying at Disney as well, it makes it easier using one transportation company and since there is only 2 of us I am not interested in driving. I do all the driving normally every day, on vacation id rather not lol
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyam76 View Post
I prefer staying at Disney as well, it makes it easier using one transportation company and since there is only 2 of us I am not interested in driving. I do all the driving normally every day, on vacation id rather not lol
I hope you realize that only the Magical Express between the airport and your WDW resort is free. The DCL bus between the port and either the airport or WDW costs $35 pp.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #7
tanyam76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I hope you realize that only the Magical Express between the airport and your WDW resort is free. The DCL bus between the port and either the airport or WDW costs $35 pp.
Hi Nancy, yes thank you, I already knew. Since there is just two of us its not a big deal. My question was more ease of transition between airport hotel/resort and cruise and back.

When I booked my cruise the 'transfers' were only from airport to cruise and back to airport, nothing to do with resort so I assume I will have to call them to add it on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: