Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
MinnieMouse64
Earning My Ears

The nursery on the Dream

Do you have to plan for this in advance or can you do it on a whim? I already filled out the online form, but I do not want to commit to a day or time. My hubby and I are taking our 2 1/2 year old grandson and thought we might want to take advantage of the nursery for an hour or so. Also, if you have used the nursery, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
MinnieMouse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

If you have specific times that you'll need nursery care (such as during adult dining), then it is advised to book in advance. Also, if you want the child in the nursery during all or part of your MDR time, as that is quite popular. I think on the Dream you can pre-book up to 10 hours of nursery time, with more possibly available onboard. I also believe you can cancel pre-booked time as long as it's not last minute.

Whether or not you can do "drop-in" type service may depend on how many little ones are on your specific cruise. The nursery is limited in the number of children allowed. Therefore, if they are full when you stop by, you won't be able to drop the child off unless you are scheduled for that time.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

I'd book time now and then change if needed once you are on board. Sea days can be busy for the nursery as parents book nursery time for spa appointments, brunch at Palo/Remy or for couple time.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
MinnieMouse64
Earning My Ears

We thought about using the nursery while we were in port for an hour or so. I want my hubby and I to be able to ride the aqua duck together. I did this last year with my daughter and had a blast. I tried to talk my hubby into doing it, but he didn't get to. So this cruise, I want us to do it together. I kinda thought the nursery would not be busy at this time. Maybe I will pre-register and I can always cancel if we don't use it. Is the nursery nice?
MinnieMouse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
SailingScout
Mouseketeer

I agree with the other posters who said to prebook some time even if you are unsure of exact times. Dinner times do fill up fast, and I've also noticed right away in the morning sometimes as well. It was no problem for us to add and drop reservations. We loved the nursery, the staff there was really wonderful. I recommend going on the first day when it's open house and you can go in and look around as well as talk to the CM's. For the poster who asked about using the AquaDuck, we usually had no problems getting time on port days, especially on Castaway Cay day.
SailingScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
njRN2010
Earning My Ears

The nursery is fantastic! We went for an open house on boarding day and 2 days later when we dropped her off they remembered our 2 year
Olds name! I was shocked. They labeled all her stuff in the diaper bag and even locked away her Epi pen which I honestly forgot was in the bag. She was a little fussy and they rocked with her in the rocker. I felt very safe leaving her there. They ask for a password and who can pick her up and they verify who you are. It was great
njRN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: