Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

When 2015 packages come out ??

So with the packages coming out July 30th does anyone make 2 reservations when they come out? I'm undecided between moderate and deluxe and probably won't know until the discounts come out next year. Just wondering what everyone else does in this situation. We are going nov 2015. Either staying at POR princess room CSR business class or wilderness lodge. Depending on what is offered I will make a decision. How would that work would they just take what I paid and apply to whichever I keep? Curious if this has been done before. Thanks.
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I usually wait until the discounts come out to book. They offer discounts to fill unsold rooms. If I have a reservation already, that's a room that is already sold in Disney's eyes so one less room they need to add to the pool of discounted rooms.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I usually wait until the discounts come out to book. They offer discounts to fill unsold rooms. If I have a reservation already, that's a room that is already sold in Disney's eyes so one less room they need to add to the pool of discounted rooms.
I
I understand the logic. My problem is I need to book it so I can pay on it so I don't see it or have access to that money. This is my play money and if it's not tied up I will have plenty of uses for it. Unless it's a major issue and in that case I would cancel.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
I
I understand the logic. My problem is I need to book it so I can pay on it so I don't see it or have access to that money. This is my play money and if it's not tied up I will have plenty of uses for it. Unless it's a major issue and in that case I would cancel.
And I understand your logic. To combat that issue, I buy a $100-$150 Disney Gift Card every week until I can book with the best discount offered. Then I start making weekly payments. Just an idea.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #5
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
And I understand your logic. To combat that issue, I buy a $100-$150 Disney Gift Card every week until I can book with the best discount offered. Then I start making weekly payments. Just an idea.
I like it!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
awalker1015
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I do this too!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #7
tootiee6
Earning My Ears

Well we are limited w regular rooms (unless we pay more for a suite or lodge or villa) to riverside or cbr bc they are the only ones who offer a regular room for 5 people. We have been to riverside so we are going to stay at cbr this time and hope theres some discount or offer for that one this time. We are also going in nov of 2015 but you can alter or add discounts to existing reservation and as long as its within 45 days out they dont charge the $50 change fee.
tootiee6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: