Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Question about exits on Giraffe Trail at AKL ?

We are thinking of requesting Giraffe Trail, ground floor to have easy access to the pool and bus stop. I believe I read a long time ago that on the ground floors you could not just walk out to the pool .
Where are the exit doors or will we have to walk way down the hall to get out ?
If ground floor will not get us out to the pool and bus stop easily then what would be a good request for that on Giraffe Trail pool view ?
Old 07-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
thelobstershanty
Parrotteer

Don't request ground floor--there are very few rooms and the view leaves a lot to be desired. Book a pool view room and then request being close to the "Pool" elevator--this elevator is located in the middle section of the building w/pool views. Middle elevator takes you right to the pool/fitness center. To get to the parks--the easiest & coolest way is take elevator to main lobby, walk out the front door and take path to the left for park busses. If given a request of which floor your room will be on, I would suggest 3rd or 4th floor. Have fun!

Steady Matey

thelobstershanty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelobstershanty View Post
Don't request ground floor--there are very few rooms and the view leaves a lot to be desired. Book a pool view room and then request being close to the "Pool" elevator--this elevator is located in the middle section of the building w/pool views. Middle elevator takes you right to the pool/fitness center. To get to the parks--the easiest & coolest way is take elevator to main lobby, walk out the front door and take path to the left for park busses. If given a request of which floor your room will be on, I would suggest 3rd or 4th floor. Have fun!
Ok thank you. Is there just 1 elevator in Giraffe Trail ? I'm not really worried about the view but want to be able to walk to the pool easily. My DGD wants to swim all the time so we usually makes a lot of trips to the pool.

Last edited by maryj11; 07-22-2014 at 07:10 PM.
maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if there is only 1 elevator in Giraffe Trail ? Is there an exit by the fitness center ?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We have stayed many times pool view and have never had a far walk to the pool.

Giraffe trail has one elevator. If you take it to the bottom floor it will take you out to the pool area. You will be on the side closest to the slide and the deeper part of the pool.

The bus stop is not on ground level however. In order to get out, you have to go up to lobby level and go out from there. Or...as we learned, if you don't mind taking the stairs out, you can go to the elevator area and go out the staircase. The stairs take you out to the front of the resort and very close to the bus stop. We call it our secret exit. Everyone always wondered where we were walking.

Last edited by anjalee6; 07-23-2014 at 09:31 PM.
anjalee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
We have stayed many times pool view and have never had a far walk to the pool.

Giraffe trail has one elevator. If you take it to the bottom floor it will take you out to the pool area. You will be on the side closest to the slide and the deeper part of the pool.

The bus stop is not on ground level however. In order to get out, you have to go up to lobby level and go out from there. Or...as we learned, if you don't mind taking the stairs out, you can go to the elevator area and go out the staircase. The stairs take you out to the front of the resort and very close to the bus stop. We call it our secret exit. Everyone always wondered where we were walking.
Thank you Thanks for the tip about the secret exit, that may come in handy I have looked at a few pictures and seen a door by the fitness center is this an exit for everyone or is it only for the fitness center.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: