Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
EllinK
Mouseketeer

What time will ME pick us up from BC?

We are going on the NYE cruise this year and will be staying at the BC beforehand. Anyone know what time we will get picked up by Disney transport (ME or Mears?) for the trip to Port Canavaral?
EllinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Q: Why are there no planes where peter pan lives? A: Because there is a sign that says "Never Neverland"!

Magical express runs all the time to the airport.

The DCL transfers pick up at Beach club at 11am. Note only DCL goes to Port, not ME.

You will get a letter in your room to advise.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Times vary depending on how many people are at each resort to be picked up but it has been our experience buses start anywhere from about 11:15 to 12:30. As mentioned, tell them at check in you are taking DCL transfers and they will give you a letter explaining where/what time to leave your luggage (in your room) and where and when to meet the bus.

You won't get to the port until anywhere from 12:15 to 1:30 depending on when the bus leaves.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
tankin
Mouseketeer

I think the time really depends on the cruise. For our cruise that we stayed there, we had a pick up time of 12:30 and then made stops after it so we weren't on board until after 2:30.
tankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankin View Post
I think the time really depends on the cruise. For our cruise that we stayed there, we had a pick up time of 12:30 and then made stops after it so we weren't on board until after 2:30.
You must have been on the same bus that my DH and I were! We sailed first week in February this year, and didn't board until 2:30. By the time we got to Cabana's they were closing down (though we still got to have lunch, but couldn't really go for second helpings on anything.)

Ironically, it was the first time we'd ever stayed at a DCL resort, pre-cruise. I thought we'd arrive about 12:30-1:00ish, and have lunch at Enchanted Garden. (Closed at 2p.)

I know every situation is different, but it'll probably be the last time we stay @ WDW the night before. So much of our day was taken up by waiting for the bus (couldn't really go to a park, waiting at other resorts for pick-up.) We always stayed at Hyatt MCO, and were onboard by 11:30. I'd rather spend time on the Fantasy, than waiting at WDW.

Last edited by Mickeyhugger; 07-22-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
kiford
Mouseketeer

It really depends on the number and location of people being picked up, not the cruise. We've been picked up as early as 10:30 and as late as 12:30. Once (the 10:30 pickup) we got to the ship before we could get into the stateroom (which I hated) and other times about 1:30-2:00 pm. You really don't know until the night before.

I just like to be able to have someone pick up my luggage, not worry about finding my way there, not having to park or arrange for a car to be returned, and just basically walk right on and go to my stateroom. I can sleep in slightly in the morning, take my time over breakfast, watch TV a bit and relax before going down to the meeting place. I find that the amount of time that I would gain on the ship by doing my own arrangements just isn't worth it.

If I don't get time to go up for a second helping at the buffet (which I don't normally do anyway), it just leaves more room for the pizza I'll take back down to my stateroom after the sailaway party so that I can eat it on the verandah with a drink while watching the ship leave port.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

We have been picked up there at 11:45. It must vary.
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: