Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #91
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I actually really like the Pepper Market. My whole family does! Everything we ordered was very good! I don't know why it gets such a bad rap.
Totally agree --- We all loved it!

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #92
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I actually really like the Pepper Market. My whole family does! Everything we ordered was very good! I don't know why it gets such a bad rap.
Us too! I find it to be a step up from most of the other food courts at WDW. Good quality and made fresh right in front of you.

For some reason the setup seems to be mentality challenging for some people. I personally prefer the setup to traditional food courts.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #93
Jarvis23
Mouseketeer

Me too! I love the Pepper Market. I miss some of the old entrees but it is still good. I read its run by the same company that runs the mexican restaurant at Epcot.
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #94
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnscott4 View Post
HAHA I have a good time where ever I go!! I just keep seeing people mention the convention guests as a deterrent to staying here and was wondering if there was more to it than just the fact that they are not there on a vacation. Seems a little silly to me that those guests would ruin a person's stay just because they happen to be there for a convention or meeting. To me it sounds like they would make the resort better. I doubt they are using the buses or the pool areas as often as the regular guests, so that should alleviate some crowding. Plus, if Disney wants to make the rooms at CSR a little nicer than the other moderates to attract convention guests than fine by me!!
I agree, give me a business person any day over a drunk tourist(s) who lets their kids run amok,lol.

I've never stayed at CSR but it's on my list.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #95
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know... I think it's because of the stamp system.

We got lunch there once and was pretty good but the breakfast was kinda gross. Therefore, I'm not crazy about it.

Oct 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Nov 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #96
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
I don't know... I think it's because of the stamp system.

We got lunch there once and was pretty good but the breakfast was kinda gross. Therefore, I'm not crazy about it.
Yes, that might be it. That's kind of weird but I also didn't like how you have to walk thru it, then walk back again and then decide what to have. I felt like I was bothering people by walking around. It just didn't seem as organized, for lack of a better word, as a 'regular' food court.

I actually did like everything I ate there. I thought the food was fine, just not the layout of it at all.
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #97
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickcat View Post
Yes, that might be it. That's kind of weird but I also didn't like how you have to walk thru it, then walk back again and then decide what to have. I felt like I was bothering people by walking around. It just didn't seem as organized, for lack of a better word, as a 'regular' food court.

I actually did like everything I ate there. I thought the food was fine, just not the layout of it at all.
The idea is that you get hot fresh food and can then go directly to your table to eat it. At a regular food court you get your food, sometimes been sitting for awhile under a heat lamp, then wait in line to pay for it while it gets cold and then go find a table to eat. I'll take Pepper Market anyday over most of the resort food courts.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #98
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

You get two kinds of reviewers who don't like CSR:

Conventioners who are used to a higher level of hotel amenities than a Disney resort typically provides; or

Vacationers who don't like that the place is full of conventioners (usually of the vein that "I want to see other families, not a bunch of adults wearing matching khakis, polos and lanyards")

The good part is that the conventioners are not for the most part crowding up the buses to the parks.

If you're good with all that, go for it.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #99
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

CSR is awesome. I heartily recommend it to anyone.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #100
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

I'm curious: people keep saying that CSR isn't over-the-top Disneyfied, but really, which resorts are, besides the Values? The original 3 are iconic because, well, they're the original 3, but is there anything that overtly says 'Disney' about the other Mods or Deluxes? From what I've seen, the least Disneyfied resorts are DVC ones like OKW and SSR.
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #101
lauritagoddess
Disney mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Totally agree!

I'll happily walk for miles and miles around the parks. I just don't want to do that at my resort. IMO parks are for touring and resorts are for relaxing.
Yep, definitely feel that way. I will also add that I have achilles tendonitis and plantar fascitis. Knock wood, I have good orthotics now and after a lot of PT, I'm doing pretty well with both, but when we stayed at CSR my achilles tendonitis was acting up which made the walking even less desirable. Maybe I would have felt differently if it had been better, or if we hadn't been there in the heat. We stayed at Yacht Club last year and there was a lot of walking too, like when we went down to Stormalong Bay, but I think most of the walk was indoors it wasn't that big a deal. But clearly I seem to be in the minority on this thread. I'm glad that a lot of people enjoy CSR, it's a beautiful resort, but it just wasn't for us.

CR 2/28-3/5/06, ASMo 8/27-9/3/06, CBR 8/22/07, DCL Wonder 8/23-8/26/07, OKW 8/26 -9/2/07, ASMU 1/23-1/27/08, DLR - 6/15-6/22/08, DCL EB PC Repo 8/17-9/1/08, Pop 3/1-3/6/09, AS Sp 6/20-6/27/09, DLR 2/14-2/20/10, Pop 6/20-6/27/10, DLR - 2/19-2/26/11, Pop 8/20-9/3/11, DLR 2/18-2/25/12, CSR 8/24-9/2/12, DLR 2/16-2/23/13, YC 8/24-9/1/13, DLR 2/15-2/22/14, CR 8/23-8/31/14, **CBR 8/22-9/5/15

lauritagoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #102
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
I agree, give me a business person any day over a drunk tourist(s) who lets their kids run amok,lol.
Easy now, I do mine (and several other people's) share of drinking while on vacation. But I don't go out there and get rude, obnoxious, or annoying. I also don't have or travel with kids.
jnscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #103
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnscott4 View Post
Easy now, I do mine (and several other people's) share of drinking while on vacation. But I don't go out there and get rude, obnoxious, or annoying. I also don't have or travel with kids.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #104
tigertirz
Earning My Ears

Wow!!! Thanks for all the replies!!!

I had no clue my question would have such a huge response. Thanks again:-)
tigertirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #105
rsoxfan1
Earning My Ears

so far my family has only stayed at the beach club and CSR and we all agree that we like CSR better in every aspect...
rsoxfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: