Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #76
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
I have been staying in the ranchos section during my last vacation in WDW... Although it's the longest walk, it's so cute with the cactus and rocks.

If I am not mistaken, the Casitas are considerer "preferred".
I apologize, I meant the Cabanas area.
jnscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #77
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been staying in the ranchos section during my last vacation in WDW... Although it's the longest walk, it's so cute with the cactus and rocks.

If I am not mistaken, the Casitas are considerer "preferred".
Casitas 1-3 are preferred. 4 & 5 have standard and waterview rooms. I really like the Casitas 4 location, we always requested that before they invented Business Class.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #78
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
It sounds like you will enjoy yourself and have a great time. It seems like you probably would wherever you stay with a positive attitude..
It is a pretty place and enjoy the walking and the pepper market (remember.... get the churros from the dessert lady! yum!)
HAHA I have a good time where ever I go!! I just keep seeing people mention the convention guests as a deterrent to staying here and was wondering if there was more to it than just the fact that they are not there on a vacation. Seems a little silly to me that those guests would ruin a person's stay just because they happen to be there for a convention or meeting. To me it sounds like they would make the resort better. I doubt they are using the buses or the pool areas as often as the regular guests, so that should alleviate some crowding. Plus, if Disney wants to make the rooms at CSR a little nicer than the other moderates to attract convention guests than fine by me!!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #79
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I dont see it as problem if people want to spend longer in the parks and have a short walk at their resort. Certainally nothing to be scolding them about and tell them they are touring the parks wrong. Sheesh.

I know when I stayed in a non preferred room at CBR I didn't think the size of the resort would bug me. But after returning from viewing the fireworks at night the last hing I wanted was a 7 minute walk to the food court for a pop and a 7 minute walk back to my room.

Not wanting that extra walk isn't wrong. People shouldn't try and make others feel that it is.
I agree about the scolding. People can vacation however they want. I just want people coming here looking for information to make a decision to have accurate info to base their decision on.

The reality is that a lot of the Deluxe resorts have the same amount of walking, but don't get the bad rap for some reason. The other thing that makes me laugh is that people who complain about walking or room location are too cheap to,pay for an upgraded room. Stating they don't want to spend the extra money. While than don't complain about your room location!!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #80
Mclainlane
Earning My Ears

room location

Is there any trick to receiving a room location request. My DD 11 had a " cactus" incident a few years back. She wont walk near one- Is ranchos full of them?
Mclainlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #81
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

We are staying at Coronado Springs Preferred Room from 9/23-9/27. My friend could only afford a moderate so we decided CS would be it. I'm paying for 4 nights at the Boardwalk Inn Water View starting 9/27. It's my very first stay in a moderate so I hope I will like it.
L&Lfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #82
quickcat
Mouseketeer

I have not read all the responses but for us, I did read the reviews and most said its a moderate but more close to a deluxe. I did not find this to be the case at all. I think I should not have read the reviews and just went with the description on the website and then I would not have talked myself into it.
Our stay there wasn't bad, the resort just wasn't for us. I did not like how the food 'court' was laid out. I thought the rooms were very dark which then made them seem very old and run down.
Everything was clean though, the food was fine, etc. We just much prefer having the balcony and a lighter, more open room.
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #83
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnscott4 View Post
HAHA I have a good time where ever I go!! I just keep seeing people mention the convention guests as a deterrent to staying here and was wondering if there was more to it than just the fact that they are not there on a vacation. Seems a little silly to me that those guests would ruin a person's stay just because they happen to be there for a convention or meeting. To me it sounds like they would make the resort better. I doubt they are using the buses or the pool areas as often as the regular guests, so that should alleviate some crowding. Plus, if Disney wants to make the rooms at CSR a little nicer than the other moderates to attract convention guests than fine by me!!
We have 36 nights at CSR under our belts and 14 more booked this December. I have never actually noticed a conventioneer. The only thing I have ever noticed was kids sports teams and last year there was a national scholastic chess championship for a couple days while we were there. I noticed people walking around carrying their chess equipment. The only impact it had on the resort was the sports teams took over the volleyball court at the pool a couple of evenings. They had quite a game going on, they were having a lot of fun!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #84
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
We have 36 nights at CSR under our belts and 14 more booked this December. I have never actually noticed a conventioneer. The only thing I have ever noticed was kids sports teams and last year there was a national scholastic chess championship for a couple days while we were there. I noticed people walking around carrying their chess equipment. The only impact it had on the resort was the sports teams took over the volleyball court at the pool a couple of evenings. They had quite a game going on, they were having a lot of fun!
Well you know those chess teams can get out of hand at times.......
Old 07-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #85
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickcat View Post
I have not read all the responses but for us, I did read the reviews and most said its a moderate but more close to a deluxe. I did not find this to be the case at all. I think I should not have read the reviews and just went with the description on the website and then I would not have talked myself into it.
Our stay there wasn't bad, the resort just wasn't for us. I did not like how the food 'court' was laid out. I thought the rooms were very dark which then made them seem very old and run down.
Everything was clean though, the food was fine, etc. We just much prefer having the balcony and a lighter, more open room.
Having a balcony is nice. That is one thing I wish I could get at a Mod resort.

The reason people call CSR the Deluxe of the Mod resorts is all the deluxe type amenities it has that the other Mods don't.

Fitness center, spa, salon, sauna, lap pool, night club style lounge with dance floor, 2 out door lounges, largest hot tub at WDW, 2nd longest water slide at WDW resorts, Business Class room option. Despite what you thought, IMO the best food court at any WDW resort and Maya Grill is a very highly rated sit down restaurant. They also added a second sit down restaurant.

So they don't have balconies and you aren't on the monorail, but there's a lot of value for your money in that list!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #86
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnscott4 View Post
Well you know those chess teams can get out of hand at times.......
It was the basketball teams at the volleyball court not the chess team!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #87
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclainlane View Post
Is there any trick to receiving a room location request. My DD 11 had a " cactus" incident a few years back. She wont walk near one- Is ranchos full of them?
As long you don't go and play in the "gardens"... you should be fine, I think.

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
mevelandry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #88
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickcat View Post
The rooms were "dark" ? I'm surprised. When did you go/what section where you in? Our room was painted with pastel colors and there was a huge window...

I think everybody hates that food court

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
mevelandry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #89
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The rooms were "dark" ? I'm surprised. When did you go/what section where you in? Our room was painted with pastel colors and there was a huge window...

Ok, that exactly is what I think was a big reason why I hated the room, the huge window.... in the front.
I felt like I could not leave it open because people walk by and look in. Not that I blame them, its just human nature to look into a huge window as you are walking but with the dark wood and no window facing a different view, it really made the room seem dark and worn.
Now, the room was clean and like I said, it was fine but just need a window (facing backwards) or a balcony
I guess I like natural light with privacy as well
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #90
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:

I actually really like the Pepper Market. My whole family does! Everything we ordered was very good! I don't know why it gets such a bad rap.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: