Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #16
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by microscopes View Post
Go Bills! Training Camp just pulled into town yesterday!

What don't you like about 7 bus stops? Just crowded buses? I'm assuming a larger resort like CBR would have more buses right?
Go Bills! I am from Rochester (live in the Falls now) but try to hit training camp every year!

Anyway, I agree with maxiesmom on the bus stop situation. We have only stayed at resorts that have 4 bus stops, but if you get on at the first one, it can take a good 10 minutes or so to circle the other three. If it's busy, add time for more people exiting/entering the bus. Add more time if there's an ECV/wheel chair involved. It's just more time consuming versus the one bus stop at POFQ. CBR has 7 bus stops which is the most of the mods, so I'm expecting even more time to be eaten because of this. The only saving grace will be if we can get on at a stop that's mid pick up. Maybe like stop 5 of 7, or something like that. But it doesn't seem as though there's a set schedule of stops at CBR so that may be tough to predict.

At the end of the day, it's not a huge deal and may be worth it based on how nice the resort is. The downside to the one stop at POFQ is that it did get crowded and people got pushy. And as PP pointed out, the commute times to the parks from CBR are relatively short due to it's central location.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #17
microscopes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Go Bills! I am from Rochester (live in the Falls now) but try to hit training camp every year!

Anyway, I agree with maxiesmom on the bus stop situation. We have only stayed at resorts that have 4 bus stops, but if you get on at the first one, it can take a good 10 minutes or so to circle the other three. If it's busy, add time for more people exiting/entering the bus. Add more time if there's an ECV/wheel chair involved. It's just more time consuming versus the one bus stop at POFQ. CBR has 7 bus stops which is the most of the mods, so I'm expecting even more time to be eaten because of this. The only saving grace will be if we can get on at a stop that's mid pick up. Maybe like stop 5 of 7, or something like that. But it doesn't seem as though there's a set schedule of stops at CBR so that may be tough to predict.

At the end of the day, it's not a huge deal and may be worth it based on how nice the resort is. The downside to the one stop at POFQ is that it did get crowded and people got pushy. And as PP pointed out, the commute times to the parks from CBR are relatively short due to it's central location.
Haha! Grew up in Irondequoit and live in Greece now. Howdy neighbor

Ugh that bus situations sounds terrible. Now I'm not so sure.
microscopes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #18
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by microscopes View Post
Just curious which you would pick AND WHY!

Or Riverside for an additional $150?
Stayed at riverside in April, staying at French Qtrs in a week. I would stay at either of these over Carribbean due to size. While Riverside is large it is easy to navigate. We enjoyed the theming of the Bayou.

In regards to pricing Port Orleans pricing does seem to have no rhyme or reason at times, we are staying at French qtrs for about 10 bucks more per night than the Caribbean (AP discount), so I wouldn't assume that pricing is always higher. FQ was less than riverside this time, in April FQ was probably $40 a night more than riverside.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: