Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
ozliz
Earning My Ears

When should I book my resort?

Hi, I am planning my first wdw trip in early 2015 to coincide with low crowd (and cheaper accommodation days). I have narrowed down my list of resorts to my top preferences but I l do not have my heart set on one specific resort if there are no discounts on rooms etc and it makes sense to stay at my 2nd or 3rd choice to save money. What I want to know is whether I should book now or just wait and see what the specials are when they are released later in the year so I do not have to call and change my reservation (noting that I don't live in the US so making lots of phone calls to change things requires planning due to time differences etc). I know that booking early is good for ADR but I am not planning to book too many of those and would be worried that they might fall off the reservation anyway especially if I end up swapping back and forth between package and room only bookings (once again I will wait and see what offers are available before deciding between the two but expecting room only discounts will be a better choice unless a package deal fits well).

Thanks for the advice in advance on when to book. Many sites say to book this far out but then I will have to change my bookings if there are specials later on.
ozliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #2
xjay
Mouseketeer

I would say to book later. The only perk about booking now for ADRs is the 180+10 booking timeframe. If you aren't going to be making that much ressies and you're an international guest, I would suggest to wait until the discount that you want comes out.

Disneyland - Countless Times as a Kid
December 2013 - Off-Site *** December 2014 - AKL CL/Contemporary CL

Our Little Family :
Me(22) DBF(23) DDog(Kapu) DDog(Keanu)
xjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
ozliz
Earning My Ears

Thanks. That is reassuring as I would love to book now but have been told I cannot get my leave approved at work this far in advance (without the risk of it being cancelled). I have no idea how some people manage to book holidays so far in advance like a lot of those DVC members seem to.
ozliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: