Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #16
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightParade View Post
Umm, I'm sorry when did you start this?! July 20th?! How am I only knowing about this now?! Did you link it in your other report and I somehow missed it?!!! Gah!!! So unacceptable for me to have missed!! (I blame Jeremy though, I'm sure its somehow his fault! )

Food & Wine!! weeeeeeeeeeee!!!! /airplanearms

I missed the Schinkennudeln on my list but I do have Nudel Gratin noted for the Simmerfest quick service and they may a little somewhat similar?

We have some of the same! Oh man, it is allot of food! And I can't wait! Gonna start stretching out the stomach a week before vacation starts, just to be ready for it!! lol, that sounds kinda awful but I don't care, I'm on a Disney vacation!!
I think I only linked it in my signature, and forgot to link it in my July TR...Ooops My Bad!! Sorry!! I fixed that, so now it is in both my signature AND the July TR!

I agree with you, it is TOTALLY somehow Jeremy's fault!! I will have to speak to him about that! How dare he..uh......uh...distract both of us somehow...from...uh...oh I don't know! I will think of something!

Yeah, I don't know how I am going to manage, I always find a way though! I am back on track with my weight loss and am hoping to lose 5-6 more pounds before we go in September! If I do, that will mean that since I started back before June that I will have lost 23 pounds, right now I have lost a total of 16.5!I am finally back down to my before July trip weight...LOL Then when November comes it should really kick into high gear when we start training for the Half Marathon! I can't wait to start writing that PTR! Its good though, since I am off the hook from writing the October one!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #17
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Subbed in and looking forward to your F&W TR. We will be at F&W 10/5-10/11 so try to leave some for us please!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #18
annie170
Mouseketeer

Hi Andrea! I'm here from your current TR and I also read your anniversary TR. You two seem like a really fun couple!

Don't worry about turning 30. It's not that bad and I truly believe a woman is most beautiful in her 30's.

The majority of my trips have been in October. I'm a teacher and take a couple extra days during my Fall Break. I love the Food & Wine Festival, also! I generally use all my DP snack credits there (minus one for a Dole Whip). Sadly, this will the first F&W I'll be missing in several years, but have definite plans for 2015. You'll have to have an Italian Margarita for me!

I swear the ravioli I had in Italy the last couple of years had meat in it. Did they change it this year? You have a lot of my favorites on your list.

Looking forward to reading more!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #19
Raven0207
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
I think I only linked it in my signature, and forgot to link it in my July TR...Ooops My Bad!! Sorry!! I fixed that, so now it is in both my signature AND the July TR!

I agree with you, it is TOTALLY somehow Jeremy's fault!! I will have to speak to him about that! How dare he..uh......uh...distract both of us somehow...from...uh...oh I don't know! I will think of something!

Yeah, I don't know how I am going to manage, I always find a way though! I am back on track with my weight loss and am hoping to lose 5-6 more pounds before we go in September! If I do, that will mean that since I started back before June that I will have lost 23 pounds, right now I have lost a total of 16.5!I am finally back down to my before July trip weight...LOL Then when November comes it should really kick into high gear when we start training for the Half Marathon! I can't wait to start writing that PTR! Its good though, since I am off the hook from writing the October one!
How in the world is this MY fault ! I didn't do it ! I blame WoW and work. Everything can't be my fault...... even though it usually is somehow. Ok you win it's all my fault.
Raven0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #20
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Subbed in and looking forward to your F&W TR. We will be at F&W 10/5-10/11 so try to leave some for us please!
I can't make any promises on leaving food...LOL Although I hope that there will be food left because we will be there on 10/10-10/13 too!

Thanks for subbing in!! I am looking forward to my TR too!! At least doing the things I am going to eventually write about! Who knows maybe we will bump into each other in October!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #21
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
Hi Andrea! I'm here from your current TR and I also read your anniversary TR. You two seem like a really fun couple!

Don't worry about turning 30. It's not that bad and I truly believe a woman is most beautiful in her 30's.

The majority of my trips have been in October. I'm a teacher and take a couple extra days during my Fall Break. I love the Food & Wine Festival, also! I generally use all my DP snack credits there (minus one for a Dole Whip). Sadly, this will the first F&W I'll be missing in several years, but have definite plans for 2015. You'll have to have an Italian Margarita for me!

I swear the ravioli I had in Italy the last couple of years had meat in it. Did they change it this year? You have a lot of my favorites on your list.

Looking forward to reading more!
Hi! Thank you so much for reading my other TRs and then coming over here!! I am glad we sound fun!! We do try to have fun most of the time!

I am trying not to worry too much about turning 30, but I still have issues with it every once in a while! I look back over my photos from the past few years and even to myself I feel like I am looking better these days!

Aww, I am sorry you are going to be missing the F&W Festival this year! Is the Italian Margarita going to be at the Italy booth, or is it the one in Via Napoli? I will definitely drink one for you, I have never had it before!

The ravioli did Totally have meat in it! They must have changed it this year, there are a bunch of things that they tweaked around in the dishes! I guess they want to keep everything new and exciting! I will see when we get there I guess! Thanks again for reading along!!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #22
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Saturday Preliminary Plans!

Preliminary Plans for Saturday September 20, 2014!

35 Days Until Our Trip!!

With a late night on Friday at the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, the very first plans for this morning may or may not happen! If we do happen to wake up early, then we know what we are going to do, and if we want to sleep in, we can do that too!!

So if we happen to wake up early...we are planning on heading over to the Boardwalk for a little breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery! Then taking the FREE Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour which starts at 9:00am! We have stayed at Boardwalk once, and it was only for two nights, so we didn't really get a chance to look around too much! That was also back in 2009! So we thought it may be fun to go over there and check it out, plus who needs an excuse to go to a bakery, am I right?

The second part of the morning needs a little background story! So last year when we moved to Southport, we decided that we wanted to start some type of annual competition. Living at the beach, gives us loads of access to Miniature Golf Courses! So last year we had an inaugural Legen-Wait For It-Dary Miniature Golf Tournament! We played 5 rounds at 5 different courses and whoever had the lowest score after all of those rounds was the winner! Well, sadly Jeremy won...ugh...it was close though!! This year since we have been spending so much time at Disney during the summer, we have not had too much of a chance to get down to Myrtle Beach and do our tournament!

With that in mind, we decided that in our September trip we would have the 2nd Annual Legen-Wait For It-Dary Miniature Golf Tournament at the Walt Disney World Resort!! So it is kind of the Tournament 2.0 - Disney Edition! With our annual passes we get discounts on mini golf, plus there are 4 miniature golf courses that we can enjoy at Disney World! So on Saturday morning, the courses open at 10:00am! We are planning on playing the Summer and Winter Courses at Winter Summerland, and the Gardens and Fairway courses at Fantasia Gardens! Lowest total score after all four rounds wins!! I have been trying to think of some sort of Disney themed trophy for it too! Last year we had a golf bobblehead trophy for Jeremy which is in our guest room at the moment!

If we get done with the tournament early enough, we thought about heading back to Kidani Village, and having a little bit of pool time! Everything is weather depending of course! Not sure how many people will be out and about playing Miniature Golf either! Sometimes it is pretty busy, other times, we are the only ones there!

Tonight, is what we have been waiting pretty much all year for!! We are finally going to be dining at the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!

I think it is going to be so much fun being in the kitchen where all of the action is going on!! Cooking is one of my most favorite hobbies, and to actually be in the kitchen at our favorite restaurant is going to be like a once in a lifetime experience I think! It is so difficult to get in there, I have been trying every day since February and have only once even been able to acquire it! So basically the reason for this trip, was that I got a reservation for it! We probably would not be going if it hadn't been for that! I don't even know what else to say about it, except OMG!!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
Raven0207
Earning My Ears

I plan to add a second trophy to my collection this year !
Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #24
MidnightParade
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Why is losing weight sooo hard?! Argh! I want to lose another 8-10lbs before our trip. Which will probably be closer 6-7 but I'm okay with that too. I just reached a little over 4K in jogging so I'm hoping that will help as well. Looking forward to see how you guys in training in your next eventual PTR!

Mini-Putt! That will be so much fun with the competition. I think the non-winner should have to do a break out dance to Thriller or something at some point in the parks! Buahahahah!

Okay so when you have been saying Chef's Table I was just thinking it was the special.....Queen Victoria room? That you have been in before. This is so much cooler!! That will be pretty awesome and exciting. Is it just you two or will others be at the table as well?
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #25
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why is losing weight sooo hard?! Argh! I want to lose another 8-10lbs before our trip. Which will probably be closer 6-7 but I'm okay with that too. I just reached a little over 4K in jogging so I'm hoping that will help as well. Looking forward to see how you guys in training in your next eventual PTR!

Mini-Putt! That will be so much fun with the competition. I think the non-winner should have to do a break out dance to Thriller or something at some point in the parks! Buahahahah!

Okay so when you have been saying Chef's Table I was just thinking it was the special.....Queen Victoria room? That you have been in before. This is so much cooler!! That will be pretty awesome and exciting. Is it just you two or will others be at the table as well?
I know!! It is hard! The hardest part for me is being food addicted, like I will have just eaten a meal and be like, "Uh...I want a Disney World cupcake" Woohoo on the 4k! Yeah, me and my eventual PTRs, that is like some sort of trend this year. I swear we usually don't go to Disney World this much! We are having fun with it though!!

Thriller dance, so awesome! Man, then I would definitely make sure I won! It would be funny if I had him do it in front of the Haunted Mansion queue line at the Not So Scary Halloween Party!! Buahahaha!!!

Oh and Chef's Table!! I don't think it would let me put enough bananas in for the excitement! This is definitely our very first time being at the Chef's Table. The menu is usually identical to the Queen Victoria Room Menu, but the view is much different! After we finished dinner when we there this past time, Chef Scott let us go into the kitchen and have a quick tour of where we would be next time! It was so exciting getting to see inside there! It made me even more excited, if that is even possible! And yes, it will be just the two of us! If only you guys were going to be there in September instead of October, we could get you to come along! I think it seats up to 10 in an evening, but it is only bookable by one party, so we will have that giant table to ourselves. Hopefully they will pile it full of food to eat! Well, I can feel the weight being put on as I type!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #26
Raven0207
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I know!! It is hard! The hardest part for me is being food addicted, like I will have just eaten a meal and be like, "Uh...I want a Disney World cupcake" Woohoo on the 4k! Yeah, me and my eventual PTRs, that is like some sort of trend this year. I swear we usually don't go to Disney World this much! We are having fun with it though!!

Thriller dance, so awesome! Man, then I would definitely make sure I won! It would be funny if I had him do it in front of the Haunted Mansion queue line at the Not So Scary Halloween Party!! Buahahaha!!!

Oh and Chef's Table!! I don't think it would let me put enough bananas in for the excitement! This is definitely our very first time being at the Chef's Table. The menu is usually identical to the Queen Victoria Room Menu, but the view is much different! After we finished dinner when we there this past time, Chef Scott let us go into the kitchen and have a quick tour of where we would be next time! It was so exciting getting to see inside there! It made me even more excited, if that is even possible! And yes, it will be just the two of us! If only you guys were going to be there in September instead of October, we could get you to come along! I think it seats up to 10 in an evening, but it is only bookable by one party, so we will have that giant table to ourselves. Hopefully they will pile it full of food to eat! Well, I can feel the weight being put on as I type!
Challenge Accepted !
Old 08-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #27
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven0207 View Post
Challenge Accepted !
We better start practicing just in case!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #28
MidnightParade
DIS Veteran

Please please please make sure the dance is recorded for prosperity's sake! (And for my giggles sake! )

Sitting at the Chef's Table would be very very cool! Although I'm not sure $600 for one dinner is in our future quite yet. (Although someday!! )

Seriously though it seems like you're old friends with the staff at V&A now!! Which is awesome!
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #29
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Please please please make sure the dance is recorded for prosperity's sake! (And for my giggles sake! )

Sitting at the Chef's Table would be very very cool! Although I'm not sure $600 for one dinner is in our future quite yet. (Although someday!! )

Seriously though it seems like you're old friends with the staff at V&A now!! Which is awesome!
I will have to make sure we record, it is somewhat of a well lit area, so we can actually tell what is going on! Now that I know what our costumes are going to be, it would make it even funnier I think to see one of us doing Thriller dressed as we are going to be!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #30
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I followed your other report (until I fell off the face of the planet for a while lol) and I liked it so I'll join in again. AKL is amazing, and we really love Kidani. That does sound like a lot of food, good for you guys! Have you figured out your golden spoon percentage before? You probably have a good one!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: