Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
jebns
Earning My Ears

Is changing resorts mid-stay to save $ a bad idea?

Hi all,
We are a family of 6 (4 kiddos 4-11) who should spend our hard earned $ about fifty different ways before we spend it on another Disney trip, BUT, how do you say no to a Frozen obsessed 4 year old girl?? So, we are looking into a VERY last minute trip, as in next month, for 6 nights (so we can be sure to get to the Frozen show at Hollywood studios and not disrupt my boys' starting middle school) and we were looking for advice on a balancing act. We were looking at staying at either the Cabins or Swan/Dolphin (2 rooms, my family member works for Sheraton so the price is comparable) for 3 nights and the other 3 nights at Bonnet Creek or the like for $350. We are wondering if it makes sense to sacrifice the extra magic hours in the heat of the morning in favor of staying at Bonnet Creek the whole time and not dealing with a mid-stay move. We plan to do 2 days at Universal and SeaWorld is a maybe. We can rent a car but prefer not to for the whole trip if needed? Any guidance? We keep going around, and around and around...
jebns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Mho, fwiw...

I would do 3 nights at Swan/Dolphin and then move for the Universal and Sea world days. So convenient to DHS and Epcot.
Have you considered staying at Universal (for front of line access) for the last 3 nights? I hear that it is worthwhile. Otherwise Bonnet Creek is supposed to be very nice (I haven't stayed here yet, myself, but it's on my todo list).

I like split stays very much and saving money that way is a no brainer for me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebns View Post
Hi all,
We are a family of 6 (4 kiddos 4-11) who should spend our hard earned $ about fifty different ways before we spend it on another Disney trip, BUT, how do you say no to a Frozen obsessed 4 year old girl?? So, we are looking into a VERY last minute trip, as in next month, for 6 nights (so we can be sure to get to the Frozen show at Hollywood studios and not disrupt my boys' starting middle school) and we were looking for advice on a balancing act. We were looking at staying at either the Cabins or Swan/Dolphin (2 rooms, my family member works for Sheraton so the price is comparable) for 3 nights and the other 3 nights at Bonnet Creek or the like for $350. We are wondering if it makes sense to sacrifice the extra magic hours in the heat of the morning in favor of staying at Bonnet Creek the whole time and not dealing with a mid-stay move. We plan to do 2 days at Universal and SeaWorld is a maybe. We can rent a car but prefer not to for the whole trip if needed? Any guidance? We keep going around, and around and around...
We just booked 3 nights so my dd19 could see Frozen and use our fast passes before expiring. When I checked the park hours for 8/11-14 there were very few magic hours offered at mornings and nights so I suggest you check and see if that will really matter.

I have done split stays to save but in general not with whole family but just mom n me trips. However if they are cooperative types you will manage fine. (My guys not very patient)

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
jebns
Earning My Ears

Is it worth losing a day to split the stay?
jebns is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: