Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

There’s Nowhere To Go But Down…To The Utilidors! A Sweet And Sassy 16 TR NEW x2 10/15

“Have faith in your dreams and someday,
your rainbow will come smiling through.
No matter how your heart is grieving,
if you keep on believing,
the dream that you wish will come true.”

Once upon a time, a girl had a dream of celebrating her Sweet 16 at her and her family’s favorite place in the world, Walt Disney World.
This is the story of how that dream came true.

It’s a story of blazing heat, torrential downpours, and a little drama.
But it’s also a story of new adventures, amazing surprises, and pure magic.
Above all, though, it’s the story of one intrepid family determined to have the best trip to Walt Disney World ever, who faced every challenge with unwavering optimism. (Okay, the optimism wavered a little once or twice. Just being honest.)

So who is this fearless family? Well, let’s start with the most important member. MEEEEE! (Kidding.)

My name is Courtney. I am 21 years old and have been to Disney over 20 times. I am head over heels in love with Disney and I hope to work for the Company some day. I am a firm believer in wishes and dreams coming true, and to me that’s what Disney is all about.
My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom, and my favorite attractions are Splash Mountain, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, and Enchanted Tales with Belle. Beauty and the Beast and Frozen are my favorite Disney movies. My favorite Disney experience, though, is WISHES! A MAGICAL GATHERING OF DISNEY DREAMS!
As long as you don’t disrespect Duffy the Disney Bear or the Carousel of Progress in front of me, we’ll get along great.
My quote of the trip: “I’d enjoy it a lot more if I didn’t feel like I was dying.”

This is my third trip report on the DISboards. Go read the others while I’m updating this one!

Hurry Up, You Brats, Or I’m Telling Mickey Mouse! An August 2013 TR
Follow Me! I Will Lead Us Into Battle! A Thanksgiving 2013 TR

Of course, this trip wasn’t about me. It was about this princess! (No, not Anna, the other one.)

My sister Kylie turned 16 while we were at Walt Disney World. Kylie has also been a Disney enthusiast from birth. She loves Peter Pan, Frozen, and Snow White. Her favorite park is MK and her favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Kylie wants to be an ASL interpreter when she grows up and is already fluent, so we often go to see the sign language interpreters at Disney. She wants me to mention that she has an Instagram where she edits Disney pictures. Find her @disneywallflower.
Quote of the trip: “I’m respecting our country!”

Because it was Kylie’s birthday, she got to bring her best friend Emily!

Emily barely remembers her trip to WDW when she was younger, so we considered this her first trip. She was so excited to try everything, and by the end of the trip she was a full-on DISer complaining about tour groups and people who can’t work FP+. They grow up so fast! Her favorite movies are Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid. She loved all the thrill rides and Finding Nemo: The Musical.
Quote of the trip: “I’m liking this Disney thing!”

We also brought some grown-ups on this trip. Here we have my parents! (The one in the middle is not my parent.)

My mom has been going to Disney World since it opened. She is the planner, photographer, and scrapbooker of our trips. We’d be pretty lost without her. She loves Frozen, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Disney cupcakes. Her favorite resort is the Beach Club and I hope she can stay there one day!
Quote of the trip: “I knew that pizza would come back to bite me in the butt.”

My dad didn’t go to Disney until he was 30 but he has been converted into a Disney fanatic. He is an expert photobomber and child at heart. He is hearing impaired, so he also benefited from the sign language interpreters. He loves Space Mountain and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, and his favorite character is Princess Tiana.
Quote of the trip: “It was all my idea. Wait, where are we going?”

The five of us were together in WDW from July 5 to July 13. But more family joined us for parts of the trip as well!

My Aunt Patti and Uncle Rick are two of my favorite relatives. They have done Disney with us before and they like it because we plan everything and they adapt well to our commando touring.

Aunt Patti is the sweetest person you will ever meet. She loves Winnie the Pooh and her favorite attraction is Mickey’s Philharmagic. She did the parks with us for a few days and we had a wonderful time!
Quote of the trip: “I think I broke the scooter.”

My Uncle Rick is sarcastic and hilarious. He spent a few days of the trip golfing but the time we spent in the parks and at meals together was so much fun! He loves trains, so he really enjoyed the Walt Disney World Railroad, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
Quote of the trip: “I hope I make it on the blog!”

And for the first two days, my dad’s best friend Uncle Dave met up with us.

Uncle Dave lives in Florida and goes by the name Fungus (because he’s a single fun guy…ladies). Uncle Dave once asked Cinderella for her number. He’s a legend.
Quote of the trip: “I love you, giant yo-yo.”

As I said before, we were at Disney July 5-13, and we stayed at Pop Century Resort!

Because it was Kylie’s birthday trip, we pulled out all the stops. Here are just some of the things you have to look forward to:
Frozen Summer Fun!
Keys to the Kingdom!
Wishes Dessert Party!
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
Festival of Fantasy!
Birthday cake!
Matching T-shirts!
Getting trapped inside it’s a small world! (I wish that was a joke.)

Well, I’d say it’s time to get this started. Please select a row and move all the way to the end. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

One more thing: let me know if you’re along for the ride! I have met so many wonderful people within this community and I love making new Disney friends. So feel free to comment, ask questions, tell me your stories, whatever your heart desires!

Away we go! There’s nowhere to go but down…to the Utilidors!

Last edited by courtneybelle; 10-15-2014 at 01:58 PM.
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Table Of Contents

July 5

Chapter 1: It's Agony To Wait
Chapter 2: This Must Be POP!
Chapter 3: You Can Always Go Downtown

July 6

Chapter 4: Doing Whatever Snow Does In Summer
Chapter 5: HOOHOO BIG SUMMER BLOWOUT
Chapter 6: I Am The Captain Now
Chapter 7: For The First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-A-Long
Chapter 8: ‘50s Prime Time Café
Chapter 9: See You In The Movies
Chapter 10: We're On The List

July 7

Chapter 11: It's Yeti Time! Or Not.
Chapter 12: The World For Once In Perfect Harmony
Chapter 13: Go With The Flow
Chapter 14: Chef Mickey's
Chapter 15: Celebrate! Every Day's A Party!
Chapter 16: A Grand Circle Tour

July 8

Chapter 17: The Sweet 16 Commences
Chapter 18: Crystal Palace
Chapter 19: "I'm A Fast Learner."
Chapter 20: A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Chapter 21: Selfies With Big Al

July 9

July 10

July 11

July 12

July 13

Real Life Update

#1: I'll Be Dancing Through The Night

Last edited by courtneybelle; 10-15-2014 at 01:59 PM.
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

It looks like you had a mostly awesome time! Any time I've been at a show that had the ASL translators I've paid more attention to them than the show. I know a little bit of sign language, and taught it to my young sons. It especially came in handy with my oldest because he is speech delayed.

I can't wait to read more updates!

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! You finally posted! I'm most definitely in!

Your dad has fabulous taste in princesses btw. Tiana is QUEEN.
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

I'm totally in! Mostly for all your dad's photo bombs, but for all other good times too
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #7
jediprincess23
Mouseketeer

AHHH!!! I AM HERE AND SO EXCITED!!! Okay, now let me go back and read... Lol

Last edited by jediprincess23; 07-19-2014 at 06:01 AM.
jediprincess23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #8
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

joining! Sounds like a, well, magical trip! ... so, did Cinderella give him her number?

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
CarolAnnB
DIS Veteran

We're not even home for a week and I already didn't remember saying that!! Can't wait to relive it all through your eyes.

So sad ~ no countdown
CarolAnnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
BOG Obsessed
Foodie & Disney Lover= Pure Bliss

I'm joining in on this fun filled TR.
BOG Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #11
Adgie128
Earning My Ears

I'm in! I went to Disney for my Sweet 16, too (I won't say how many years ago that was now). Looking forward to your adventure with your family!

Adgie128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
belle79
Earning My Ears

I'm in I have been reading a bunch of TR to get tips for my trip next fall!! I haven't been to wdw since '98 and my husband has never been. my parents are coming too so it should be a great time .
Old 07-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I'm really looking forward to reading your trip report. You do a good job writing them and having the Frozen activities and a "newbie" traveler with you will be fun, too.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

I lurked on your other trip reports and I loved them! I'm looking forward to reading this one, too, and perhaps actually commenting!
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #15
jash08
Mouseketeer

I'm here, I'm here! So excited for this one!

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

jash08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: