Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

I agree that splitting a week would be a pain, we pick 1 and stay put others love to split though!
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #17
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I always like to save my favorite resort for the end...so book AKL at the start...I would actually do it just for two nights. Then, move over to BWVs for the remainder of the stay.
Yes, switching resorts can take up time..but just pack up the night before you're ready to leave AKL. Then, as early as possible, head over to BWVs. I actually like to take a cab now. Letting Disney move your bags for you can take all day....I've never had my bags at the new resort before 5pm, and I hand them off by 7:30am! I used to let Disney take my bags, I would head to a park until lunchtime, then head to the new resort to get checked in. With DVC, I seldom had a room ready, but at least I was checked in. I would then head to a park until around 4:30 or so, unless I got the text saying my room was ready.
Now, I just pack up, get a cab, and take myself and my bags over to the new resort. Yes, it costs more, but I have my bags with me, and I get checked in early, and can get a bus to a park close to rope drop..sometimes prior to rope drop!

I love switching resorts...do it almost every trip. I head to BWVs on Aug 30, for one night, then move to VWL with a friend for 5 nights. I once stayed two weeks...and was at AKL for one night, BWV for 4 nights, back to Kidani for two nights, then to Pop for free dining/5 nights, then to BWVs for my last two nights. It was crazy, and I don't recommend that unless you have time to kill and you don't mind being confused!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #18
DemoBri1
Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

If you are not going back anytime soon, do the split, but try the AKLV at the beginning instead of the end. This way you get the "out of the way" feeling over with and have the Boardwalk stay to look forward to.

DemoBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: