Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

WWYD I need to make a decision like this week

We are scheduled for the BWV for the week of Feb 14th-22nd. We lucked out and got a studio for the whole stay. Garden/pool view. My family stayed at BWI two years ago and loved it. I originally wanted BC but nothing avail. My husband is on board with whatever I want to do but he was really excited to be so close to two parks etc.

The kids and I really wanted to try AKL Jambo house savanna view. DH said if it would make us happy he would do a split. I am thinking 3 nights at the end of the trip at AKLV. Would you do it? The only thing I fear is I will regret being so far away from everything when I had an opportunity to stay close to everything. I am really torn and just do not know what to do...Please offer your advice because I certainly cannot make up my mind.....
You are the only ones who know my plight....

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
StitchBuddy
DIS Veteran

If this is your last trip, then do a split stay. If you are going back in a year or two, I would just stay in one resort. It takes time to change resorts and get settled again.
StitchBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

In February, it still gets dark fairly early. You may not be in the room much to see the animals.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
maryandtyson
Mouseketeer

I am partial to AKL, but I'd do it! AKL offers an amazing experience in and of itself. Two or three nights there will be a peaceful end to your trip. I find AKL to be less isolated and remote, more peaceful and a nice break from the Disney craziness. If your kids are into animals, other cultures, I think they'd love it. My girls like the bunk bed rooms.

maryandtyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

You started a thread this morning asking about a split stay, and got quite a few responses. Was it really necessary to start another one asking essentially the same question?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
BabiesDaddy
Earning My Ears

Do the split stay. You'll regret it if you don't do it. You get to stay at both resorts and everyone is happy. Let your husband decide in what order to do the resorts.
BabiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
In February, it still gets dark fairly early. You may not be in the room much to see the animals.
This point is a VERY good one, and you should really think about it.

BW is lovely and I would stay there over AKL any day.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:55 AM   #8
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

We stayed in AKL in December 2012. The best views of animals we had were at night. 5 giraffes eating and chilling right in front of our balcony every night at 11:00 PM. It was MAGICAL.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #9
Fivesacharm
Mouseketeer

AKL is just too out of the way for my liking. We LOVE the convenience of being in either BCV or BWV in the Epcot area. I, personally, would just stick with BWV

Fivesacharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #10
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I guess it depends on how your transportation is at home.

The longest bus ride was 16-18 minutes to MK.

We use public transportation at home so... 16 min is a very short ride!

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:48 AM   #11
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
You started a thread this morning asking about a split stay, and got quite a few responses. Was it really necessary to start another one asking essentially the same question?
Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

Is it necessary to post a snarky comment? If my questions bother you don't click on my threads

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Old 07-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #13
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

We are going to do it I just need to decide if i will be the beginning of our stay or the end. If I choose the end I will need to use 3 more points which would be an additional 36.00 not a big deal or at the beginning which would cost nothing since the beginning of the stay is the same number or points as the BWV

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #14
Sue M
DIS Veteran

This is just me, but I feel a week is too short to do a split stay. You're just getting settled in one resort when you have to pack up everyone and move.
Both are great resorts. I'd just pick one.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #15
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed
No, she's just wondering why someone needs to start two threads on the same topic on the same day, especially when plenty of responses were given on the first thread.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: