Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Cool Why can't I just be satisfied?

OMG I just need to stop... I am booked at the BWV for Feburary and I am LUCKY to have gotten a studio for the week. We wanted the BC which was not available We stayed at BWI two years ago and we loved it. I really wanted to try something different but DH wanted something close to Epcot if we could get it. Now, I longingly look at the AKL and want to stay there. I could do a split stay. Am I crazy for considering it? I don't know what my problem is....why is this just so hard????

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
Disneymomma0783
Mouseketeer

I always have internal struggles once we book somewhere. Every hotel has something unique that tears at me over the one we have chosen. I have told myself no changes this time... We stay with what's picked !! It's do hard bc Disney math starts coming into play and it gets crazy!!
We have a split stay between BC and AKL CL for 8 and 3 and then 5 at a condo. But believe me that the punt if time I sit ther torn between BC and WL is embarassing!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
deakam
DIS Veteran

Same thing here----I booked Wilderness Lodge---totally happy with the choice. Then I get the letter stating the pool will be under construction. Changed to the Contemporary. Decided the Contemporary is to stark for me and the Garden Wing is too far from the transportation options for my friend so I switched to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Now I am thinking Boardwalk might have been a better choice. I just need to stop as well. We leave in 70 days!!!! I can not keep making changes. I do this with ADR's as well. Disney reservations must hate me. I really should send them a gift.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Since your husband wants to be close to Epcot, I'd stick with where you are.

Now quit looking at other resorts!

I have done the same thing by the way. And I did do a split stay. I really like staying at one resort only I discovered. Packing up and moving resorts annoyed me.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Of all your choices, BWV is my first choice. And it suits your DH's need to be near Epcot. Stick with it!
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
clapton
Mouseketeer

I would stay with the BWV. AKL is beautiful, but a little out of the way IMO. You can't beat the location and the atmosphere. Have a great trip!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
OMG I just need to stop... I am booked at the BWV for Feburary and I am LUCKY to have gotten a studio for the week. We wanted the BC which was not available We stayed at BWI two years ago and we loved it. I really wanted to try something different but DH wanted something close to Epcot if we could get it. Now, I longingly look at the AKL and want to stay there. I could do a split stay. Am I crazy for considering it? I don't know what my problem is....why is this just so hard????
We are doing a split stay with AKL and the Boardwalk in September (by the way....we didn't like the Villas at the BC). I say go for it!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
kwelsh
Earning My Ears

I suggest you stick with your current reservation but make a dining reservation or 2 over at AKL.
kwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
Disfan1968
Mouseketeer

AK would be great, you know... waking up to monkeys in your kitchen raiding your cereal and all. BUT, that spectacle, honestly does not trump the fantastic location BW affords you. I would definitely stick with BW.
2014 Art of Animation.
Next Trip: Port Orleans Riverside- Summer 2015
Disfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
... I could do a split stay. Am I crazy for considering it?
We do split stays all the time ... It's the only way we're going to be able to stay at all of them
Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

We are doing 8 nights at AKL next April in a studio! We did BWV in a studio this past April. For us we wouldnt want to pack up and move 1/2 way through, but for some they love that! We love AKL and the pool area, and Mara quick serve.
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

He said if it was my hearts desire he would switch over for a few nights....what do I do? I really want to stay there but now I am afraid to pull the trigger....help

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He said if it was my hearts desire he would switch over for a few nights....what do I do? I really want to stay there but now I am afraid to pull the trigger....help
I'd say go for it. We love split stays .... it's like multiple vacations all in one
Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
kwelsh
Earning My Ears

You need to decide how you feel about packing in the middle of your trip. I've done it and hated it, but others don't mind at all.
kwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #15
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

AKL is awesome. I strongly recommend the split stay.

Oct 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Nov 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: