Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
Raidra
Mouseketeer

New (To Me?) FP+ Glitch - Update in OP

I read through most of the recent "Disney Erased my FPs" thread, and I've read a lot of other FP glitch threads, but I haven't seen this issue before.

I had a package booked with 10 day park hoppers and free QS DP upgraded to regular DP. When my 60 day window opened, I spent an hour from midnight to 1am booking all our FPs. Last week, we had some major car repairs come up that bit into our vacation budget, so I called to downgrade the park hoppers to base tickets and switch back to just the QS dining plan because our 45 day mark is approaching. I'm already super stressed out about money and how to recoup the cost of the car repairs so we can add the PH and DP upgrade back on before our trip.

So anyway, I signed in to MDE last night and noticed that while my four young children's FPs are all there as I'd made them, somehow all of the fastpasses for me and my husband are gone. I'm completely baffled.

To be plain - I did not switch from a room-only to a package, or vice versa. I only removed add-ons while still keeping it a package. My resort confirmation # did not change. My kids (10, 8, 6, 4) have their fastpasses just as I'd made them. But apparently they'll have to ride alone.

I called this morning and the lovely woman I talked to was able to copy all of the kids' fastpasses to me and my husband, except for - you guessed it, Anna and Elsa. Her suggestion was to keep looking for single FPs that overlap my kids' FP windows. I also called IT, thinking they might have a better solution, but she said the same thing. She also suggested going to Guest Services that morning to see what they could do, if I can't find FPs for me and my husband. She said she'd never heard of this problem before.

I'm completely frustrated that I did everything I was supposed to do, and Disney has no way to fix this. The amount of time I've spent planning (hours on the phone to get FD, an hour setting up FPs, etc), working extra jobs to be able to afford this trip, and their best resolution is for me to spend who-knows-how-many-hours trying to find FPs on my own. I already did it once, I shouldn't have to do it again, just because their system is messed up.

UPDATE: I emailed Disney through the Contact Us link on the website. They called me this afternoon (Saturday) and the person I talked to said that she couldn't magically fix the Anna & Elsa FP that we're missing, to keep checking back. But to address my main concern - that it would happen again if I put the upgrades back on my reservation - she copied down all of my current plans (in a Word document, no less). She said that if I upgraded and lost FPs, to call her direct line and she would fix it for us. I asked what she thought our chances are of Guest Relations in the parks being able to give us a 'anytime FP' the day of, and she said we could try it, but that her department was above Guest Relations (she said above Leadership, too) her advice was to stalk the MDE website for each of us at a time (she also checked for us, too, while we were on the phone).

So.. it still sucks that I have to spend a lot of time searching for FPs to fix the initial mistake, but at least now I'm not worried about risking our FPs if we upgrade closer to our trip. She was very nice and understanding, and admitted that the system has flaws and that they were sorry it happened to us.

Next trip: September 2014

Disney Craft Blog

My Etsy Store: dreamseadesigns

Last edited by Raidra; 07-19-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Raidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Crl1817
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry! I think it is inexcusable that Disney isn't solving this kind of thing.

I have been worrying about a similar scenario. We are planning to wait until we arrive to add water parks, depending on the weather, and possibly hoppers, depending on whether ds and dh want to hop in the evenings. But what if doing that erases our fastpasses? I'm starting to wonder if it would be better just to add it all now before we make fastpasses and hope that we actually use those options.
Crl1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
MaryKatesMom
DIS Veteran

It seems anytime you make resort or package changes there is a possibility of losing FP+.

I wanted to move from the Dolphin to the YC/BC but decided that is wasn't worth the risk. Their loss.
MaryKatesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Sorry this happened to you, but glad you got a partial resolution. Hope you can get those AE FPs. It seems that anytime a package is switched or changed, there is a danger of losing FPs.

I think Disney should do more for you, like have anytime FPs waiting for you when you check in to use on the meet and greet. It's a shame that paying customers have to spend hours trying to fix their mistakes.

This is a perfect example of what I call Disney's Philosophy on Customer Service..."Take It or Leave it"

Anyway, I hope it all gets sorted for you!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Yep, had the same thing happen. It seems that you run the risk of losing FP+ reservations anytime there is a change to your reservation. For me, we lost my mother (tickets, FP+, everything) when trying to link two MDE accounts together. Our case had to be sent to a special Disney IT unit to find her. We did not get her FP+ reservations back - I ended up having to remake them.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
jimilla
Mouseketeer

I had a post about this already, but I was going to surprise my family and switch from AOA to WL, but because of all the issues I heard about, and because we already had A&E and 7DMT, I decided against it.

So I just added HoopDee and Frozen Premium package instead.
jimilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I am so sorry this happened.

This is just ridiculous that Disney has this many ongoing bugs in this system. I hope you get it resolved.

I was going to wait and add the options to our tickets closer to our trip but guess I'll add them now before my fp window comes up.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
kirstinnusky
Earning My Ears

Yesterday morning I went on to double check my fast pass reservations after the glitch last week. Everything appeared to be ok except one evening we had set aside at DHS. In all honesty I had noticed a couple of weeks back that my FP for TSM had been switched to a FP that was good for any ride tier 1 or 2 between the hours of 9am and 9pm. Well yesterday when I went on MDE that particular FP was gone, and the two remaining were at odd times my family and I weren't even planning on being in the parks.

At this point I decided to call WDW, and explain the situation and let them know I had a screen shot of my original fast pass reservations. The CM on the phone told me there was nothing he could do and then proceeded to ask if there was anything else I needed?

I guess I will continue to look on MDE for TSM availability but with only 28 days left there are slim pickings!
kirstinnusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #9
Raidra
Mouseketeer

So I guess my question is this - how can I increase my chances of NOT having this happen again, if I want to add hoppers & waterparks? If I wait until I'm there, can I insist that they print out my FPs before making the change, to prove that they screwed it up, not me? Would that increase the likelihood of getting anytime FPs or whatever, to compensate? I sincerely do not want to spend a portion of every day at Guest Relations, but if that's what has to be done, I don't want it to be a crapshoot on whether we'll get what we need.

Further - I really do want to upgrade dining, but I was told that it has to be done a few days before our arrival, not while we're there. If they can't assure me that I will be properly compensated if their system messes up, then they're going to lose out on a good chunk of money from me (which, in the long run, is less than a drop in the bucket to Disney), but still.. you'd think they'd want people to spend more money, not be afraid to upgrade.

Is there a "best" way to complain to Disney about this, or is just using the generic "Contact Us" email through the website as good as I can get?

Next trip: September 2014

Disney Craft Blog

My Etsy Store: dreamseadesigns
Raidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:23 AM   #10
DJRosko
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
I already did it once, I shouldn't have to do it again, just because their system is messed up.
To all others potentially worried-I HIGHLY recommend taking screens of your FP+'s so if anything happens you can take it to guest services!

I'm sorry this happened to you-I came across this/another post while debating ADDING a day to the tickets. Will let you know what if anything happens when I add.
DJRosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:22 AM   #11
aretha30
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRosko View Post
To all others potentially worried-I HIGHLY recommend taking screens of your FP+'s so if anything happens you can take it to guest services!

I'm sorry this happened to you-I came across this/another post while debating ADDING a day to the tickets. Will let you know what if anything happens when I add.
I added a day to our existing tickets; we had 6 day PH went to 7 day PH and our FP+ stayed the same. I think at this time it is a crap shoot. It seems like the system only allows for certain changes. I hope they can figure this out for you!
DS 6
90's too many trips to count
2001 Honeymoon Land/Sea
2001- 2006 Lost count again
2010- Pop
2012- ASMu
2014- Pop
aretha30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #12
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

If you get them back and finalize all your dining and FP+'selections I would print out the pages with all your reservations on it
Old 07-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #13
kesajen
Earning My Ears

I have a question: I'm staying off property (I know, GASP!) and my 30 day window just opened. Do I really have to go back in every day to add FP's??? And I saw the original poster of this thread say Disney told her to look for single FP availability for Elsa & Anna. You have to cancel what you have to look for something else. What happens if, while you're looking, the one you cancelled gets taken, the EA isn't available, and now you have one person in your party without a FP?? This is a nightmare. I no like!!!! I need a vacation from planning our vacation!!
kesajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #14
ryanmac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
So I guess my question is this - how can I increase my chances of NOT having this happen again, if I want to add hoppers & waterparks? If I wait until I'm there, can I insist that they print out my FPs before making the change, to prove that they screwed it up, not me? Would that increase the likelihood of getting anytime FPs or whatever, to compensate? I sincerely do not want to spend a portion of every day at Guest Relations, but if that's what has to be done, I don't want it to be a crapshoot on whether we'll get what we need.

Further - I really do want to upgrade dining, but I was told that it has to be done a few days before our arrival, not while we're there. If they can't assure me that I will be properly compensated if their system messes up, then they're going to lose out on a good chunk of money from me (which, in the long run, is less than a drop in the bucket to Disney), but still.. you'd think they'd want people to spend more money, not be afraid to upgrade.

Is there a "best" way to complain to Disney about this, or is just using the generic "Contact Us" email through the website as good as I can get?

I'm in the same boat, I have all my FP reservations made and an ADR made for every day but have not purchased the DDP yet. I plan on doing this soon but am really nervous about losing our elusive A&E FP when we upgrade.

I would love to hear some resolution to this problem or we might not upgrade and would have to consider cancelling some ADR's and not upgrading since A&E are a cornerstone to this trip for many of the people going in my party.

This seems like a really bad oversight that Disney hasn't come up with a reasonable solution for yet.

Last edited by ryanmac; 07-19-2014 at 09:57 AM.
ryanmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesajen View Post
I have a question: I'm staying off property (I know, GASP!) and my 30 day window just opened. Do I really have to go back in every day to add FP's??? And I saw the original poster of this thread say Disney told her to look for single FP availability for Elsa & Anna. You have to cancel what you have to look for something else. What happens if, while you're looking, the one you cancelled gets taken, the EA isn't available, and now you have one person in your party without a FP?? This is a nightmare. I no like!!!! I need a vacation from planning our vacation!!
Yes, you can only do FP+ selections at exactly 30 days, so you will need to do them one day at a time.

My FIL is joining us for part of our trip in August but not staying on site. He is going to MDE each day and trying to match the FP+ that we booked at the 60 day mark. So far so good. I figure he has a good shot since he is just 1 person.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: