Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

4th FP For Test Track or Soarin

We will be in WDW on Sept 9-19. On some days we will be arriving at EP around 3-4pm. What are the chances of snagging a 4th FP for Test Track or Soarin for later in the evening?

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
We will be in WDW on Sept 9-19. On some days we will be arriving at EP around 3-4pm. What are the chances of snagging a 4th FP for Test Track or Soarin for later in the evening?

I would guess close to zero. I would get one for Soarin', and use the Test Track single rider line if possible.

Maybe you will get lucky! But we tried in May for the 4th FP+ at around 12:30 pm, and both Soarin' and TT were gone.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
ghtx
DIS Veteran

You are going during one of the least busy times of the year, but even then a FP+ day-of available for Soarin or TT in the afternoon will be iffy.

My suggestion is to book your 60-day-ahead FPs for Soarin or TT for the afternoon at Epcot. You won't have morning FPs for whatever park you are at, but since it is during such a non-busy period you should be fine with SB in the morning.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #4
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

We always go the third week of September. In all our past trips we were able to get a FP(using the old system) for test track and Soarin when we arrived at EPCOT in the late afternoon. They were usually still available until 3pm and sometimes as late as 5pm. Not sure if that will hold true with the new system.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
kneedeep
Loving the Florida life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I would guess close to zero. I would get one for Soarin', and use the Test Track single rider line if possible.
This is what we did on our visit earlier this month. Our 3FPPs were done by 1pm and none of the Tier 1s were left as options for a 4th.
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
jco_direwolf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
We always go the third week of September. In all our past trips we were able to get a FP(using the old system) for test track and Soarin when we arrived at EPCOT in the late afternoon. They were usually still available until 3pm and sometimes as late as 5pm. Not sure if that will hold true with the new system.
My guess is it won't hold true. Remember you use to have to trek to The Land to get them. Now your first 3 you can get with the push of a button before the park opens.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #7
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco_direwolf View Post
My guess is it won't hold true. Remember you use to have to trek to The Land to get them. Now your first 3 you can get with the push of a button before the park opens.
I fear you are probably right Although you definitely can not compare May or July to September with September being one of the slowest months of the year and July being one of the busiest. I plan to start checking MDE for availability after Labor day to get a feel for what our trip (September 10th - 21st) will be like.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #8
kidd_freeper
DIS Veteran

Almost no chance.

However, the single rider line for TT isn't a bad option. Not as many options to design your own car, as you can in the SB and FP lines though.
kidd_freeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
samandryanmom
Mouseketeer

We were at Epcot on Monday, June 30th and got a fourth fastpass for Test Track. We probably got it around 2PM or so. It had stormed around noon and lots of people dropped their Test Track Fastpass for something else. The lady at the kiosk explained that to me because I was so surprised that there was availability.

ds dd

May 1995, Honeymoon
May 2002, 1st trip for ds
May 2007, 1st trip for dd
May/June 2010 2 week offsite adventure
August 2011, Girls only trip
July 2012, Universal/SeaWorld
July, 2013, Two day trip
June, 2014, Girls Only Again
samandryanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
jhaig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
You are going during one of the least busy times of the year, but even then a FP+ day-of available for Soarin or TT in the afternoon will be iffy. My suggestion is to book your 60-day-ahead FPs for Soarin or TT for the afternoon at Epcot. You won't have morning FPs for whatever park you are at, but since it is during such a non-busy period you should be fine with SB in the morning.
I've got both Soarin and TT for different mornings, and we will be doing standby at rope drop for one or the other. I'll check on arrival and hope for the best!

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
Old 07-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #11
HeartyHarHar
Earning My Ears

We had no success doing this during our very recent trip.
HeartyHarHar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #12
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Arriving at 3. Does that mean you might do 3FP+ at another park and then hop to EPCOT? If so, when you arrive you just might IMO.

Other option is do you really want the 3 choices? If not really-then schedule a noon and 1PM you don't mind letting expire-then a 3 to 4 Soarin you will use, then at 3:15 try for TT.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #13
TravelandLeisure
Earning My Ears

We went in early June and pre-booked a fp for Soarin. After we used our third fast pass we were able to get a 4th one for Test Track at 1:00 for 6:50. I remember there being a slightly earlier evening time available, but this one corresponded with our dinner schedule.
TravelandLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #14
jhaig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Arriving at 3. Does that mean you might do 3FP+ at another park and then hop to EPCOT? If so, when you arrive you just might IMO. Other option is do you really want the 3 choices? If not really-then schedule a noon and 1PM you don't mind letting expire-then a 3 to 4 Soarin you will use, then at 3:15 try for TT.
That's exactly the plan. We have 3 FP's for MK in the morning then we'll be at EP for the afternoon and evening.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
izzylovesmickey
Earning My Ears

We were at Epcot last week. Had been at HS earlier and when we entered Epcot we decided to try to get a FP for TT or Soarin'. It was about 6:30pm and got one for TT. Might have been a fluke but it certainly doesn't hurt to check.
izzylovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: