Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
akfan513
Earning My Ears

DVC Presentation Fast Passes

Be heard if you go to a DVC presentation at your resort, your family receive 3 fast passes each. Are there any exclusions to using these FPs? Do you have to book them online? If not, are there any rides you can't use them for?
akfan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:22 AM   #2
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

As far as I'm aware, it's not always a hard and fast rule that you will receive FPs.

But if you do, there are not normally restrictions on them. I don't know what they do now - they used to be paper FPs that you just handed to the CM instead of the normal FP ticket. I would imagine they are probably still a similar thing.

Last edited by wilma-bride; 07-16-2014 at 05:27 AM.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 05:16 AM   #3
monique5
DVC - BLT & VGF

I believe another post stated not valid for Elsa & Anna or SDMT. Also, as OP stated FP not guaranteed.

monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #4
isaacsfam
Earning My Ears

We did this on our last trip and it was a waste of time. You have to wait for transportation to take you to SSR (I think), wait for a DVC rep, then wait for transportation back to where you started. We could have easily stood in three SB lines in the time it took. We did learn some useful info but unless you are serious about buying I wouldn't waste the time.
isaacsfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacsfam View Post
We did this on our last trip and it was a waste of time. You have to wait for transportation to take you to SSR (I think), wait for a DVC rep, then wait for transportation back to where you started. We could have easily stood in three SB lines in the time it took. We did learn some useful info but unless you are serious about buying I wouldn't waste the time.
this.

sometimes DVC will give you fastpasses or small value gift cards to offset the time you spend looking at the program. sometimes they will only give you lemonade and cookies.

only do the DVC presentation if you would be happy with just the lemonade and cookies...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
TravelandLeisure
Earning My Ears

When we did the DVC presentation in June we were given a $50 gift card at the end. There was also free ice cream. It lasted about 90 minutes.
TravelandLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #7
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Yes, FPs are not always a "given" at each presentation. Depends on what your DVC guide offers you. You can always ask for them, I guess. Worst they can say is no. LOL

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #8
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

The hard rules for the passes is they can not be given to anyone using comp tickets or cast member admission. They can not be used for any character meet and greets. They can not be used for Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin', or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I was also informed they do not have to be used for the same park and can be used any time for up to 10 days after they are put on your account. You can also now see them on MDE so you'll know if they are there or not.

As others have said they are not guaranteed so if you are doing it just for the fastpasses ask the person signing you up for the tour if it is included or not. We did our at Grand Floridan from MK. We picked a time, they picked us up outside the gates by the buses, we drove over to GF, took 60 minutes to do the whole presentation and then they were willing and able to drive us anywhere on property after. We decided to have lunch at GF and browse the shops and then return to MK by monorail.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #9
akfan513
Earning My Ears

Great info everyone! Thanks!
akfan513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: